Lightsabres

You'd witness the invention of the lightsaber (whose power source which you wore on your back would be connected to the hilt by a cord!), the foundation of the Jedi council, etc.

I guess the SW universe has enough potential for an INFINITE amount of entertainment material....unbelievable. Lucas really has a Star Forge for 'Endless Money'

From info in the first game (well the descriptions of various swords), i think the lightsabre came into use around 4000-5000 years before the OT.

Ajunta Pall did not have one, he lived 5000 years b4. But you have them in KotOR, which is 4000 years b4.

There was also the Karath swords, which belonged to a sect of the sith called the Karath (obviously but some1 who knows more about the EU could tell u more).

I don't know exactly. Does any else have any ideas?

I though this should be a separate thread!

So any one know any thing?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hmmm.... they never actually said that Ajunta Pall NEVER actually had a lightsaber. We just assumed that his double bladed sword was his main weapon. He could have had a lightsaber but not used it.

............. O god... I'm talking like he's a real person.

To my knowledge the "krath" were a sith-like cult on Onderon, somewhat semi-based on Dxun. I never read much about them besides the bios for Ulic Qel Droma on the database. Aparently in the empress teta system Ulic was attempting to infiltrate the krath academy. He even killed an inocent man (who was to be executed for defying the krath order on the planet) to prove he was truly a servant to the cult. However someone (I forget there name) didn't trust him, and just stabbed him with a spear with anceint sith poison, which would burn his veins till he gave into the darkside. After Ulic turned he idmediately killed "someone" and took their place as second in command of the cult. Beyonde that, and their locations I know very little about them.

I think that sabers have been around for along time within star wars, but are simply very rare and most commonly weilded by jedi alone, who are the best at handling the near wheightless weapon due to their ability to command the force and there force enhanced perception. I think swords were simply a popular close range weapon. As for ajunta paul, who seems to be one of the first sith lords to come to korriban, I think the exiled jedi had their lightsabers stripped of them. And thus were forced to use swords like ajunta pauls. Vibro blade technology introduced sometime afterwards yet long before KOTOR probaly boosted the popularity of swords.

i believe the founder of the jedi order (forgot his name) worked with a jedi scientist to make the first lightsaber

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Here is a site I found on a list of SW-related links a while ago. Ree-diculous amount of detail on the subject of lightsabers.

http://www.thelightsaber.com/history1.htm

Thanks for the link but did u see the pic of dooku on it? :blink:

post-1139-1092854503_thumb.jpg

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Does any one know of any mention in the books about when lightsabres where first used?

That sure is a dang weird pic of duku, perhapse his jedi academy album photo, LOL, j/k. I dunno if any book specificly states when, but I'd think it was when the jedi started up or soon after. look at my above post for theories on why the sith didn't apear to have lightsabers in such times

Here is a site I found on a list of SW-related links a while ago. Ree-diculous amount of detail on the subject of lightsabers.

http://www.thelightsaber.com/history1.htm

Thanks for the link.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Nice post Darth Drabek.

Anybody see the Baton style lightsabers of Sinya. And some of those lightsaber hilts would be very nice to see in some type of game or so.

Imagine it, 4,000 years after the movies the jedi become police and use saber-batons which only stun.

Evolutionary Development

powers of the jedi sourcebook pg. 63 ArTiFaCtS:

Archaic Lightsabers

the first lightsabers built by jedi used an experimental "frozen blaster" technology to create an energy beam of a fixed length.Crude archaic lightsabers were barely portable,since they were designed for siege warfare. overtime, the jedi technichians learned how to minaturize the parts involved, incorperating emerging technologiesto pack more power output into a smaller energycell.The result was the first true lightsaber.

Archaic lightsabers have obvious drawbacks. the powerpack is typicaly too large for a weapon to be used by a medium sized creature. It is worn on the jedi's belt,and its handle is connected by a flexible cable.

X: the welder can not use the following feats: knight defense,lightsaber defense,and master defense when welding this weapon

x: the entire unit weighs 3 kilograms, considerably more than a standard lightsaber

X: these lightsabers have a critical threat range of 20 instead of 19-20.

okay, my question for everybody is: images of exar xun,ulic qel-droma

do they have a standard lightsaber, or a belted relic of days gone by???? if its a standard, then you must look at 25,000 to 5000 years before the battle of yavin.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

As for ajunta paul, who seems to be one of the first sith lords to come to korriban, I think the exiled jedi had their lightsabers stripped of them. And thus were forced to use swords like ajunta pauls. Vibro blade technology introduced sometime afterwards yet long before KOTOR probaly boosted the popularity of swords.

to my knowledge, each had a normal saber which they built. Lightsaber building probaly become a more widely used skill among jedi, where as the first sith (this is a theory) probaly lacked theses skills, and thus used swords.

I not sure ur right, they may (or may not) have had their lightsabres taken away but they would have known how to build a new 1. It is one of the jedi trials, unless that was only intraduced more recently.

