Bugs and variances from strategy guide

I have been playing POE for several days now and have noticed a few shall I say discrepancies?

The Rolling Flame spell does not work.  Instead of going in the direction of the red path when you choose it the flame goes to the left or the right at almost 90 degrees from the path.  This I also noted with another spell that shows a red path but forgot to note it down.

Several of the conversation choices noted in the strategy guide do not appear in the game even if you have the requisite points indicated, e.g. Intellect 15.  This causes some of the encounters to end only in combat and not peacefully.  A prime example is the Missing Sentries task.  Irregardless of what dialogue choice you make Leyra ends up attacking you and you have to fight her and the knights.  The knights do not stop fighting you once you have killed her.  Per the strategy guide not only are the knights supposed to stop fighting so you can save a few of them combat is triggered but per guide

"[Resolve 13] Continue the conversation, offering the Clever answer

and asking her how long she’s been stuck here, waiting for orders. She
realizes she’s dead and fades from existence, freeing the enthralled
men without bloodshed."

I know that the guide was put together before the final version of the game was finished and that changes probably were made in the gameplay too late to put in the guide.  I just want to alert fellow players to both bugs still in the game and differences if they are following the guide.  If you know what to expect it is hard to get disapointed when things don't work out quite like the guide says they should.  Other than that it is a great game and a very good guide.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Another little bug that pops up sometimes:

In the Eosthasian temple in Gilded Vale the silver key that opens the door to level two does not always show up when scouting.  I have had two out of four parties find the key and the other two nothing shows up when scouting the room the key is in.

This will be my running log of bugs as I find them with the various parties I'm running.

Another little bug that pops up sometimes:

In the Eosthasian temple in Gilded Vale the silver key that opens the door to level two does not always show up when scouting.  I have had two out of four parties find the key and the other two nothing shows up when scouting the room the key is in.

This will be my running log of bugs as I find them with the various parties I'm running.

Are you certain all parties had the same max Mechanics skill level when reaching that room? The spot that key is in has an above average Mechanics requirement if I remember correctly.