Barbarian Ability: One Stands Alone damage... is this real life?

Heh, no.

Ridiculously overpowered is the chanter phrase that gives a fair bit more than that to everyone in the party. Every level of the big dungeon I ask - "does it blend?", and find, yes.. yes, it sure does.

The chant that adds like 26 fire damage? It doesn't actually add a flat amount to each attack, more like a percentage. If you click on the attacks in the log you'll see how much it really added and it's far lower than 26.

Marked Enemy on Ranger also says exactly +20 damage. For the ranger AND the familiar. Somehow I don't notice it on Sagani. When I use it, it doesn't seem to have a big impact.

I tested Marked Enemy a little and, if I'm correct, this skill works only for ranger and adds 20% damage bonus, but calculated after taking into account DR. So if you'd normally hit enemy for 15 - 7DR = 8DMG without marked enemy with marked enemy you will hit him for (15 - 7DR)*1,2 = 9,6 (I don't remember how the game rounds it).

Additionally it turned out for me, that if you deal less damage than enemy's DR you will deal some damage, because it seems you always deal some damage, but you won't get anything from Marked Enemy.

I think that talent is very underwhelming, especially now when I hear about barbarian's One Stands Alone.

Barbarians have terrible deflection and go do reasonably fast when they're surrounded (not immediately, but they're not going to be tanking like a Fighter). I thinking it's just to give them more of a chance in these situations, but yeah it is a pretty powerful ability.

Has anyone tried a barb tank?  Like full plate and a shield? or deflection would still be too low? or is dual-wielding necessary for essential abilities? I haven't tried a barb, just thinking out loud here, but sounds like a great idea with their AoE's, and the game claims to support unique builds... hmmm.....

This skill has to be bugged. Just took it on level 5 and my barbarian basically destroys everything that comes around him in 2-3 seconds on medium difficulty. I might as well not have a party at all (maybe that's what the ability's name is referring to...). Would be nice to have an answer from the devs if the ability is really supposed to work this way. And yeah, marked prey definitely does not give +20 damage.

It doesn't sound particularly OP, since you'd have to work to let the Barbarian be surrounded, and build your strategy around it, e.g. raising his deflection and whatnot. Not to mention charmed/prone/etc enemies don't count as engaging, right?

Certainly seems an interesting tactic though.

What's OP about it is that it steps all over the rogue class which is supposed to be best at single target dps.

With how OSA currently works, the barb is best at single target and AOE dps.

The fact that cipher is better at being a rogue than the rogue is a separate issue. ;)

It doesn't sound particularly OP, since you'd have to work to let the Barbarian be surrounded, and build your strategy around it, e.g. raising his deflection and whatnot. Not to mention charmed/prone/etc enemies don't count as engaging, right?

Certainly seems an interesting tactic though.

What's OP about it is that it steps all over the rogue class which is supposed to be best at single target dps.

With how OSA currently works, the barb is best at single target and AOE dps.

The fact that cipher is better at being a rogue than the rogue is a separate issue. ;)

Also, I'd bet you can pretty much put full con, per and resolve on him while leaving might and dex at 10 and still butcher everything with fast dual wield weapons. I have might 18 and resolve 16 with rest of the defensive stats on 10 and deal 50 damage hits with hatchets, sometimes with carnage. I've been surrounded by six enemies and they go down way faster than my barbarian. You don't need to use charm or knockdown because everything dies in a couple of hits. The ability simply breaks the game, at least in the early game.

Do you need "Hold the Line" (+1 Engagement) for OSA to work? As far as I read the Wiki it says, that the default engagement limit is 1. This would mean that OSA would rarely trigger. There are also some Build guides which recommend "Hold the Line" in addition to OSA

Do you need "Hold the Line" (+1 Engagement) for OSA to work? As far as I read the Wiki it says, that the default engagement limit is 1. This would mean that OSA would rarely trigger. There are also some Build guides which recommend "Hold the Line" in addition to OSA

It triggers if 2 enemies are engaging you - you don't have to be engaging them both.

Sounds OP. What's stopping anyone from making a Barbarian, giving him Eder's armor, and throwing him up there? And I read there's certain gear that gives you automatic retaliation on melee hits...

+20 damage per melee attack. That applies to Carnage, Off-hand attacks, probably multiplies on crits - and I assume it works on most of the Barbarian's abilities because they use a melee attack as a base.

It was probably intended to be a % bonus, which makes more sense.