Ok, so basically I was after a list of "must buy" / "best in slot" purchasable items. With only a finite amount of cash and so many things from the vendors in defiance bay I'm wonding what I should spend my hard earned copper pands on. 

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

You really don't need to buy anything -- the game provides you with all the equipment you could ask for by the time you should be in Defiance Bay, and/or you can craft better equipment anyway.

Personally I tried to do a speed run to get all the companions which necessitates going to Gilded Vale (Aloth & Eder Both Lv 2) > Magran's Fork (Durance Lv 2) > Caed Nua (Kana Lv 2) - Kill dude face McWizardPants & Unlock Path East) > Woodend Plains (Sagani Lv 3) > Stormwall Gorge (Hiravias Lv 3) > Dyrford Village (Griving Mother Lv 3) > Defiance Bay (Pallegina lv 4 after doing the quest in Ondra's Gift).

But after that was done I back tracked to Raedric Hold + all starting areas. Still haven't done anything in Dyrford Village other than scoop Grieving Mother). Seems to be working out for me so far and minimising the terribad choices that the auto-levelling AI chooses for the companions.

Edited by Koth

GV - Larder Door

DB - Ring of Deflection +10, Exceptional Plate, Cloak of the Tireless Defender

Dyrford - The Hours of St. Rumbalt, a fair and balanced greatsword  :brows:

TE - tier 3 crafting mats

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

who sells the Ring of Deflection +10? Not seen that one yet

My earliest save is after I bought it, but the wiki says Lora in Copperlane market. A second one can be looted from

a hidden skeleton at Dyrford Crossing.

Also try to find any and every source of Pilgrim's Crown for crafting early Fine gear.

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

Has anyone tried upgrading The Dissappointer to Fine to see if it still overwrites the crappy debuff after 1.03/hotfix?

I enchanted it with Accuracy 1 and it overwrote the terrible attribute with a +4 accuracy attribute.  The enchant requires things that you can get very early in the game.

Edited by reclinemusic