For any interested Im now going for the sky dragon, will post my strategy and results in a bit assuming i dont run into much trouble, looking at its stats it seems much better than the adra dragon.

33tsbdc.jpg

Wow. That wasnt even close to the adra draon in difficulty, i didnt even need to prepare than much. Needed some healing but the dragon chant gt him low and I finished him with the ice invocation. The ice invocation destroys mobs with big hitboxes as they get hit by at least a couple of them and each hits for a good 20 or so. I mean its a great way to add some burst to an already high dps class. Chanters are really so strong at level 3 chants and invocations....

The fact it couldnt 1 shot me opened up so much more room for mistakes. As it was i used 3 paralyse scrolls, 1 hit it for 8 secs which let me apply two critical dragon chants (16 seconds i thing for a total dmg of 100 damage each) and combined with the ice shards it just dropped so fast. 

Im a little confused tbh i really wish i could see how much each DOT hits for because it dropped TOO fast. Like i has 490 endurance and aside from a few autoattacks all i really hit it with was those two dragon chants and 40 damage from the ice shard.....

Could it be that chant damage IS affected by might and scion of flame despite being labelled as fixed. Is there any way to PM a dev? i really want an answer to this question. I mean the combat log says its fixed but im not sure how the dragon dropped so fast if thats the case

Edited by Ceranai
  • Like 1

My game keeps crashing when i try to fight thaos :/ Yea i shred him with a few chants and he doesnt hit me for anything as long as i dodge his aoe thing holy fire whatever its called. But my game keeps crashing ffs]

***s sake this game....

So it crashed twice and now it wont even load properly

Edited by Ceranai

So Thanos taken down. I had some kind of bug that made only one statue follow me and none of them even tried to chase me which let me go out of range so i could have used a cheesy spamming of summons tactic but it wasnt really needed.

The only risk was if i was both knocked down and he used pillar of holy fire and that was when i needd to pop my heals. but really that was the onyl spell that hit me for anything even remotely scary. The statues did 9-20 crush damage when they hit and they missed a fair amount. What helped was that when i got a chance i would run around the outside building up charges then that let me blast out ice shards and apply a stack of dragons when I ran in. Im not sure how i feel about this fight. I didnt really cheese it but I feel like a bug made it easier for me, though the bug happened in both save games so maybe its working as intended???

2d8gqk4.jpg

• Like 1

Also just to add this was my first complete playthrough XD, i didnt even finish my non trial of iron save (beat thaos, didnt click the machine)

So if you look at my steam you see I got like all the achievements at the exact same time:

1076q0j.jpg

Looooool.

So yea nice playthrough, chanters are OP I crown myself the triple king of cheese and if anyone wants me to share some of the more cheesy things I did PM me or add me on steam so that the devs wont patch them ;)

I think the single biggest problem I ran into was adragans and the adra dragon pretty much everything else was a breeze once I had figured out the mechanics, the adra dragon and adragans were the only things that punished one small mistake with death so when fighting them I had to be perfect which took lots of practice and theorycrafting beforehand.

Whats quite funny is that despite getting the triple crown solo i didnt get the no knockout achievement, the two usually being mutually exclusive but because a couple of times i died but my summon won the fight i did technically get knocked out XD

Edited by Ceranai
  • Like 2

Great effort Ceranai. I'm thinking when I get around to doing triple crown solo, Chanter will be the class I choose as well. It's definitely my favorite class so far.

Right now, I'm waiting for a couple more patches before I play any further. Stuff keeps breaking/getting changed too much with the last couple of patches, and I've only got so much patience for playing over the same content so many times ;)

Great effort Ceranai. I'm thinking when I get around to doing triple crown solo, Chanter will be the class I choose as well. It's definitely my favorite class so far.

Right now, I'm waiting for a couple more patches before I play any further. Stuff keeps breaking/getting changed too much with the last couple of patches, and I've only got so much patience for playing over the same content so many times ;)

Yea well now ive done it im never playing trial of iron again. There are too many save or die situations that i had to spend ages figuring out my way around and tbh having two save games running made it twice as tedious. Like, i like a challenge but a lot of them you just had to whip out figurines to absorb the petrify/paralyse and burst down fast enough. Also the adra dragon was in no way worth killing, i mean maybe in a group it wouldnt be such a game over situation.

