(Possible) Bug: Accurate Wounding Shot

fiddlesticks

Question

The description for the Accurate Wounding Shot talent states that it increases the accuracy of Wounding Shot by ten. However, judging by the combat log the modifier is only applied to the Hobbled status effect, not the actual attack itself. This might be intentional, but if so the description is somewhat misleading and the talent a lot less useful than it appears to be.

Also while I'm at it, what exactly does Marked Prey do? The description says it gives +20 damage, but that can't be right. Is it simply a 20% increase?

6 answers to this question

Hey fiddlesticks,

Accurate Wounding Shot should be adding to both the attack and hobbled effect. As of now it is only adding to the hobbled effect. I'm going to add this to our database and we will work on a fix for an upcoming update. 

As for the Marked Prey, it is increasing damage by +20%, might just be a text issue. I'm going to look into this as well.

Thanks for all the information

Hey fiddlesticks,

Accurate Wounding Shot should be adding to both the attack and hobbled effect. As of now it is only adding to the hobbled effect. I'm going to add this to our database and we will work on a fix for an upcoming update. 

As for the Marked Prey, it is increasing damage by +20%, might just be a text issue. I'm going to look into this as well.

Thanks for all the information

If you wouldn't mind checking the Chanter talent that gives AoE fire damage and the Barbarian's One Stands Alone as well, that would be great. Text on those is confusing as to how much damage is granted as well.

Also, Wounding Shot says that the DoT is Raw Damage, when it is in reality Piercing Damage (and is reduced by DR - making this ability quite bad).

Wounding Shot piggy backs on what ever type of damage your weapon is using. Only the DoT is Raw Damage (most Raw Damage will not show up in the combat log due to spam). I usually play with the Option enabled to show numbered health/endurance values. Helps me see how much my characters are taking from Raw Damage.

- Oh and if you are wondering about any of the other talents/abilities could you start another thread? So when people search they can find our discussion easier.