Battle didn't end correctly (can't save, no revive)

errr

Question

I got to a fight in a manor in Heritage Hill, where at the end of the fight something strange happened...

First, Itumaak didn't revive (0 endurance, but 447/420 HP, which is strange).

Second, I couldn't save ("can't save in combat"), where on the other hand all the per-encounter spells were replenished and I couldn't cast any combat-only spell.

I wish I could upload the save file from just before the fight, but you got a pretty hard restriction on the file sizes. I mean, I couldn't even upload this 300K screenshot.

This screenshot shows the two conflicting "Combat only" and "Cannot save while in combat" messages.

Another thing, the output file contained A LOT of null-ref exceptions (I removed them). This exact exception also appeared almost endlessly in "cities: skylines" output file, which is strange.

2015_04_07_00001.jpg

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

4 answers to this question

Generally, when I've run into this behavior it is caused by an enemy that was part of the group that I had just fought, but too far away from where the combat actually took place to participate.  Wandering around (especially into "nooks" where sight-lines are limited) will probably find the source of the problem.  Once the missing monster is dead you'll be able to continue.

Don't think it was a "loose" enemy. I scouted the area several times.

Also, I later reloaded and finished the fight, and there was the same amount of enemies as the ones who were dead before.

Fairly certain the nullpointers is whats causing it so you should have left them in the file :).

The nullpointer seems to cause a cascade of effects (you can try resting to revive the character, but chances are you'll get stuck on the next area transition, and still won't be able to save.)

Fairly certain the nullpointers is whats causing it so you should have left them in the file :).

The nullpointer seems to cause a cascade of effects (you can try resting to revive the character, but chances are you'll get stuck on the next area transition, and still won't be able to save.)

It wasn't null-pointer but null-ref, and the exceptions where all exactly the same.

I was actually able to simply reload the save before the fight and then it worked fine.