There were many threads on this forum debating whether or not the EXP progression rate is just right or too fast. The basic problem is that if you want to be a completionist you'll likely hit the level cap well before the end of the game. The progression is optimized for players who don't do all of the optional content.

Why not add a new difficulty setting for EXP gain from quests? For hardcore players who want to do everything the EXP level can be set to a lower multiplier. This setting could at minimum award an achievement upon completion of the game. 

It also might be the case that the EXP reward from the bounty quests is too high, especially since these can also award unique loot.

There were many threads on this forum debating whether or not the EXP progression rate is just right or too fast. The basic problem is that if you want to be a completionist you'll likely hit the level cap well before the end of the game. The progression is optimized for players who don't do all of the optional content.

Why not add a new difficulty setting for EXP gain from quests? For hardcore players who want to do everything the EXP level can be set to a lower multiplier. This setting could at minimum award an achievement upon completion of the game. 

It also might be the case that the EXP reward from the bounty quests is too high, especially since these can also award unique loot.

I just hit Twin Elms recently, then left to go do more sidequests without really doing much. I'm 109 hours in, and level 9. Seems pretty solid to me, but then I haven't done the bounty quests yet, etc.