Edited by Ceranai

Probably posted several times elsewhere but not here

The Old Watcher, final fight Maerwald

---

tH9yXj.jpg

---

While there are several ways of doing this, what works for me is following:

Note: don't quick save after dialogue, can get bugged

After dialogue, run out of the room and when no LoS cast fleet feet. There is some time to cast something else but .. run to entrance of south west room to aggro beetles. Run back and ideally both beetles and boss will follow. The timing is such that they meet half way. Kite it out and park it somewhere safe to have visual on the battle, say barrels by the stairs. Now its matter of luck so observe and act if one side is about to win as that side will aggro.

2-3 reloads max, first try possible.

---

edit: its possible to enchant Whispers of Yenwood to Fine right after looting it. should have mats and cash if explored before thoroughly.

Edited by knownastherat

Great thread, I loved Ceranai's blow-by-blow of the Adra dragon battle. I'm just finishing a Hard mode regular game with a party of 6, after this I'm switching to solo PoTD.

My version of the game came from Gog so sadly I don't have anything to track achievements :(

Great thread, I loved Ceranai's blow-by-blow of the Adra dragon battle. I'm just finishing a Hard mode regular game with a party of 6, after this I'm switching to solo PoTD.

My version of the game came from Gog so sadly I don't have anything to track achievements :(

Thanks, would have posted a video but it would have been the longest most boring video out there.

I think it would have been better if I had tried to get more wall of fires and come back later as theta casually did the bulk of the damage, the worms just finishing him of reeeeeeaaaaalllllllyyyyy slowly. I reckon with 15 scrolls of fire you could kill him every time

Which weapon focus talent, if any, would be best for solo play? Or another way of phrasing this would be: are there particular weapons I should be aiming for?

Adventurer for Gaun's Share? Knight for Edge of Reason? 

Draining weapons are very overrated IMO, there are lots of ways to keep your endurance up and draining is probably the least effective unless you are doing a LOT of melee dps. Especially for more spell based classes its just not a priority. Like any fights where i knew i would need healing I just gave myself some health pots rather than change weapons to one of my draining weapons (i had all three i just only ever used them briefly to try them out)

TBH I just picked up a hatchet for the deflection bonus and used it for the whole game, enchanting it up when i had the mats.

I changed by shield twice i think from ohld wall to some big one i found in endless pahts to one small one in the adra dragon treasury that had the herald and superb enchantments. for gear i had a standard plate armor-> sanguine plate-> the lore giving plate the vampire in endless paths drops-> the HP regen plate that raedric drops when you kill him the second time.

As far as items go I just mixed and matched to get the highest stats, had the consecrated grounds spellholding boots shod in faith, gloves with 3 minor heal on them and the amulet you get from endless paths level 14.

Edited by Ceranai

How to get stronghold at level 3 with 3 Mig and 3 Con?

---

Don't fight them.

Sneak past to active dialogue with throne servant. When dialogue ends use figurine to summon decoy.  Run back to entrance and wait for out of combat. Sneak .. The rest is the usual as described in this thread already.

GbEYj3.jpg

QQ Maerwald beetles too strong :p

9yiDID.jpg

Edited by knownastherat

Yea well now ive done it im never playing trial of iron again. There are too many save or die situations that i had to spend ages figuring out my way around and tbh having two save games running made it twice as tedious. Like, i like a challenge but a lot of them you just had to whip out figurines to absorb the petrify/paralyse and burst down fast enough. Also the adra dragon was in no way worth killing, i mean maybe in a group it wouldnt be such a game over situation.

Couldn't agree more. I've just finished my first non-iron PotD solo, after a few frustated (or frustrating?) runs. There are way too many random things. Just to name a few:

- Lost a level 9 TCS character to a trap while trying to run to a better place to fight. I mean, I just died to it, it was a poisonous cloud trap that in now way could do enough damage to kill me.

- There are too enemies that can perma-something you. Forest lurker can perma-stuck you and if you don't have a long range weapon or a large weapon, you can do anything but hope they'll miss a hit. Same goes for Spiders (can't remember the name, but the first ones you come across in the game), they can perma-stuck you and they have a really high attack speed. I had to reload many times because of that, they were in no way close to killing me but I just couldn't move so after a few minutes of just watching my guy say "can't move" I just end up reloading my game.

- Petrified is just ridiculous. Probably the most OP thing in the game. You can kill the adra dragon with one jolting touch while he's petrified (I did). There are several enemies who can petrified you (some even do for 20+ seconds!!)

