My Cypher gets the Blunderbus

My ranged Rogue gets the Arqebus.

I am not sure who to equip which weapon. Both Cypher and Rogue do well with the Guns. Which will benefit more? 

I was using a Fine Arbalest on Cypher and Fine War Bow on Rogue. 

Thoughts?

The Blunder's best for ciphers due to the 6 projectiles, each of which will generate Focus (as opposed to only a single shot from Arquebus). Draining Whip and Biting Whip are a must. Its weakness is low accuracy and low damage per pellet, which makes it an inferior damage dealer vs. well-armored opponents. Lead Spitter + Penetrating Shot can alleviate some of the DR malus though.

The Arq's best for burst damage dealers, i.e. perfect for rogues. It has the highest single strike damage and carries built-in armor penetration. Sneak attack + Blinding/Crippling Shot + Backstab + Two-handed weapon focus = instant death. Use a Fine or higher Arquebus with a +25% damage enchantment for gibfest. Weakness - LONG recovery and reload time, so make that first shot count. Later on take Shadowing Beyond and Quick switch for multiple Backstabs in hard fights.

Edited by Lord Vicious

Blunderbuss with penetrating shot against low-DR targets shreds through the opposition. It's insane.

Arquebus is more suited towards high DR targets that you need to have a high damage to punch through.

Quick question - where do we get a blunderbuss early in the game? Do we just rush to Defiance Bay and look for a vendor or can we just place a vendor in our stronghold that sells them?

Edited by Venatio
  • Like 1

first one you get is in stronghold i think somewhere between the entrance and the end of endless path 1 , atleast i got it there 3 times not sure where exactly tho but you should always have it after geting stronghold for urself and clearing first level of endless path 

Edit : tho thats just a simple blunderbuss without any enchants or anything and you can go str8 to defiance bay right  after the stronghold so it is not that helpfull

Edited by Exoduss

The Blunder's best for ciphers due to the 6 projectiles, each of which will generate Focus (as opposed to only a single shot from Arquebus). Draining Whip and Biting Whip are a must. Its weakness is low accuracy and low damage per pellet, which makes it an inferior damage dealer vs. well-armored opponents. Lead Spitter + Penetrating Shot can alleviate some of the DR malus though.

The Arq's best for burst damage dealers, i.e. perfect for rogues. It has the highest single strike damage and carries built-in armor penetration. Sneak attack + Blinding/Crippling Shot + Backstab + Two-handed weapon focus = instant death. Use a Fine or higher Arquebus with a +25% damage enchantment for gibfest. Weakness - LONG recovery and reload time, so make that first shot count. Later on take Shadowing Beyond and Quick switch for multiple Backstabs in hard fights.

Two-handed weapon focus affects ranged weapons? From what I read that is not the case...

• Like 1

you can also buy a blunderbus (fine) from one of the shops you can build in your keep.

also, anything that adds damage to attack as a skill, will add that to EACH projectile.

so, for example, envenomed strike.

the raw damage boost will stack for each hit you get.

and raw damage completely bypasses armor.

• Like 1