OK. I'm level 3. I have five companions, didn't clear the temple of dead god, could not reach lord Raedric (how could you enter his castle? Developers must wanted players to ask this). I completed weapon shipment quest, but didn't clear that area where you found shipment because forest lurker is too hard for me. I'm chanter and I met Kana and recruited him.

At Caed Nud I met with shadows (I play easy difficulty). Lots of shadows! At least four of them are attacking my group! Is this normal for easy difficulty?

I think I will go back and clear temple of dead god, then fight Norton (do you recommend fighting Norton at this stage?) and start using food I brought just so I can increase endurance and stats.

I just wanted to ask you - is this game too hard for me? I really don't want to quit, but I feel agitated if I loose battle (I played nwn2 for too long). I welcome any advice on how to fight shadows, but if I don't level up at temple or fighting Norton, I would be forced to fight shadows at level 3 (or 4). I can't explore any other area except Caed Nud or that road that leads to Caed Nud (where you found weapon shipments).

Do recommend avoiding shadows?

Will game become any harder?

Any advice (like - game will become even harder, quit now) is welcomed!

Aothas' temple should be perfectly doable with 5 people on easy.

Also try to explore all the surrounding areas near Valewood for more experience.

After you're done with that you should be strong enough for Caed Nua.

Are you using all your skills properly? Easy mode is rather easy, but I don't think you'll be getting anywhere if you're treating the game like a realtime one-click strategy game.

Edit: To tackle Raedric's crib, perhaps hire a selfmade character or postpone it until you have Hiravias/Sagani/GM.

Edited by Gotcha!
  • Like 1

At Caed Nud I met with shadows (I play easy difficulty). Lots of shadows! At least four of them are attacking my group! Is this normal for easy difficulty?

You can purchase a 6th companion at the Inn.  That would make it easier.  I never tried easy difficulty.  It would be interesting if it was bugged and harder than Hard. ;)

I rush through that area to grab all the companions by level 4, so it should be doable on Easy difficulty.

Edited by Daemonjax
  • Like 1

Sorry, I misspoke! My party has five companions, I have four companions - Kana, fighter, Durance, aloth and my main character. But thanks on support. Would I be level 4 when I complete the Temple of Dead God? It seems like something that has fair amount of enemies, but I heard it's infested with spiders and other low level enemies?

Go through your party members abilities and pause often to prep new tactics or use slow-mode (S for slow, D for fast). Set Eder to defensive mode so he can engage more enemies (doesn't help a ton with Shadows since they teleport, but it's a good practice). Also look at Aloth and Durances spells so you know what they can do.

Mouse over the Shadows to see their defenses, you'll notice they have a really low DR vs Fire, that makes Durance's staff and Aloth's fan of flames particularly potent.

You don't get any (major) experience from enemies, only from doing quests.

Indeed. You get a tiny amount of XP for the first few monsters of a given type you kill, but you stop gaining XP from them after their bestiary entry is at 100%.

This is awesome because it makes persuasion and stealth viable options throughout the game, especially if you're trying to get Triple Crown Solo like me.

I never played easy so not sure if I am 100% correct but keep in mind that Shades (you should have 1 or 2) can summon Shadows so that might be why they are so many...

As for a good strategy (especially since you have a big party) I find it best to divide and conquer:) Shades like to paralyse (remember the difference between easy/normal/hard is the number of mobs you will meet and not their stats/abilities) which lower your evasion defense (by 10 I think...?) so don't try to tank all with your tank. Send your tank to engage 2-3 mobs. but also send Kana to melee a Shadow too (he have nice armor when you meet him and 10 DR so unless he is mobbed he will last quite a while). Shadows are just hard to hit and might teleport from time to time so don't worry about Kana:)

And least but definitely not last - learn how and what you can craft. Apart from ability to craft endurance potions you can also craft aoe spells to heal endurance so it's recomended you have few (they are low lore)

Edited by lyin321
  • Like 1

Dude use formations, you should have a front line of 2/3 tanks to soak up the cc and damage and your backline should be able t easily take down the shadows with dps, they are only really hard to take down 1v1/1v4. They should go down really fast from anyone NOT affected by the dazed condition they apply with their autoattacks