- There are some fights where you just need some luck. Fighting a pack of adragans it's just a matter of luck. Yep, petrified again. Say you get petrified for like 5 seconds, if you get petrified again while being petrified... can goes up to 20 seconds. No need to say what could happen then :p

Same goes for Spiders (can't remember the name, but the first ones you come across in the game), they can perma-stuck you and they have a really high attack speed. I had to reload many times because of that, they were in no way close to killing me but I just couldn't move so after a few minutes of just watching my guy say "can't move" I just end up reloading my game.

Switch to ranged next time, cant move but can shoot.

Because of the said luck I do not believe in TCS

Edited by knownastherat

Same goes for Spiders (can't remember the name, but the first ones you come across in the game), they can perma-stuck you and they have a really high attack speed. I had to reload many times because of that, they were in no way close to killing me but I just couldn't move so after a few minutes of just watching my guy say "can't move" I just end up reloading my game.

Switch to ranged next time, cant move but can shoot.

Because of the said luck I do not believe in TCS

It's really quite possible to do every fight reliably, it's just a matter of planning

So I've done Wizard, Barbarian, Rogue and Cipher. Failed as Ranger and rogue-ranger :p

I feel like giving Chanter a try. I was wondering what summons did you choose?

Phantom, wurms, drake. I like drake for the fear aura, but the ice spell is actualyl my fav top level spell because if you do dragons x 3 then cast ice spikes pretty much nothing will be able to

So I've done Wizard, Barbarian, Rogue and Cipher. Failed as Ranger and rogue-ranger :p

Phantom, wurms, drake. I like drake for the fear aura, but the ice spell is actualyl my fav top level spell because if you do dragons x 3 then cast ice spikes pretty much nothing will be able to

Mind you share full build? What songs did you use in what order, what spells did you choose, what summons, what talents etc.

I am especially highly interesed in your Songs.

TY!

Ok, so I've just managed to complete my TCS :D

And an useful tip: in the level right before Thaos, you fight two packs formed by a shadow-zombies and one dragon. The second pack, you don't really need to fight it. By the time you get there you probably are in no risk of dying at all, but as it happens on PotD solo, you're always short on accuracy so I may take a while to take the dragon down. I realised that once you hit the soul-thing near the door and things start flying around, you can just go to the door and leave.

How do people deal with petrify/paralyze in TCS? Do you simply reload over and over until the enemy decides to cast something else or abuse scrolls to disable the spellcasters?

I only finished an ironman Monk on hard, but I could avoid most of the delemgan types (or hit them early), distract with figurines, etc. - same with crystal spiders. Paralyse isn't as big a deal even if you get hit by it. I did invest in a lot of gear and talents for Will saves, Prone/Stuck bonuses, etc. 

I imagine it's not as straightforward on POTD.

How do people deal with petrify/paralyze in TCS? Do you simply reload over and over until the enemy decides to cast something else or abuse scrolls to disable the spellcasters?

I only finished an ironman Monk on hard, but I could avoid most of the delemgan types (or hit them early), distract with figurines, etc. - same with crystal spiders. Paralyse isn't as big a deal even if you get hit by it. I did invest in a lot of gear and talents for Will saves, Prone/Stuck bonuses, etc. 

I imagine it's not as straightforward on POTD.

Not really much different. However, they do have higher stats, so you're less likely to interrumpt their spells cast. I've lost a TCS run once I got hit by a 260 pierce damage crit (dayumm) right after being petrified by a crystal spider for 1.6 seconds (or something, I remember it was very little time). It's a matter of choosing your battles wisely. On my TCS I totally avoided battles that included any monster that could petrify me (meaning, I ignored most of the Endless Paths).

If you're fightning a pack of monsters with someone that can potentially petrified you, just make sure you path-block them. And if it is an open area involving, lets say, adragans+xaurips (I'm talking to you adra dragon!) well, that's the kinda battle I would just skip.

If you know which fights are going to cast petrify you can make your first action to be using a figurine, mobs will often target these rater than you. You basically ahve to plan each fight with pertify ahead of time,if in doubt split pulling is always a go t strategy/

Mind you share full build? What songs did you use in what order, what spells did you choose, what summons, what talents etc.

I am especially highly interesed in your Songs.

TY!

For songs i sung the movement speed song mst of the time, in a fight pre level 9 i would open with it for 3/4/5 chants kiting as i went, get summons up and hide behind them, w=ten switch to whatever chant i felt most approptiate and attack from range. Some slow battles but mostly ok. level 9 was gamechanging as the dragon chant combinded with my insane tankyness meant i could just run into fihts and aoe everyone