"Stacking" debuffs is broken

dirigible

Question

I figure someone else must have noticed this, but applying several overlapping debuffs breaks, quite often.

Apply a prone debuff to an enemy. Before that debuff expires, apply a petrify debuff to the same enemy.

Result: After prone wears off, the enemy will stand up and start attacking you, despite showing the petrify debuff as still active.

This also happens if you apply a prone debuff twice. Instead of the newer prone overriding the duration of the older prone, the enemy will simply stand up and start attacking again (despite being under the effect of the second prone).

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

I've specifically tried to replicate this, doing a prone while a prone is still active. Works fine, prone1 duration wears off, but target is still proned till second duration goes off.

Somewhat similar with prone + stun, while the target wasn't shown prone anymore (just graphical glitch) the target didn't do stuff till it was supposed to do.

What do you use to petrify a target?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This also happens with the paralyze status.

A cipher paralyzes a target, a wizard or druid or flighter makes that target go prone, when the prone wears off the target is no longer paralyzed, but it shows that the paralyze status is still in effect.

I hope Obsidian is aware of this bug and will fix it in the next patch.

Will try to get a saved game + repro steps for this one.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus