[Suggestions] Greg Campbell's List 4 7 15

Greetings, all!

While Obsidian is stlll in the mood to heavily modify things via patches, I find this a good time to include suggestiosn for future Pillars of Eternity versions.

Note that I am generally enjoying what I've played so far and wish to make this game even more perfect!

Suggestions
1: Please allow us to manually name our saves!  Dragon Age: Origins did it.  Baldur's Gate did it.  Divinity: Original Sin did it.  Being able to name my saves tells me where I've been and lets me tell myself where to go next and what to do there.

2: For those who have completed the intro sequence, please add an option to allow skipping that.  (This may not apply on Trial of Iron mode.)  We'd simply get all the items of the introductory sequence, all the EXP, etc. and be placed at the northeast entrance to the Gilded Vale.

3: In the options menu, allow an adjustable number of autosave and quicksave slots (minimum 1, maximum 20).  Doing so lets people have quicksave and autosave rotations.  On the player side, this requires less effort than manually saving 'just in case,' especially with no manual save names.  Divinity: Original Sin does this.

4: For all descriptions (and I'm looking at you, Fire Godlike), have the tooltip show exactly what the ability does.  In the case of Fire Godlikes, what's the bonus to DR and the damage inflicted in melee when the Fire Godlike is below 50% Endurance?

5: May we get other battle music tracks?  Divinity: Original Sin includes a variety of battle tracks.  Maybe it's because I've only played as far as the first town that I keep hearing the same battle music.

6: I'd greatly like the ability to also access the level up screen via my character sheet, a la Baldur's Gate.  Make a LEVEL UP button on the character sheet UI.  Bam!  Problem solved!

7: In the options menu, add a toggle for whether the game should pause when it loses focus, like when someone alt-tabs out.  In other games, I often order my units to move then alt-tab to find something interesting on the Internet, then return to see it done.  I'm grateful that we can use Double Speed, and I'd like this option too.

Edited by Endarire

The intro sequence has dialogue necessary to establishing the backstory, that's why you play through it every time.

The dialogue in there effects dialogue later in the game, even mods probably wouldn't/shouldn't make it skippable

• Like 1

3: In the options menu, allow an adjustable number of autosave and quicksave slots (minimum 1, maximum 20).  Doing so lets people have quicksave and autosave rotations.  On the player side, this requires less effort than manually saving 'just in case,' especially with no manual save names.  Divinity: Original Sin does this.

Yes please.

4: For all descriptions (and I'm looking at you, Fire Godlike), have the tooltip show exactly what the ability does.  In the case of Fire Godlikes, what's the bonus to DR and the damage inflicted in melee when the Fire Godlike is below 50% Endurance?

Oh yes. I don't like these vague descriptions. Let's talk numbers here.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Maybe it's because I've only played as far as the first town

Maybe Greg Campbell can find a general feedback thread for his ideas or at least, you know, try to play the game a bit? As much as I think everyone should be able to give feedback, if we were all thinking we were Greg Campbell and create a new thread especially for ourselves after 1 hour of gameplay, these forums would become a bit of an unreadable mess. But that's just my humble opinion not being Greg Campbell...

• Like 1

Adding to the list:

8: Player-placed map markers!  Baldur's Gate II included this and I loved it!  It was so spiffy to be able to leave in-game notes for myself.  "Door locked."  "Come back at level 20."  Notes like that!

2: (Addendum)) In addition, if this is included, allow players to choose the personality point spread they want from the legal options, like 1 Aggressive, 2 Clever.

Edited by Endarire

Adding to the list:

8: Player-placed map markers!  Baldur's Gate II included this and I loved it!  It was so spiffy to be able to leave in-game notes for myself.  "Door locked."  "Come back at level 20."  Notes like that!

I miss this functionality too.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

You can run the game at maximum resolution but not in fullscreen. It will be a borderless window and when you alt-tab game continues to run. A workaround for sure, but it works.

Edited by Hety