That is called roleplaying. My role is to get stuff as cheap as possible :p

the fight on the bridge is pretty insane... how on earth can i beat them

Without reload? I would not know. Tougher fights take me usually couple of tires before I figure it out. Another role .. figuring it out.

Without reload? I would not know. Tougher fights take me usually couple of tires before I figure it out. Another role .. figuring it out.

i can reliably pull two on their own but not the rest, the rest all agro together

i can reliably pull two on their own but not the rest, the rest all agro together

That ****ing monk gets unlimited punch stuns what a bloody cheat. Certainly makes me feel less bad about abusing doorways when i come across fights like this...

im thinking this is impossible for my chanter atm.... the sanguine plate guy even when i get him on his own outheals everything i throw at him, even with my wurms all up they hit him for about 5 dmg and he heals it by the time they fire again

Edited by Ceranai

No, I ran a Kind Wayfarer because I originally thought I was going to be able to use the endurance heal on killing blow to sustain myself (little did I know how much trouble I was going to have just hitting things) and ended up just building the character to try to scrape by the Great Hall phantoms.  I could probably come up with a more optimal build now looking back, but it's torture playing that class by itself.  The most exciting thing about it was reading the phantoms' stun accuracy versus my (IIRC) 122 defense against it.  Act 2 opens things up quite a bit, but not enough for my liking.

Goldpact with 18+ Might, and Enduring Flame can one shot a large number of enemies in Act I with a Fine Arbalest (Which is available as early as the graveyard if you are lucky, or the Blacksmith after you do his quest for a chunk of money).

It makes you the king of one trick ponies, but is absolutely annihilates Shadows and Phantoms.

Im starting to wonder if dumping my intel was the best idea, early game it didnt matter but now my frost traps are really quite small and dont last as long as they could, and given my 'technique' for most fights is running around in circles casting frost the extra size would really help imo, whats the range on the fire chant? does anyone know, as long as it hits people in a decent range it should but im a little worried now :p

Restarted once again, due to bugged main quest but change my build and possibly philosophy too. More hitting less waving.

Level 3 Valewood

hpgaMG.jpg

gxt4sX.jpg

Dex bit down and max Con. For 71 and I can tell the difference already. For example, wolves cannot lock me no more, I like to believe ;)  Remember the canyon when arriving at Valewood for the first time? Its canyon of death, at least for the wolves. With Fast Runner I was just in time to get there then Ray of Fire through the line.

Changed starting spells too. Spirit Shield, Fleet Feet (used to kite wolves to Ludrana for Grimoire or trolls to bandits, still little risky), Aim and yes Parasitic Staff which may become obsolete but as of now hits hard and regenerates.  

Gonna skip bears, hit level 4 for Stealth 5 Mechanic 3 and to the keep. Want to see if that increased Con will do anything at all there.

Triple crown progress today, after a looooooong dungeon crawl I killed the Adra Animat. Trick here is that as long as you keep your wurms between you and whatever you are fighting you can survive any fight. Things to watch for-

Traps- they one shot you

The spore things are annoying as hell, one trick i found is if you have a charm spell if you charm one of them then it will attack the other, then the other will be charmed and will attack the one that just attacked it and so on and so on. The timing for this is all luck but I got a good 20 seconds of them attacking each other and I could focus them down. This dungeon has nice narrow corridors so blocking the way with wurms is relatively easy. The Adra animat will try to targer you so keep speed boost up and if he so much as looks your way run away and he will retarget your wurms. That guy hits like a truck so you do not want to let him reach you:

k51kbo.jpg

The other important thing to note here is to always know if the mobs you are fighting have health regen or not. Trolls you need to be mroe aggressive with but anything without health regen can be ground down over time. Wurms hit for very little damage but i would rather reliably take down mobs that cross my fingers for good rolls. 

Edited by Ceranai

Looks like you are having fun, grats!

