Anyone has experience with Stealth regarding solo? How high do I need to have it, granted I want to sneak past as many enemies as possible, ideally all of them ;) But seriously how high? I have 8 now + 2 items + 1 rest and when I wandered into Endless Path I managed to get to level 4 (almost got stuck there and could not get back!) but I was being detected there no matter what. Is there point beyond its not feasible to increase Stealth or are there Stealth checks I should be aware of?

---

edit:  Let me be more specific. Leveling to 9 atm

Stealth 8

Athletics 1

Lore 2

Mechanics 7

Survival 2

with 7 points left which I can get +1 Stealth/Mechanics or +2 Lore. At this point of the game with 3 levels left, Lore or Stealth? Passing through undetected is priority but IF I cant then damage is.

Edited by knownastherat

It's not only your level of stealth, also running speed helps a lot getting out of line of sight in time. I did my pazifism run with far lower stealth, but I didn't enter Caed Nua at all because there's not really a point in that. I was able to sneak the Skaen temple and Ogre Cave, but had to fight in Heritage Hills and the Cialag Ruins.

You can do the 3rd act peacefully with your stealth, if you don't do all four god quests: Hylea and Rymrgand are surely doable, Galawain maybe. Not sure if you can avoid the fight directly before the hole, everything else on the Burial Isle is already free to go for you.

In Sun in Shadow, I had to fight 2 times on the first level, the second level is easy to sneak (but the first of the Dragons is mandatory to fight i think). Not sure if you can sneak the first level at all, there are very narrow floors.

I realize stealth is on timer, hence dependent on moving speed, just was not sure if there is relation for example between level of stealth and level of enemy detection. While there is indeed no point to go to Endless Path, well maybe for a weapon, I found sneaking around using rogue mechanics and decoys quite fun and even challenging in general so I wanted to try it out. I did not do the Lighthouse, among other quests, for exp or item, but I just wanted to see if it could be done without kill.  

Alright, Lore 4 it is. I am hoarding spells and potions I will probably never use but .. who knows. Thanks

Edited by knownastherat

As noted in another thread, I think, its possible only with character with disengagement ability. That would be Rogue (I play) or perhaps Priest. When faced with situations like in lighthouse, scripted encounters,  the only way to beat it is to beat the script which was meant to engage player.

With Rogue, go in and let the script trigger. Summon something, I like Noble Creature for this purpose, and disengage (go invisible via Shadowing Beyond). Now, if you positioning and timing was appropriate you can go through the door, close them, and wait for the summon to die because as soon as it dies combat will usually (it did not work in the tower in Heritage Hill for example) end enabling stealth and the usual business.

So yes, the only way to beat such encounters is by exploiting AI/game mechanics. Though to me its not any different than casting Fire on weak to fire creatures. IIRC it took me to execute about the same time it took me to clear it on solo Wiz. Well, except top floor as that is brutal and after several hours of trying to figure it out with level 7 Wiz I left and came back at level 9.

Edited by knownastherat

So yes, the only way to beat such encounters is by exploiting AI/game mechanics. Though to me its not any different than casting Fire on weak to fire creatures. IIRC it took me to execute about the same time it took me to clear it on solo Wiz. Well, except top floor as that is brutal and after several hours of trying to figure it out with level 7 Wiz I left and came back at level 9.

The top floor battle is optional. You can talk a certain NPC into visiting the lighthouse after you have explored its entirety. The NPC removes the banshee and completes the quest, skipping the top floor fight.

Ok, new tactic for caed nua hall as of 1.05:

Wizard:

level 4:

Base deflection 10 + 3*3(level) + 12 (fine small shield) +5 (hatchet) + 75 (hardened veil) + 40 (wizard's double - lasts 1 hit but doesn't matter if you don't get hit) = 149. This assumes an average sum of Per/Res (20 total).

Phantom accuracy (PotD) = 61 + 100 (roll) - 15 (chance to miss) = 146. Sorry buddy.

30 sec of invulnerability at 20 INT. You know what to do.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 2

Wizards deserve to be awesome. Autoattack peasants  should kneel before wizard masterrace (please don't nerf it back until 1.06, I want to finish the run :p).

Really though, It mostly matters for solo which is played by like 1% probably.

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

How come? "Untouchable" is untouchable solo or not.

What strikes me that there are threads with sophisticated debates about balance, in which I do not really participate in as its not much of my concern, yet patch comes out with this. So either those who patch don't read those threads or there is no balance in them.

Personally, it does not bother me. Wiz was strong before and more so now. But .. when I get chance at cheap shot, cant resist sometimes.

Edited by knownastherat

So I've done Wizard, Barbarian, Rogue and Cipher. Failed as Ranger and rogue-ranger :p

I feel like giving Chanter a try. I was wondering what summons did you choose?

Phantom, wurms, drake. I like drake for the fear aura, but the ice spell is actualyl my fav top level spell because if you do dragons x 3 then cast ice spikes pretty much nothing will be able to

Mind you share full build? What songs did you use in what order, what spells did you choose, what summons, what talents etc.

I am especially highly interesed in your Songs.

TY!

I found this guy who claims to have done it with this build. I'm a bit leery on the stat build.

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/32nuyv/the_complete_guide_to_triple_crown_solo_as_a/

How come? "Untouchable" is untouchable solo or not.

