Do typical helmets do anything in PoE?

I wish they helped protect from Crits-like the old IE games did.

Also, I really wish neckaces and cloaks did not take the same slot.... ;(

Fa real

I can't even think of a reason why it is that way. Can't be technical, since necklaces don't even show up on the character. Doubt it's balancing either, since most buffs don't stack anyway.

As for the helmets, I wish they had a second "under helmet" model for each hairstyle, since wearing hats suddenly makes my cool characters completely bald. Especially jarring on women. 

• Like 1

There are a lot of enchanted helmets/hats.

They must be in the later game then because I think I've only found one. Maybe two.

...most of the helmets are fugly, imo. And/or don't look anything like their in-game icon. :mellow: But I like the feather hats. I've found a few of the larger wide-brim feather hats, but sadly I've only found one tricone so far.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Lots of Helms with special abilities on them.  All of my Peeps have such (that can - two Godlike that cannot - bleh).

I like being able to tailor-make my character - so I like all the different "looks" one can make.

But I really, REALLY HATE the necklace/cloak thing!

Really, I could strangle.  Slowly, with ever-increasing pressure until the eyes literally bug out!  WORST MECHANIC EVAH!!!!

LOL speaking of the necklace/cloak/cape in the same slot, I have a problem with this and other games. Why can you only wear 2 rings? Dont seem right with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. And what about earrings?

Edited by tls5669

LOL speaking of the necklace/cloak/cape in the same slot, I have a problem with this and other games. Why can you only wear 2 rings? Dont seem right with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. And what about earrings?

Folks gon' OD on those magico items man. *Crimson cervical vertebrae voice*

*throws smoke bombs in the thread and vanishes into the dark corners of the forums*

I wish they helped protect from Crits-like the old IE games did.

Also, I really wish neckaces and cloaks did not take the same slot.... ;(

Fa real

I can't even think of a reason why it is that way. Can't be technical, since necklaces don't even show up on the character. 

Which is a point in favor of necklaces, since cloaks are pretty poorly done.  Reminds me heavily of Temple of Elemental Evil and the graphics animation capability of 12 years ago.

"Why can you only wear 2 rings? Dont seem right with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. And what about earrings?"

Too much magic intervering when worn on the same hands. yeah, it's mumbo bumbo jumbo bobbley **** but we are talking about magic here after all. That said, there are games that allow more than 2 rings. Even D&D had 'optional rules' that allowed more than one ring per hand. *shrug*

\That said, on this issue, cloak/necklaces sharing the same slot is just plain silly.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.