So we all know the 'hide in a corner/block the doorway' trickI just thought i would share some of the things that i think make solo play possible as there are several things that dont come up so much in group play that become very important in solo play.

1) figurines- basically these should be your number one priority for items

2) food and drink and scrolls- especially sugar and fire scrolls sugar lets you run faster which is really useful ay numbre of times

3) Get other people to fight for you when possible- the screenie below is a troll vs bandit fight i set up, mobs generally engage the closest enemy and this fight worked out beautifully as I just attacked whichever side was winning and the last troll and bandit died within a few seconds of each other:

f9fd3r.jpg

Also always check what your enemies resistances are, some bosses have crazy deflection so you are going to have to use spells or scrolls to kill them, trolls are resistant to crushing so dont use a hammer on them. 

You walk into forest and meet 4 trolls. What do you do? You are 4 too. Level 4. Without exploits?  You run, till you find a corner. Cant climb trees ..

----

ulMkKg.jpg

-----

Well, you kick their ass. After all you are Mig Mage!

Softened up by Corrosive Siphon, Fan, Ray and Chill.  Don't troll me bitches. Stiletto and Door.

• Like 2

You walk into forest and meet 4 trolls. What do you do? You are 4 too. Level 4. Without exploits?  You run, till you find a corner. Cant climb trees ..

----

ulMkKg.jpg

-----

Well, you kick their ass. After all you are Mig Mage!

Softened up by Corrosive Siphon, Fan, Ray and Chill.  Don't troll me bitches. Stiletto and Door.

Nice one. I killed them in my monk run but thought they would hit too hard for my chanter so i used the speed buff to pull them to the bandits and loled my ass off watching the two duke it out :p

What to do?

---

MawwhK.jpg

Level 5

Q9Lt53.jpg

Bulwark .. too slow bro with that Rolling thing and Sprit Shield. What now? Heal, Fan them, Ray them Corrode them?

nD2fKE.jpg

Oops I did it again .. now the heal?

tVAGKx.jpg

Oops Too Late!

Heal, Siphon, Aim, Bolt, Fan and BM at the end

Sd8jhe.jpg

PRO TIP from not a pro: Terrain is part of the game. Besides, who would stand in the middle?

• Like 2

What to do?

---

MawwhK.jpg

Level 5

Q9Lt53.jpg

Bulwark .. too slow bro with that Rolling thing and Sprit Shield. What now? Heal, Fan them, Ray them Corrode them?

nD2fKE.jpg

Oops I did it again .. now the heal?

tVAGKx.jpg

Oops Too Late!

Heal, Siphon, Aim, Bolt, Fan and BM at the end

Sd8jhe.jpg

PRO TIP from not a pro: Terrain is part of the game. Besides, who would stand in the middle?

How is it going as a battlemage? I almsot went battlemage but all i ever hear is how underpowered wizards are so im playing as a chanter, i need to hit 6 for my next level of summons, im stuggling now with just the phantom, he often dies before im ready to replace him, still it made the fight in caed nua reallllly easy if a bit boring

I think strongest battle mage is druid without shapeshifting.

You get your spells for free (no 4 active spell limit).

You base stats are higher than mage from level 1 on.

You get a raw damage level 2 buff, which has Life Leech...which means you are only class which can enchant Life Leech on there weapon.

Like mage, at level 9 your spells become per encounter.

You have good AOE damage.

You have good sources for RAW damage. 

You have summons, so you can flank your enemies with them.

You have O-**** heals for the O-**** moments.

Edited by Aqvamare

Tough fights I cast and trash I hit. I did not get "haste" spell for example but bolt as I was heading for the city (walls). As you see I did not really fight any tough fights except the keep but there I do not need scrolls. Its consistently doable in elegant fashion but not every time. Mopped up temple and some maps and now gonna get some money, exp and items.

I don't even have figurine. Have 8.3k on me possibly for Wiz ring not sure. Plate armor and my buffs keep me alive but Wiz needs to rest after every encounter like this one. That is the way it is. To hit stuff and survive one needs spells and sometimes they are so powerful its better just burn them fast.

Try it next. People say .. eventually someone will do it will all classes I suspect and if not, well, not bad way to learn a class, and the game mechanics.

---

edit: You can buff up, DR and attack speed, cast on mobs in front of you Siphon and tease them with Arcane Assault and other debuffs and happily hack away. The thing is that a swing ~ cast and cast is well devastating. It comes down to planning resources but so far there was no need. Rests are plentiful.

Edited by knownastherat

I think strongest battle mage is druid without shapeshifting.

You get your spells for free (no 4 active spell limit).

You base stats are higher than mage from level 1 on.

You get a raw damage level 2 buff, which has Life Leech...which means you are only class which can enchant Life Leech on there weapon.

Like mage, at level 9 your spells become per encounter.

You have good AOE damage.

You have good sources for RAW damage. 

You have summons, so you can flank your enemies with them.

You have O-**** heals for the O-**** moments.

yea but as wizard im pretty sure you have more cc spells, your first point is irrelevant when you prep for every battle, second point is a good one, life leech i think is massively overrated, yea it gives you some sustain but so does potions. The raw damage is probably the msot interesting thing, that plus summons. If I cant solo with my chanter ill probs go back and do it with a druid, i just hate the rest per fight type mechanics... so annoying

I repeat, the life leech level 2 buff, mark of the hunt is a extra enchantment for your weapon you carry, which adds RAW damage on attack. (DR indeptent)

The good point, there are many good weapon...with crazy strong elemental bonus or cast, but you will not take them, because the lack LL.

LL gives you in a normal group fight like 20 extra endurance...at the moment you get retiale strike, it is 40-60 extra endurance.

