[Bug] Character stuck in combat

Shinae

Question

I've gotten this bug several times now, so I decided to share it.

Description:

- Character sometimes get stuck during combat and cannot move.

- If companion is stuck and all enemies are killed, combat ends and I can save and load to fix the issue.

- If enemy is stuck and all other enemies are killed, combat doesn't end and I cannot save and load to fix the issue.

- In screenshot provided in dropbox file Edér is knocked down.

- I've had this happened with enemies as well. They get stuck in some sort of motion of knocking down or that archer skill they use in Raedric hold, where they somehow switch position.

Steps to reproduce this bug:

This is tough. I cannot reproduce it, but I have a feeling that some sort of confusion / mind control + knockdown seems to be issue. As seen in screenshot included in dropbox file, Edér is lying down on floor after spores "mindcontrolled" him and he ran down there and got knocked down somehow. He is normally frontline tank for me. I tried checking combat log, but I didn't have it in combat log since it happened mid fight and combat log was filled with other stuff. Next time it happens I try check the combat log if possible.

Files:

I have included screenshot and save game file and everything asked in Must read guide in zip form. Hopefully link works, I had to set up dropbox for this for the first time. Save game probably doesn't help much since loading fixes the issue in this case, since it was companion who got stuck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql7h22j20ymfqca/bug.zip?dl=0

(Note I am using IE mod to modify companion stats, but it has happened before IE mod, so I doubt it is the issue.) Not very common bug, so usually I can play without any issues. This has happened few times. In this patch and before patches.

11 answers to this question

Not sure if this is the same bug, but I was fighting two ogres underneath my keep, killed one of them, but my character couldn't attack the other one. I could still cast lay on hands and use potions on myself, just not attack, even though I was in engagement and it was beating the crap out of me.

Playing solo Pally with version 1.0.3.0524 if that matters.

Edit: Forgot to mention, not playing with any mods.

Edited by Ardan Reddy

Not sure if this is the same bug, but I was fighting two ogres underneath my keep, killed one of them, but my character couldn't attack the other one. I could still cast lay on hands and use potions on myself, just not attack, even though I was in engagement and it was beating the crap out of me.

Playing solo Pally with version 1.0.3.0524 if that matters.

Edit: Forgot to mention, not playing with any mods.

Yep same thing for me fighting the ogre boss under the keep. During combat my barbarian used a potion of power and that was his last act before becoming bugged / stuck in combat.

I had this same bug in the boss fight against Thaos. I have the most recent version, 1.0.3.0524. No mods.

I had this happen twice. The first time, Pallegina becomes totally unresponsive. She won't attack, won't drink potions, nothing. That time, I wasn't paying attention to her - I just left her to engage one of the headsmen. I take out the headsmen with my four remaining characters. Then, my main wizard guy suddenly becomes stuck also. I order him to launch a necrotic lance on Thaos. The next time I check up on him, he is stuck. At this point I reloaded to try the battle again.

On the second attempt, Pallegina becomes stuck after killing one of the headsmen. Afterwards, when only Thaos is left, my main wizard guy again gets stuck. This time I moved him closer to Thaos so he could cast Minoletta's Precisely Piercing Burst. Before my char had reached the intended waypoint, I decided I was close enough and I activated the sixth-level Minoletta spell. My char started twitching and flickering, as if he was still trying to reach the waypoint. Then he became totally inert. No problem - I was able to slay Thaos with Kana, Sagani and Durance. I'm glad this bug didn't manifest any more during the game, just at the end.

I'm quite sure you can replicate this bug during the final fight. So far the characters to become stuck were Pallegina and my main guy on both times.

Here's the link to the Save Game.

Im in the same boat with the adra dragon.  I killed it, and got stuck in combat.  I agreed to its quest and then killed its minions, and got stuck in combat.  I tried a different follower load out... and got suck in combat.  How the hell to i fix this.  Its like this whole cell is corrupted!  Is there a console comand to end combat?

same problem.  first Durance got stuck in final battle, then, when finally destroyed Theos, the only "person" who could move was my ranger's pet.  everyone else is stuck in combat, and it won't let me save.  are there any codes to unlock battle?

Only recently I encountered this bug. I am playing a wizard at the moment and doing the Nalrend bounty. Several times I had to reload because my wizard was just stuck and couldn't do anything. When all Ogres were dead combat wouldn't stop.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hello all,

Could you please upload the save file so I can take a look and try to reproduce the issue? 

Thanks!

Same bug for me. Stuck in the middle of combat, when  character is drinking a potion, precisely  right after ressurection I managed  character barb to drink hp  pot, I suppose it's something with overlaying animations maybe .

I killed all monsters but music combat and status doesn't end, one  characters is permanently stucked. Can not leave map, can not save, so  hard to provide files ...

my ver: gog 2.3, win 7

Edited by Gs11