---

So the bears .. just wanted to see it I can do it reliably.

zRIctf.jpg

More like triple reload than triple crown. The cubs can be dealt with 1on1 no problem but papa bear can two shot me and I don't have enough dps to finish the fight quickly enough.

Looks like you are having fun, grats!

---

So the bears .. just wanted to see it I can do it reliably.

zRIctf.jpg

More like triple reload than triple crown. The cubs can be dealt with 1on1 no problem but papa bear can two shot me and I don't have enough dps to finish the fight quickly enough.

Come back when you have the figurine=100x easier.

Ive managed to block off that area of the map with dragons by takin the bounty quests, i read that the chief one was relatively easy, whoever said that was having a laugh lol, f***ing dragons lol.

I need some way to level up, i dont think i can solo heritage hill, too many swarms of enemies and im not sure i can split pull them, at least on my practice save I havnt been able to do so reliably

Edited by Ceranai

"the fight on the bridge is pretty insane... how on earth can i beat them" (I didn't want to quote the complete message for a better visibility)

>> I used a trick with my paladin using the small wood scarabs :

Summon them at the very begining of the fight, make them tank, then run away with your character.

At this point, only 2 guys followed me. I killed them, then walked slowly until I find the rest of the pack. Pulled a first part of the pack (the Melee ones on me), then summoned the shades directly on the ranged guys (Mages). The shades killed fast the mages, then came to my help right after :)

"the fight on the bridge is pretty insane... how on earth can i beat them" (I didn't want to quote the complete message for a better visibility)

>> I used a trick with my paladin using the small wood scarabs :

Summon them at the very begining of the fight, make them tank, then run away with your character.

At this point, only 2 guys followed me. I killed them, then walked slowly until I find the rest of the pack. Pulled a first part of the pack (the Melee ones on me), then summoned the shades directly on the ranged guys (Mages). The shades killed fast the mages, then came to my help right after :)

This is similar to what i have managed, the problem being that even when i get the sanguine plate guy totally alone I cant dps him enough to actually kill him. I might try with frost traps running in circles, he is by far the most annoying fight ive had so far because I was trying to kill him for a solid 5 minutes before I realised I couldnt out dps his heal.

Also just to add i am really relucant to try this on my triple crown save because half the time they pull me in and i die in seconds.

Also their monk seems to have an unlimited supple of stun punches. f*** the monk too, like im tempted to post a bug report because he literally casts stun punch on a loop, that cant be working as intended

Edited by Ceranai

Yeah i see what you mean. Actually, I didn't try this fight before my level 7.

You should probably wait a bit if you wanna make sure you don't die, maybe level 8 or 9 should be safer.

Ive figured out how to avoid the pull, you open with beetles and you should cast in time to block the pull, then you run away. im thinking im gonna try it with various scrolls

Ok so i spent a while trying to figure out how to do it and with the right items its actually not that bad a fight. Problem is when i loaded up my trial of iron save for it the fight had bugged and none of them moved or attacked me.... what a waste of time I could have just autoattacked them to death anyway. Anyway for those reading who arent so lucky as to have the fight bug out for them the trick is jolting shock a level two scroll, i killed the tank guy in two hits using it. In my practice runs I opened with beetles, split pulled whoever followed after the beetles were dead, the mages you jsut wanns avoid their spells so run speed (i almost always chant speed tbh) I laid a trap behind me which helped, and save 4 jolting shocks for the guy in sanguine armor, kills him pretty much every them unless you have the worst luck. 

It as a little disappointing after planning the fight for so long for it to be made so easy by such a big bug XD.

First try :)

RwoJbW.jpg

This is my spot. I tried the other, like in the guide for triple crown, and it did not work for me. In this corner first to engage me are Shadows which is preferable to Phantoms in the other corner. No pots, just 2 food. First it looked good, I was able to cast Spirit Shield and Essence but to my surprise I had few moments left so one Fan went off. Then I got locked and did not look good until I managed to get Siphon running and perhaps more importantly Ray of Fire. Its dps check imo. I forgot to learn Bulwark but the cape was enough.

