Death GodLike with goats head ! I think Elfs are good for Marksman and Humans for Fighters Barbarians etc , Death GodLike has really nice finisher racial , also Godlikes gets bonus to intelect that makes it very very attractive for wizard having max INT for max AOE radius is very important for a wizard 

Aumaua could be good choice because of +2 Might so you could max it and be Mighty Wizard with max damage possible 

Elves are the best race for Wizard because of Distant Advantage, which also works with spells. As for attributes, Might will affect the damage of your spells, Intelligence will affect the size of the AoE and their durations, and Dexterity will affect how quickly you'll cast them. The remaining stats are mostly useless, as the amount of extra protection they provide won't change the fact your Wizard will probably die in two hits.

As for spell picks, Chill Fog and Fan of Flames are often considered the best 1st-level spells.

I personally find Chill Fog to be less useful after its nerf (no longer foe-only). I find the Daze spell and Slicken to be excellent crowd control spells. Fan of Flames to be excellent for AoE damage. 

Wolken is spot on for the stats and race if you're looking for maximum effectiveness.

Wood Elf = best Wizard race hands down no question whatsoever. Moon Godlike is the only other consideration, really. But +5 accuracy on all spells beyond close range is just always useful while every other race is either much more situational or just completely negligible.

I build my wizard for my PotD run like this:

Mig 17

Con 7

Dex 17

Per 9

Int 19 with the + 1 from culture Old Vailia

Res 9

You could drop per/res more and bump might and dex further but I am weird about numbers and like the 17-7-17-9-19-9.

I personally find Chill Fog to be less useful after its nerf (no longer foe-only). I find the Daze spell and Slicken to be excellent crowd control spells. Fan of Flames to be excellent for AoE damage. 

Wolken is spot on for the stats and race if you're looking for maximum effectiveness.

Chill Fog is still amazing. The friendly fire zone is big enough assuming you have high int.

I never use the daze spell since Priest has Interdiction and Wizard has 2 dazing AoEs per encounter in Arcane Assault.

Edited by Odd Hermit
  • Like 1

Wood Elf = best Wizard race hands down no question whatsoever. Moon Godlike is the only other consideration, really. But +5 accuracy on all spells beyond close range is just always useful while every other race is either much more situational or just completely negligible.

I build my wizard for my PotD run like this:

Mig 17

Con 7

Dex 17

Per 9

Int 19 with the + 1 from culture Old Vailia

Res 9

You could drop per/res more and bump might and dex further but I am weird about numbers and like the 17-7-17-9-19-9.

Chill Fog is still amazing. The friendly fire zone is big enough assuming you have high int.

I never use the daze spell since Priest has Interdiction and Wizard has 2 dazing AoEs per encounter in Arcane Assault.

What about having enough attributes to be able to have choices during conversations? I noticed Resolve seems to be an import skill in a few of the side quests. I can see dropping Con on a Wizard to pump into the other attributes as a wizard is squishy. How much should Con drop by and how should the points be allocated? Should I worry about having Resolve when playing a Wizard? 

Don't min/max if you care about RP. resolve and even perception could be important. You don't need a "maximally optimal" build to make a viable wizard, or any class really. And the +5 to accuracy from the elf really doesn't amount to that much after the first few levels.

Having fun with your character is more important, and another 2 or 3 points in this stat or that won't kill you or keep you alive.

Don't min/max if you care about RP. resolve and even perception could be important. You don't need a "maximally optimal" build to make a viable wizard, or any class really. And the +5 to accuracy from the elf really doesn't amount to that much after the first few levels.

Having fun with your character is more important, and another 2 or 3 points in this stat or that won't kill you or keep you alive.

Yeah, I don't want to min/max. Though I am hesitant to lower any attributes under 10 which will result in a penalty. If I lower Con on my wizard but keep everything above 10 in my other attributes will that be fine? A wizard should be in the back as it is and not get targeted. I just want to make sure I have enough points in other areas to be able to have some dialogue choices. Does Con affect dialogue? 

Yeah, I don't want to min/max. Though I am hesitant to lower any attributes under 10 which will result in a penalty. If I lower Con on my wizard but keep everything above 10 in my other attributes will that be fine? A wizard should be in the back as it is and not get targeted. I just want to make sure I have enough points in other areas to be able to have some dialogue choices. Does Con affect dialogue? 

I personally don't like to go below 10 so I don't get negative modifiers. My con is on 10 and I was fine.

And no Con doesn't affect dialogue choices, only Int, Might, Perception and Resolve