There is in my PotD on a small number of fights, were LL wasn't good.

Thalos, Fire Dragoon, Sky Dragon....because they drop 100+ damage cast on you. But in this fitghs, a druid has good extra heal...

Druid also gets petrify on 5th level of spells. It's no as potent as wizard's but it can be enough to ruin the day for tougher bosses and you get it earlier.

In terms of LL - well, wizzy has aoe drain spells and can increase his max endurance by 50 in a single fast cast (which atm is bugged and can permanently restore health), so it's not as one sided. High level wiz defensive spells are quite good too.

I do not say Wiz is weak...he shines at late level with crazy strong spells....Stoneing and ring of death....

I only say, if somebody want to play battlemage, he should pick druid, because he will get a easier gameexperience on every difficulty.

The spell system of druid has no missskilling of your spells, a wizard, if you d not know what to skill, can go totally wrong

And the grimore system to avoid missspells, is a gamble. because in 90% of cases, they have always the same spells.

Im not sure if I like chanters or not any more, fights are getting increasingly difficult and tedius with much more kiting involved. I mean my monk playthrough was going great but I was worried that I wouldnt be able to do anything against the high deflection bosses, the other monk i know soloing PoTD told me that on some bosses you just miss every single hit.I also think it was a bad idea to roll orlan. Fact is nothing any other race or helm gives you is as good as the heals from moonlike. 

Doesn't the level 1 quarterstaff spell give the wizard endurance regen?

It does, the but Endurance to Health ratio on wizards is terrible.

Even a tank wizard should not be tanking, unless they have stacked deflection through the roof.

Wizards quarterstaff is also a summoned weapon so it gets outscaled, while druids have an enchant. Also wizards get standard 20% lifesteal while druids get 100%. Low health on wizards is not a problem atm with infuse with vital essence spell bug/feature later on, since they effectively have unlimited hp from level 11 on.

From my experience, stacking Deflection or average Con are not tickets to PotD.  Taken high Mig and Int as mandatory there is only so much room and that room is needed for Dex.

Wiz has Deflection buffs however casting them takes time and such time can be used for damage. There are no sequencers/contingencies I know of and quite few spells are combat only. Once combat starts it can go south really fast.

Edited by knownastherat

From my experience, stacking Deflection or average Con are not tickets to PotD.  Taken high Mig and Int as mandatory there is only so much room and that room is needed for Dex.

Wiz has Deflection buffs however casting them takes time and such time can be used for damage. There are no sequencers/contingencies I know of and quite few spells are combat only. Once combat starts it can go south really fast.

Honestly? I think you can skimp on intelligence, but might is pretty necessary here.

A little tip for anyone masochistic enough to try a Paladin, you're going to have to go with an Aumaua, and take Bull's Fortitude (probably at level 2 to make the Temple less random) to get to Act 2.  I'm reasonably sure you can't get your Deflection high enough to avoid getting hit altogether so you have to make sure you get stunned very little (I got as high as 122 Def against Phantom stuns, I think, and would get grazed very seldom by their stuns).  Act 2 will open things up for you quite a bit, but I don't know how masochistic I actually am to try continuing with what I believe now to be somewhat of a subpar build.

Its question of how much is for example 48% area and 40% duration at Int 18 worth. Depends on spell picks I guess as some spells will benefits more than others. For example, Spirit Shield which is on in almost every fight: base 45 sec, modified 63 sec.  Corrosive Siphon 10 sec to 14 sec, radius from 1.25 m to 1.85 m. For some spells prolonged duration/area can mean more damage in which case Int ~ Mig.

This said, it all depends on play style and lets say purpose. I tried low Dex and high Deflection before but this is working more to my liking. Most importantly speed of casting is noticeable and significant. Now I can get my stuff up ;)  while before I was struggling despite phenomenal Concentration.

A little tip for anyone masochistic enough to try a Paladin, you're going to have to go with an Aumaua, and take Bull's Fortitude (probably at level 2 to make the Temple less random) to get to Act 2.  I'm reasonably sure you can't get your Deflection high enough to avoid getting hit altogether so you have to make sure you get stunned very little (I got as high as 122 Def against Phantom stuns, I think, and would get grazed very seldom by their stuns).  Act 2 will open things up for you quite a bit, but I don't know how masochistic I actually am to try continuing with what I believe now to be somewhat of a subpar build.

Were you running Goldpact with Fast Runner and Enduring Flames?

Were you running Goldpact with Fast Runner and Enduring Flames?

No, I ran a Kind Wayfarer because I originally thought I was going to be able to use the endurance heal on killing blow to sustain myself (little did I know how much trouble I was going to have just hitting things) and ended up just building the character to try to scrape by the Great Hall phantoms.  I could probably come up with a more optimal build now looking back, but it's torture playing that class by itself.  The most exciting thing about it was reading the phantoms' stun accuracy versus my (IIRC) 122 defense against it.  Act 2 opens things up quite a bit, but not enough for my liking.

The Theorem of Pandgram

6QRn8w.jpg

Upon entering go Stealth (5 in this case) and immediately start moving to south west. As shown only 1 enemy will agro.

-----

The Bronze Beneath the Lake

meet with Gianslayers part (who drop good items early)

No screen shot but there are 2 Forest Lurkers nearby. No need to say more.

• Like 1

The Theorem of Pandgram

6QRn8w.jpg

Upon entering go Stealth (5 in this case) and immediately start moving to south west. As shown only 1 enemy will agro.

-----

The Bronze Beneath the Lake

meet with Gianslayers part (who drop good items early)

No screen shot but there are 2 Forest Lurkers nearby. No need to say more.

No need to say any more :p

Im currently trying really hard to get sanguine plate, atm im not sure its possible without partying up with the palladin