Watcher Fortress: Losing is FUN *No direct spoilers*

I'd like to see an expansion based on Caed Nua. After my Watcher's epic journey, I think he'd deserve some time off for rest and relaxation. In this expansion, the action would take place mostly in Deep Space Nine, er... Caed Nua, and the various adventures, petitioners, visitors, encounters would have some actual dialogue and roleplaying tied to them.

I mean, one of the bigger complaints about PoE is that the stronghold feels tacked on and irrelevant to the plot past Act 1. Why not make an expansion that truly fleshes it out? It'd be different from 99% of all RPGs out there, where the player character is a wandering murderhobo that goes into intelligent races' homes to kill them and take their stuff. Instead, you stay at home and protect it from other murderhobos who want to kill you and take your stuff.

What do you think?

Agreed. From the looks of things, there isn't really a whole lot that most upgrading does, aside from cosmetic boosters, and the whole "earn money via taxes" mentality that gets shafted by hireling upkeep/raids. It really does need some sprucing up, so that it doesn't seem like a money sink with a few small rest benefits...that you can't even get all in one rest.

Upgrade the Warden's Hut, for some side-quests. It's not exactly R&R but it's something.

lol, it's difficult to detect how serious you are based on your tone.

An RPG where you're an adventurer king instead of a wandering vagrant might be interesting. I'm sure it must have been done before though (though I can't think of any examples at the moment). Anyway, I guess the problem is balance between management RPG and action adventure. Those two genres don't really work well together.

EDIT: Something like Dungeon Keeper might be nice. You build rooms, train creatures and repel enemy attacks...

Edited by Heijoushin

lol, it's difficult to detect how serious you are based on your tone.

An RPG where you're an adventurer king instead of a wandering vagrant might be interesting. I'm sure it must have been done before though (though I can't think of any examples at the moment). Anyway, I guess the problem is balance between management RPG and action adventure. Those two genres don't really work well together.

EDIT: Something like Dungeon Keeper might be nice. You build rooms, train creatures and repel enemy attacks...

My post isn't sarcasm or a troll post, if that's what you're wondering.

If we're going to break away from D&D stereotypes completely, it's the wandering murderhobo that needs to go. Venturing away from D&D, one thing that drew me to the World of Darkness was that the vast majority of player characters had some ties to society. Vampires, werewolves, and mages (the three main races of both Old and New World of Darkness) live in both human society and in their own respective societies, and balancing the two is tricky but necessary. You tend to roleplay your character very differently when you have something to lose and cannot simply flee the jurisdiction without abandoning most of your assets.