Triple Crown Solo - Madhmar Bridge is like the Duriel fight in Diablo 2

tl;dr: Avoid Madhmar Bridge if you're trying to get Triple Crown Solo.

So i'm on, er... I was on my third Triple Crown Solo attempt, and I just transitioned into Madhmar Bridge (the broken bridge that used to lead to Defiance Bay), and I spawned directly on top of a Xaurip Skirmisher. Even though I transitioned in scouting mode and had pretty good Stealth, because it was so close, it detected me immediately and stunlocked and killed me. Even if you had min/maxed stealth, if you didn't transition into Madhmar Bridge in scouting mode, it would detect you immediately and stunlock you to death if you didn't have enough armor or deflection.

That's stupid. This reminds me of the Duriel boss fight in Diablo 2, where he spawns at the entrance of the bos chamber. What made it worse back in the day was that he could start attacking before you finished loading if you didn't have a decent rig, and many Hardcore characters died to him with no chance of fighting back. In fact, my first ever Diablo 2 death was to Duriel; my sorceress died before I finished loading (fortunately, she wasn't a hardcore character). IIRC, Blizzard moved him back a little bit from the entrance so he wouldn't start wailing on you the second you transitioned, making the fight a lot fairer (though still pretty tough).

Please move the Xaurip a bit further away so it doesn't automatically aggro you.

• Like 1

tl;dr: Avoid Madhmar Bridge if you're trying to get Triple Crown Solo.

So i'm on, er... I was on my third Triple Crown Solo attempt, and I just transitioned into Madhmar Bridge (the broken bridge that used to lead to Defiance Bay), and I spawned directly on top of a Xaurip Skirmisher. Even though I transitioned in scouting mode and had pretty good Stealth, because it was so close, it detected me immediately and stunlocked and killed me. Even if you had min/maxed stealth, if you didn't transition into Madhmar Bridge in scouting mode, it would detect you immediately and stunlock you to death if you didn't have enough armor or deflection.

That's stupid. This reminds me of the Duriel boss fight in Diablo 2, where he spawns at the entrance of the bos chamber. What made it worse back in the day was that he could start attacking before you finished loading if you didn't have a decent rig, and many Hardcore characters died to him with no chance of fighting back. In fact, my first ever Diablo 2 death was to Duriel; my sorceress died before I finished loading (fortunately, she wasn't a hardcore character). IIRC, Blizzard moved him back a little bit from the entrance so he wouldn't start wailing on you the second you transitioned, making the fight a lot fairer (though still pretty tough).

Please move the Xaurip a bit further away so it doesn't automatically aggro you.

Yeah, that ended one of my earliest monk or fighter TCS attempts.  It was after that that I started making non-ToI games to test content.

• 5 months later...

You generally wouldn't play TCS without having played the game first, so you would know the skirmisher is there and prepare for him. 

There are a number of ways, even for a level 2 character. A wizard can open with Arcane Veil to dodge the first strike (or even just a graze), then Slicken or otherwise disable him first. A fighter with a fast weapon can just open with knock down and take it from there. 

If it was moved, almost every TCS player would just stealth around him. As it is you can already avoid 90% of the fights in the game - you can get to Act 2 with something like ten, fifteen kills. I think it's an interesting challenge.

At least it's a xaurip and not, you know, ACTUALLY DURIEL FROM DIABLO 2.

God, I hated that fight.

• Like 5

qKz5nVP.png

tumblr_ntb1sfqeVI1rxxgfbo3_400.png                                                         

I stream every Friday at 9pm EST: http://www.twitch.tv/ladaarehn  Currently streaming: KOTOR 2.

Pillars of Eternity homebrew tabletop thread: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84662-pillars-of-eternity-homebrew-wip/