Always read the spell info when choosing your powers, some of them have pitifully small range.

It took me a while to find out that you can hover your mouse over the combat result in your text window to get an exact breakdown of what is happening. If your accuracy is greater than their defence then on average you'll hit more often than you graze and even crit sometimes. If it's lower then you'll graze more than hit and even miss sometimes. Then there's the DR - if the monster has high DR to your attack type then even a hit may only do pitiful damage.

I've learned to be wary of mass 'charm' and 'confusion' style spells that turn the enemy green for a few seconds. It can lead your front line to engage other targets and the temporary friends can get behind the front line. A few seconds later they flip back and your line is now flanked and your weak characters exposed. I now stick to spells that inhibit the enemy without making them green.

Thanks for all the helpful replies. Most of you have indeed eased my worries about my perceived blemishes.

I particularly appreciated vetiver's comments. I will indeed take a long hard look in the mirror...Apart from being devilishly handsome, I've always wanted to be an ebarassment (as opposed to an embarrassment).

SO...MUCH...WIN! ;)

A IE-engine min-maxer eh? See for yourself what PoE RTwP battles are really about, it's interesting take on BG action (even more of a resource flow management lé semi-mmorpgs but with emphasis on time) BUT The current battle system is still rough on edges.

eg. if you cast a spell outside your range, your caster can run like RIGHT NEXT TO ENEMY and not do anything if **** hits the fan (the vegetable Baldur's gate fan perhaps? ;) ). It's better to manually move caster closer to target, then try again to cast spell. It means a LOTS of manual pausing, be prepared... You very often accidentally misclick your dude out of engagement and instadeaths, there's no doubleclicks or safeguard on this as of yet. Engagement arrows are too vague and unvisible. and so forth.

BUT I want to emphasis that I totally support the changes and vision developers have, there's a LOT of potential in every aspect of the game. Makes you wonder what the modded or polished PoE 2 can do? Holy ****... shut up and take my money.

Edited by IEfan
  • Like 1