What strikes me that there are threads with sophisticated debates about balance, in which I do not really participate in as its not much of my concern, yet patch comes out with this. So either those who patch don't read those threads or there is no balance in them.

Personally, it does not bother me. Wiz was strong before and more so now. But .. when I get chance at cheap shot, cant resist sometimes.

Actually it looks like they listen to the vocal majority. There were quite a few outcries about wizards being underpowered or ciphers needing to start with zero focus. The voice of majority is quite often misleading though.

Wizard Double, for example, was weak. Adding secondary effect on dispel/cast was suggested. As you noted, together with buff to Veil its kind of ridiculous now. Level 4 deflection 149? This seems to trivialize encounters. Before some equilibristic was needed to win the battle in question or avoid it.  You told me about Veil and my first Wiz was without it lol Even than you said something like .. I just walk up there. Wiz has on every relevant level deflection buff among other defensive buffs. That seems sufficient for party play. Then again, perhaps being untouchable is indeed intent, in which case, what to say.

Edited by knownastherat

Wizard Double, for example, was weak. Adding secondary effect on dispel/cast was suggested. As you noted, together with buff to Veil its kind of ridiculous now. Level 4 deflection 149? This seems to trivialize encounters. Before some equilibristic was needed to win the battle in question or avoid it.  You told me about Veil and my first Wiz was without it lol Even than you said something like .. I just walk up there. Wiz has on every relevant level deflection buff among other defensive buffs. That seems sufficient for party play. Then again, perhaps being untouchable is indeed intent, in which case, what to say.

Yeah, it was trash before. But now wizards get too much deflection too fast. I feel like giving some progression to the veil instead of making it +75 @ level 4 would be a better idea. Anyway as I said it matters for solo mostly. The majority of the players won't notice it. I don't see it more OP than breaking engagements with shadowing beyond though. But wizard is more capable than rogue to begin with for solo due to vancian caster nova (and realistically should remain this way as otherwise his per rest restrictions would be crippling for no reason)

Does Wizards Double and Arcane veil stack ? +115 deflection it is ? 

All different source buffs stack. And veil counts as a talent rather than spell so it stacks even with the same source. So say veil (+75, talent) + 40 (wizard's double, unique effect) + displaced image (+25, spell) + safeguard (+20, when/if it activates) = 160. This is like a total deflection that a mix/maxed paladin gets by level 12, through buffs only. Some parts of it are short lived, but overall pretty impressive.

Edited by MadDemiurg

I found this guy who claims to have done it with this build. I'm a bit leery on the stat build.

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/32nuyv/the_complete_guide_to_triple_crown_solo_as_a/

Basically playing the way many other builds play. turn on the IE Mod option "Fixes Move Recovery Rate", and with the high movement speed, kite and snipe. Run until mobs de-agro, or until the AI bugs. then fight in small numbers. Also buys him enough time to use invocations for summons. Melee mobs should never touch him. 

I don't understand why he's taking Ancient Memory. Such a bad talent. 

If I was playing, I would change the stat distribution. I'm surprised he's not recommending the +fort +will chant. I think that would be essential. Maybe the Rime and Frost song?

Edited by Kanasuke

Another option for the Phantoms in the Stronhold Throne room of Caed Nua: Kite them as a Chanter.  I did this earlier today by running around the room with the frost feet chant and high mechanics.  I was level 5 and only hit once by a porting shadow.  Just pause a lot and plan your steps carefully.  When you round the rubble pile you'll drop a trap they will certainly trip over.  It takes awhile but you will eventually get them all, no scrolls needed.

Moonlike Chanter with dump con/dex, max might/int/per, near max res.  If I could redo stats I'd pump Might to the hilt and probably trade a little int for topping off res.  I have a long way to go, but it is working well so far.  The min con is survivable as a Moonlike.

Yep, good one.

Also, priest summon + withdraw blocking is quite obvious, but leaving it here since I don't remember it posted. Parking in a corner with repulsion glyph works too, but it's a bit less safe and gives you somewhat less time compared to withdraw. Still should be enough to scroll everyone though. Aiming FoF so you don't hit the summon is not fun for me, this allows to avoid it.

Edited by MadDemiurg

Ok, new tactic for caed nua hall as of 1.05:

Wizard:

level 4:

Base deflection 10 + 3*3(level) + 12 (fine small shield) +5 (hatchet) + 75 (hardened veil) + 40 (wizard's double - lasts 1 hit but doesn't matter if you don't get hit) = 149. This assumes an average sum of Per/Res (20 total).

Phantom accuracy (PotD) = 61 + 100 (roll) - 15 (chance to miss) = 146. Sorry buddy.

30 sec of invulnerability at 20 INT. You know what to do.

If you can remember, would you mind sharing where you found the fine small shield? I don't remember ever finding one anywhere in act 1!

Yep, you can enchant one at level 4. You can also get a guaranteed +5 deflection ring for free if you kill that pair that killed a guy in the bear cave.

You don't need to kill them for the ring though.

Yep, you can enchant one at level 4. You can also get a guaranteed +5 deflection ring for free if you kill that pair that killed a guy in the bear cave.

You don't need to kill them for the ring though.

Good to know. I've always killed them for loot :D.

I always kill them too except for one time where I wanted to find out what the other options do, there is one where you don't take the money they offer, I think the option is tagged as benevolent and they give you the ring anyway.