Xuarips weapon ineffective? and paralysis

For reference I'm playing on normal mode.

I've been fighting xuarips. First I keep seeing messages of 'weapon ineffective.' I assume xaurips or somewhat akin to goblins in that they're the ubiquitous early adventurer training monster.  However over and over my characters show the 'weapon ineffective' red text in the combat log. This is from a variety of weapon types. Slashing, piercing, bashing, etc. Can someone tell me why this is happening/have experienced the same thing? I didn't have this problem fighting shades which I assume are partially insubstantial.

Secondly, xaurips seem to be paralyzing my characters quite easily. I assume its a venom in their spear? Are they supposed to be that effective at beating my character's...constitution?

Huh, this sounds weird...

Can't remember any problems with these guys myself.

Can you see the combat calculations? (If you mouse over the attack and dmg roll in the chat window it should tell you what exactly is happening)

• Like 1

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

I've been fighting xuarips. First I keep seeing messages of 'weapon ineffective.' I assume xaurips or somewhat akin to goblins in that they're the ubiquitous early adventurer training monster.  However over and over my characters show the 'weapon ineffective' red text in the combat log. This is from a variety of weapon types. Slashing, piercing, bashing, etc. Can someone tell me why this is happening/have experienced the same thing? I didn't have this problem fighting shades which I assume are partially insubstantial.

Secondly, xaurips seem to be paralyzing my characters quite easily. I assume its a venom in their spear? Are they supposed to be that effective at beating my character's...constitution?

Xaurip Skirmishers will paralyze your char with every successful hit.

Xaurips should be one of those things you can kill with just about anything. What level, what chracters, what weapons? 

Xaurip Skirmishers will paralyze your char with every successful hit.

They do?

Huh never noticed, kinda just right clicked them and they died.

• Like 2

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

I'm not sure what happened. Reading the responses prompted me to load an older save and try again. I did not have one instance of weapon ineffective. I decided to try to turn on pause when a weapon was ineffective as I had it set previously(it was unset for the first retry with the older save). This time again I was receiving a lot of 'weapon ineffective' messages. Particularly 4-5 consecutively before any other combat messages were received.

In groups the are not bad. In solo path of the damned, they are stupid with the skirmishes with that auto paralyze. Just one of those things they rushed through and many people don't notice really in a full party. Wish I had a 100% stun auto attack. I have not had the ineffective weapon come up though, sorry :(

In groups the are not bad. In solo path of the damned, they are stupid with the skirmishes with that auto paralyze. Just one of those things they rushed through and many people don't notice really in a full party. Wish I had a 100% stun auto attack. I have not had the ineffective weapon come up though, sorry :(

Yea Phantoms have the same 100% stun auto attack.