Hi all :) i decided for my hard run to go with a cipher or a rogue, for my chiper the idea is of an adventurer with light or medium armor that can do well a lot of things.

I don't care of extreme min maxing, i like the RP part a lot, but i want to make an efficent character, that can hit hard in melee and do some pretty spellcasting. And i hate firearms (i only like the pistol but i'm not use it for my build).

For attribute i'm going to take: Might: 16 Dex: 20 Con: 8 Perception: 8 Int: 18 Resolve: 10 (high dex for recovery time of armor)

My race will be Wood Elf, for roleplay reason, and the +5 to accuracy will affect spellcasting too from far (or for warbow in build 2).

For talent choice i want to focus on doing big spikes of damage in melee and cast some damaging spell later:

Biting Whip, a weapon group focus (probably Pike's and Greatswords one), Two Handed Style, Vulnerable Attack, Draining Whip, Bloody Slaughter.

An alternative build use both ranged and melee weapon:

Biting Whip, adventurer weapon focus (estoc and warbow), two handed style, Vulnerable attack, Penetrating Shot, Draining Whip or Bloody Slaughter

The third build is a dual wield one:

Biting Whip, ruffian weapon focus (sabre and stiletto) or noble (rapier and dagger), two weapon style, Vulnerable attack, Draining Whip, Bloody Slaughter

Build 2 is more talent expensive to be efficent in melee and ranged, but is the concept i like the most.

For either build i'm going to take damage and buffing spell.

If someone can help me improve my builds i really appreciate that.

Ps: Going with a grieving mother only focused on CC with either a cipher or rogue damage oriented builds will ruin my run? (i mean if it become too easy)

Thank you all in advance and sorry for my bad english

Edited by helmino

You've posted a pretty good build already.

Wood elves are a good choice but remember they need to be at pretty long range for their ability to activate.

For a ranged cipher build would suggest maximizing might, int, and dex. Drop con and per down to minimums and put remaining points in resolve, mostly for dialogue options.

For talents take biting whip at level two just for the general boost to damage - you can only store so much focus at low level anyway. The other talents you want are ruffian weapon group (use a pistol till you find a blunderbuss;/you can get a decent pistol early by slapping an Accuracy 1/enchant on the Disappointer), draining whip (works very well with blunderbuss),/penetrating shot (needed at higher levels to keep the blunderbuss effective vs high Dr), gunner, maybe marksman.

With this build your melee options are probably sabers, clubs, or stilettos, but generally I've found melee ciphers too squishy. I don't like wearing armor heavier than padded.

There is a.major bug to be aware of: you won't get the added aoe radius bonus from into on cipher powers unless you right click on the power first to bring up its description, for some reason, though you generally only have to do it once per power per play session.

For powers, soul shock, whisper of treason, eyestrike, and mind wave are all good choices. Mental binding is must have.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Hard mode is generally pretty easy after you get past Defiance Bay. Short encounters are going to be laughable to two Ciphers, but longer boss fights might prove a touch more difficult. You get some cool Cipher conversations with the Grieving Mother, though!

• Like 1

Hard mode is generally pretty easy after you get past Defiance Bay. Short encounters are going to be laughable to two Ciphers, but longer boss fights might prove a touch more difficult. You get some cool Cipher conversations with the Grieving Mother, though!

so is not for cipher himself but is the game that become easier whatever you play you mean?