Triple Crown Solo Tips and Tricks - Let's Compare Notes!

And where can i get sanguine plate, anyone?

Go to the docks, get the quest from the merchant to give the seeds to the guy in Copperlane. Finish that quest however you like, and this gives access to Pellegina. Once that's done, you can go to the embassy in First Fires and the ambassador will talk to you, he gives the quest that results in the fight that drops the Sanguine Plate.

Go to the docks, get the quest from the merchant to give the seeds to the guy in Copperlane. Finish that quest however you like, and this gives access to Pellegina. Once that's done, you can go to the embassy in First Fires and the ambassador will talk to you, he gives the quest that results in the fight that drops the Sanguine Plate.

Is there a way to get it without pellegina joining my party, going for the triple crown

Edit- all you need to do is talk to her, i even killed her for her loot and he still gave me the quest

Edited by Ceranai

If there a way to get it without pellegina joining my party, going for the triple crown

Is there a way to get it without pellegina joining my party, going for the triple crown

Edit- all you need to do is talk to her, i even killed her for her loot and he still gave me the quest

shiiiiiit thats a hard fight

Yes, that fight is pretty bad, if for no other reason than the guy who drops the Sanguine Plate is well, WEARING the Sanguine Plate, and thus benefits from its retaliation ability.

Need to split them up a bit, and have a way to stun that guy so he can't keep hitting you back.

Yes, that fight is pretty bad, if for no other reason than the guy who drops the Sanguine Plate is well, WEARING the Sanguine Plate, and thus benefits from its retaliation ability.

Need to split them up a bit, and have a way to stun that guy so he can't keep hitting you back.

I can kite him and he ignores my wurms, the real issue is as I said he flat out outheals anything I hit him for, gonna come back when I have a much higher dps

Also on the topic of strategy Im not sure if this counts as a bug or an exploit or what but for whatever reason mobs totally ignore my wurms while i am alive, this enables me t make a wall of wurms, and run in circles around them droping frost traps as I go. I mean i would honestly they rather engage the wurms so im not above taking advantage of the situation, its a bit micro heavy but it works in pretty much all fights. 

(obviously it doesnt work against ranged opponents, but against ranged Its better to get up close with a phantom anyway as they usually have long reload times and so your phantom can stun lock them)

1ihgk9.jpg

In the fight above I pulled them all as far west as I could into a nice little corner and used my obsidian figurine to open up, then when the shades had died I used my wurms and frost chant and ran in circles around the boss guy, wurms have pretty mediocre DPS but they are better than phantoms for positioning. (the guy in the picture reset but his wolf was attacking me, every time i killed his wolf it came back to life lol, but as soon as i got my phantom it was game over i dont think he fired a single arrow after lol).

This is also the furthest ive goten so far on my three crowns attempts so ive gotta be extra careful.

Below is the troll fight, i probably could have just as easily stun locked wit a phantom but i wanted to show this wurm trick in action, most of the traps missed the damage but hit for the slow, he killed three of my wurms but it took him several circles before he grew impatient and engaged my wurms and not me.

25rjrsy.jpg

Edited by Ceranai

Good contributions all around, but please leave save scumming out of this. We're trying to do TCS legimitately, and the journey matters as much as the destination. TCS is pretty much a bragging rights reward, and being able to do it without violating the spirit of the rules is a bragging rights award in and of itself.

Anyway, I was wondering if a character built for avoiding combat but not necessarily through stealth would be viable. I'm not saying to ignore Stealth, but not to rely on it solely. I know that there are many parts of the game where having certains skills or attributes or even money allows you to bypass difficult fights but still give you lots of XP so you'll be stronger for the unavoidable fights.

1. For the dragon egg quest in Dyrford, if you have a high enough Resolve, you can make two of the mercenaries run away, making the fight a lot easier. If you have a lot of cash and maybe Resolve, you can pay them off and skip the fight altogether.

2. When trying to gain access to Heritage Hill, you can bypass a side quest by paying off the guards. IIRC, it cost 3000 to get them to let you pass. I haven't tried intimidating them with Might yet, though.

3. For Rymngrand's quest, Stealth will allow you to bypass fighting an entire army of pale elves. You can then talk to the head priest and, I can't remember what dialogue options I chose or which skills or attributes were needed, but you can give him the ice shard to seal the breach and resolve the quest peacefully. You can then go back to Rymngrand and try to persuade him that you did the right thing. It was much easier on my first playthrough, though, because Ondra intervened  because I was a Merchant and she was impressed by my handling and rules lawyering of the situation, and she talked Rymngrand into accepting my peaceful solution.

4. For Hylea's quest, you can simply let the sky dragon live, and tell Hylea that the dragon was a winged creature and a mother to boot, and dragons create beauty in their own way.

5. For Berath's quest, if you have high enough Resolve, you can make the Golden Grove druid commit suicide (or rather, end the magical effects that were unnaturally prolonging her life). Unfortunately, you can't get the Ethik Nol druid willingly give up his immortality, and you have to kill him and then slaughter your way out of the building.

6. Galawain's quest is a bit tricky. If you're a Fighter, you can convince the bear side to go into the lion's den to attack. However, the bear attacks everything in its way, so unless you have some way of fleeing, you have to fight a BFB (big ****ing bear) to get out. I don't know if the lion side will go hostile to you if you convince them to give up their position and attack the bear in the open, though.

7. At various parts of the game, you can take the easy way out by paying off people who extort you or giving up people that one faction or another wants dead. Alternatively, you can take the moral high road by not turning in or promising not to turn i people who were forced into villainy, like that actor who was too scared out of his wits to turn Lumdala in for her snuff shows. Heck, you can even avoid a fight with Lumdala and her goons by promising to let her go (don't worry, the psychic cops arrest her anyway, so she doesn't get off the hook that easily).

Are there any tricks to beating penhold when he confronts you? I cant beat him very reliably in my non ToI run and i really dont want to give him the forged affidavit 

If you give him the affadavit, there's an option that is damn near identical to "After what I just did for you, you're still going to hold this one over Osric?" that will result in him giving you the breastplate.

Are there any tricks to beating penhold when he confronts you? I cant beat him very reliably in my non ToI run and i really dont want to give him the forged affidavit 

If you give him the affadavit, there's an option that is damn near identical to "After what I just did for you, you're still going to hold this one over Osric?" that will result in him giving you the breastplate.

Indeed. The best way to resolve this is to give him the documents, then tell him that he's stuck in the past for hanging on to Osric's armor. He'll give you the armor without a fight.

• 5 weeks later...

Little trick with priest, it's possible to run right through most fights by casting withdraw on self to drop combat. It really helps to have fast runner but might not be necessary, haven't experimented that much yet. It's also possible to get two enemy groups to fight each and withdraw to get the kill xp/loot and clear baddies.

8. Avoid Madhmar Bridge early in the game unless you have insane Stealth and you transition into it in scouting mode. Otherwise, a Xaurip will instantly attack you and stunlock you to death if you don't have enough deflection and armor.

If you unlock fast travelling to the Bridge from Black Meadow, but instead use the exit near the Inn in Gilded Vale to fast travel there, you appear on the eastern side of the Bridge map and can avoid the Xaurip entirely allowing you to complete the task for the Defiance Bay trap maker for extra XP. I don't Triple Crown but I do solo on PotD.