Well according to Timetales, Ajunta Pall dies and is buried on Korriban c. 24,500 BBY (before battle of Yavin in A New Hope) or about 20,000 years before KOTOR.

About 9,900 BBY, the first lightsabers are created. One of these will later come into the hands of Vima-Da-Boda, and from her to Leia Organa-Solo. The first lightsabers would later become known as archaic lightsabers. Using "frozen blaster" technology, these lightsabers required a separate power pack which was often worn on the back. Knowing that laser and blaster weapons could produce coherent bolts of light and energy, the ancient Jedi hoped to "freeze" the energy into a solid blade. These early lightsabers required tremendous amounts of power, which could only be provided by dedicated generators. Over the millennia, the Jedi Knights were able to miniaturized most of the components used in the construction of a lightsaber, most notably power sources, to create the simple weapon known to most beings of the modern era.

Timetales is a fairly accurate source of SW dates so using this information, it is safe to say that the Sword of Ajunta Pall was his primary weapon. Though it seems that the Sith could imbue their weapons with emotions and possibly dark side powers, "My sword...I filled it with my pride." There is a similar lightside power, used by Exar Kun's former master, called force imbue that allowed Jedi to make inantimate objects, like staves, impervious to lightsaber blades.

Well according to Timetales, Ajunta Pall dies and is buried on Korriban c. 24,500 BBY (before battle of Yavin in A New Hope)  or about 20,000 years before KOTOR. 

About 9,900 BBY, the first lightsabers are created.  One of these will later come into the hands of Vima-Da-Boda, and from her to Leia Organa-Solo.  The first lightsabers would later become known as archaic lightsabers.  Using "frozen blaster" technology, these lightsabers required a separate power pack which was often worn on the back.  Knowing that laser and blaster weapons could produce coherent bolts of light and energy, the ancient Jedi hoped to "freeze" the energy into a solid blade. These early lightsabers required tremendous amounts of power, which could only be provided by dedicated generators.  Over the millennia, the Jedi Knights were able to miniaturized most of the components used in the construction of a lightsaber, most notably power sources, to create the simple weapon known to most beings of the modern era.

Timetales is a fairly accurate source of SW dates so using this information, it is safe to say that the Sword of Ajunta Pall was his primary weapon.  Though it seems that the Sith could imbue their weapons with emotions and possibly dark side powers, "My sword...I filled it with my pride."  There is a similar lightside power, used by Exar Kun's former master, called force imbue that allowed Jedi to make inantimate objects, like staves, impervious to lightsaber blades.

Sounds interesting.

errrm............you do know lightsabers dont exist right? they may exist a few thousand years in the future if mankind still exists and has any need to make a lightsaber but then theres the power source...even if someone somewhere did manage to fit a sufficient power source inside the hilt it would only activate the lightsaber for a few seconds only ... but thats only IF lightsabers will ever exist....blasters will exist in another 50 years or so cos ppl are already working on them...but my original point being that lightsabers do not exist and probably never will.

errrm............you do know lightsabers dont exist right? they may exist a few thousand years in the future if mankind still exists and has any need to make a lightsaber but then theres the power source...even if someone somewhere did manage to fit a sufficient power source inside the hilt it would only activate the lightsaber for a few seconds only ...  but thats only IF lightsabers will ever exist....blasters will exist in another 50 years or so cos ppl are already working on them...but my original point being that lightsabers do not exist and probably never will.

Thats all well and good.....but we are talking about sw ;)

LOL :D

Anyhow, since Ajunta Pall used a sword, we can conjecture that lightsabers were invented some time between 4000 and 5000 years before the movies...?

In Exar Kun's time they must have been a relatively knew thing, which makes sense since he was the first to try a double-ended lightsaber.

LOL  :D

Anyhow, since Ajunta Pall used a sword, we can conjecture that lightsabers were invented some time between 4000 and 5000 years before the movies...?

In Exar Kun's time they must have been a relatively knew thing, which makes sense since he was the first to try a double-ended lightsaber.

depending on what you look at, marka ragnos also used a sword. It was sheathed into his sceptor of force theft.

within 5000 years bby for true lighsabers.

poj sourcebook says lightsabers originally designed for seiges.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

errrm............you do know lightsabers dont exist right? they may exist a few thousand years in the future if mankind still exists and has any need to make a lightsaber but then theres the power source...even if someone somewhere did manage to fit a sufficient power source inside the hilt it would only activate the lightsaber for a few seconds only ...  but thats only IF lightsabers will ever exist....blasters will exist in another 50 years or so cos ppl are already working on them...but my original point being that lightsabers do not exist and probably never will.

post-1139-1093637133.gif I thought they were real, what i am going to do now? post-1139-1093637262.gif I just glad that Santa is real, if i found out that he was made up i don't know what i would do with myself.

post-1139-1093637293.gif

The first Sith (probably with Ajunta Pall among them) never had Lightsabers because Lightsbers were invented after the Sith had been exiled from th