Thanks for an amazing game.

Just finished yesterday... just what i wanted from the game.

Thanks SO much.

So, what are the plans for another game :p, now that you have the engine down :)

( PS. amazing work with the engine.... )

• Like 3

Honestly, putting an expansion down as a given - not even as a stretch goal - was pretty iffy. But it looks like it is going to pay off. It now depends to be seen if they kickstart PoE 2 or go traditional.

I recently read an intervew Feargus gave, saying about the expansion delivered in two parts and a card tabletop game. Somewere else said something like "you can guess were we're thinking to go after the expansion" or something like that, which seemed to me like he's implying Pillars 2. I really hope they're doing it outside kickstarter, by themselves.

The CCG is Pathfinder.

Do you have any plans for an Eternity tabletop RPG or anything like that? I mean, you created this new world and all this new lore, do you see that expanding out to other media?

Absolutely. So, actually one of the things we're going to announce very soon, I don't even know if I talked about it. Not in the latest backer update but the next backer update, we're definitely going to talk about how we're going to be Kickstarting... not us, but another group is going to be Kickstarting a Pillars of Eternity card game. This isn't like a CCG or anything like that, but it's more just a fun, kind of, four people get around and play a single session card game. You have heros, and you have a village, and all that kind of stuff, and you can take your heroes into a dungeon, and you can also take your heroes and armies and attack your friends while they're playing, so it's kind a very fun card game and it's actually designed by Chris Taylor. Not... there's two Chris Taylors. [Laughs] It's Chris Taylor, a friend of mine for many many years who was the lead designer of Fallout.

So, that's the first thing we're really looking at, and also, absolutely on the tabletop roleplaying. We're not sure yet how we're going to do it, we were kind of going back and forth on, do we use the game's rules, do we use someone else's rules, do we come up with another set of rules? And it's something we're going to be talking [about] soon. But absolutely, we want to expand. New books, roleplaying, all that kind of stuff.

Source

I think I read that Torment: Tides of Numera is using the same engine (or a modified version of it).

You mean... Unity?

Obs made a lot of modifications to the engine. Torment is using that modified version of Unity.

Sorry, I'm just pissed off over Inquisition. Playing POE is just what I needed.

Hah! I wrote off that series after the 2nd game. There was nothing left of the cRPG style that Bioware was* known for.  :biggrin:

Edited by Mansen

Here's hoping that the beautiful soul of this game won't be shattered too much as the franchise goes forward.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

Sorry, I'm just pissed off over Inquisition. Playing POE is just what I needed.

Hah! I wrote off that series after the 2nd game. There was nothing left of the cRPG style that Bioware was* known for. :biggrin:

I enjoyed Mass Effect 3 except for the awful ending, but as far as Dragon Age goes, I gave up after DA2. For some reason their more recent games work better in space.

I played all of Mass Effect and thoroughly enjoyed it. I played all of Mass Effect 2 and enjoyed it in some ways, but was very disappointed in others. I played about half of Mass Effect 3 and gave up. I thoroughly disliked it...it felt like a clone every other third person shooter I've ever seen. I didn't know what had happened to Bioware.