Now the tricky part.

---

edit: 1 pot the yellow one

Edited by knownastherat

First try :)

RwoJbW.jpg

This is my spot. I tried the other, like in the guide for triple crown, and it did not work for me. In this corner first to engage me are Shadows which is preferable to Phantoms in the other corner. No pots, just 2 food. First it looked good, I was able to cast Spirit Shield and Essence but to my surprise I had few moments left so one Fan went off. Then I got locked and did not look good until I managed to get Siphon running and perhaps more importantly Ray of Fire. Its dps check imo. I forgot to learn Bulwark but the cape was enough.

Now the tricky part.

---

edit: but 1 pot the yellow one

Thats my spot get out of my spot!

All you need for that room is 4 fire scrolls and the figurine and if you do everything but the temple and collect all the herbs you can get the money and ingredients 

As you can see I do not have the figurine despite having 6k gold. I am so cheap!!

Wizard has more possibilities than Fan. DoTs tick even when I am stunned. Notice that due to my high For Phantom was not able to stunlock me.

lol the figurine makes it 1000x easier though. right now i only use my figurines to open up fights, then i let my summons take over. That and my sanguine plate does more damage than i do, it depends if i let myself get hit or not

Figurine is good value early on sure but since it was first try I do not think it would make it any difference. I have save there and I think I can reproduce it reliably enough. I do not shoot for Iron Man and do recognize **** happens. Dunno if I could live without reloads ;)  

I had more trouble with Maerwald. I forgot Bulwark which was big mistake. Getting the beetles involved and clash with  Maerwald and his adds is reproducible, again contrary to the triple crown guide unlike spiders,  but its possible to take quite a lot of damage in the process. Maerwald usually wins the fight and even if majority of his spells are gone he still posses threat so good condition for this part is crucial.  

Anyway, I am getting my figurine now, for free, from the big city! Cheap cheap

Edited by knownastherat

Figurine is good value early on sure but since it was first try I do not think it would make it any difference. I have save there and I think I can reproduce it reliably enough. I do not shoot for Iron Man and do recognize **** happens. Dunno if I could live without reloads ;)  

I had more trouble with Maerwald. I forgot Bulwark which was big mistake. Getting the beetles involved and clash with  Maerwald and his adds is reproducible, again contrary to the triple crown guide unlike spiders,  but its possible to take quite a lot of damage in the process. Maerwald usually wins the fight and even if majority of his spells are gone he still posses threat so good condition for this part is crucial.  

Anyway, I am getting my figurine now, for free, from the big city! Cheap cheap

I dont know about wizards but because i have two parallel games before i try any fight with my triple crown run i makesure i can beat it in y non triple crown and as a result I know how to hadle most fights safely. Maerwald is quite an easy fight tbh. all you need is a speed buff and dodging hs spells is quite easy, if you can block the doorway and kill his fire elementals they explode and deal heavy damage to him, and besides which they are slow enough moving that its easy to seperate them from himand once he has blown through his spells he is a really weak oponent

So minor tip:

When facing a group of enemies that has casters/ranged enemies if you cast a figurine/summon to attack the squishies the melee  mobs will peel off you to try to help, they dont usually arrive in time because a flanked spellcasted falls pretty dam fast and its a really good way to get some breathing room if they surround you

2q9z282.jpg

The casters will also prioritise the melee mobs attacking them so its a good way to get them to burn their spells even if they dont die.

Edited by Ceranai

as far as soloing pursic goes i found it difficult earlier so left it till now, its actually remarkably easy if you focus him down asap by surrounding him with shades

14cfion.jpg

Then if you have any kind of retaliation and high enough deflection and DR the mercenaries are easy- i have 97 deflection pretty much everything misses or grazes me, and im wearing an enchanted sanguine plate

rix8w7.jpg