i hope the sequel doesnt use unity 4

i dunno about unity 5, but 4 is a horrible engine, i have decent hardware, but in combat when using spells i get serious slowdown. that is present is most unity games i played like wasteland 2 and dreamfall chapters.

maybe it can use UE 4 since it is cheap now, and with the demo i have tried, it offer beautiful graphics with really awesome performance. the background will still use drawn 2D, but the characters and magical effect such as lightning, particles will look awesome using UE 4, or if unity 5 perform better than 4

• Like 1

i dunno about unity 5, but 4 is a horrible engine, i have decent hardware, but in combat when using spells i get serious slowdown. that is present is most unity games i played like wasteland 2 and dreamfall chapters.

maybe it can use UE 4 since it is cheap now, and with the demo i have tried, it offer beautiful graphics with really awesome performance. the background will still use drawn 2D, but the characters and magical effect such as lightning, particles will look awesome using UE 4, or if unity 5 perform better than 4

They're using Unity because it's a full development package in a way the Unreal isn't. It's very suitable for a small team.

What kind of video card do you have?

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Gtx 760 with i5 4670

Unitt seems tp always have trouble processing many objects on screen.

It is nothing super advanced or what, but it hold up quite great. I still can run metro last light without AA at full 60 FpS.

Obsidian spent a lot of time building their rendering tech and tools in Unity so they could use it in future games.  They will no doubt use it over in future games, including Inxile's Torment game.  The fact they have this engine already built will shave many months of development of the next release.

Well lets hope unity 5 is alot better than 4

It's not entirely down to Unity, it is also how developers use the engine.  PoE used a lot of bespoke rendering technology, it is likely not as optimized as it could be, but that right there is the vicious cycle of software development, it can never be fully done, can always be iterated upon.

Gtx 760 with i5 4670

Unitt seems tp always have trouble processing many objects on screen.

It is nothing super advanced or what, but it hold up quite great. I still can run metro last light without AA at full 60 FpS.

Strange, got i3 2100, 4GB ram and GTX 760 Mini, and I don't think I have noticed any framedrops for me. Win 7 pro 64 and 1680x1050 resolution.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

He worst is wheb i am fighting enemies in the shallows of ondra gift. Ithere was alot of enemies and my characters sre casting spell at once, it slowed to barely movig for a split second, the framegot back again. Do you use any counters? Because it may be quite missable in heat of battle

Yeah, might be some interaction with the game and your PC, because I've got a way worse PC than you and I don't have these framedrops in battles, I used to have them while playing BG and IWD though. Could be your PC is too good m8 ^^

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Yeah, might be some interaction with the game and your PC, because I've got a way worse PC than you and I don't have these framedrops in battles, I used to have them while playing BG and IWD though. Could be your PC is too good m8 ^^

Maybe he has something running in the background hogging system resources.

Maybe he has something running in the background hogging system resources.

my CPU usage is around 5% when idle. cant be that :/