Barbarian Ability: One Stands Alone damage... is this real life?

It doesn't sound particularly OP, since you'd have to work to let the Barbarian be surrounded, and build your strategy around it, e.g. raising his deflection and whatnot. Not to mention charmed/prone/etc enemies don't count as engaging, right?

Certainly seems an interesting tactic though.

• Like 1

I guess in terms of past games in the same genre, a number of the classes here have abilities that could be considered overpowered. Chanter (+25 fire damage to all party weapons is pretty serious) and Cipher especially.

The major exception would be the Paladin, who is fairly sad and pathetic in virtually every possible way.

• Like 4

Fair enough. I'll rescind the OP comment. Not like I want to see my favorite class nerfed or anything - was just a bit taken aback. xD

Let's call it "extreme risk, extreme reward" instead. I still took Brutal Strikes in prep for Threatening Prescence. :p

Nerf Chanter and Cipher instead! ;)

• Like 2

Fair enough. I'll rescind the OP comment. Not like I want to see my favorite class nerfed or anything - was just a bit taken aback. xD

Let's call it "extreme risk, extreme reward" instead. I still took Brutal Strikes in prep for Threatening Prescence. :p

Nerf Chanter and Cipher instead! ;)

Don't you touch mah CIPHER!!!

Seriously though, it's hilarious. I lolled at Mind Lance (~40 pierce damage in a line) AKA Drake Be Gone.

It is weird that the bonus from this ability is an integer bonus though. Makes it heavily HEAVILY favor dual wielding over anything else. Wonder why they did that instead of the additive percentage modifiers almost everything else is?

• Like 2

I guess in terms of past games in the same genre, a number of the classes here have abilities that could be considered overpowered. Chanter (+25 fire damage to all party weapons is pretty serious) and Cipher especially.

The major exception would be the Paladin, who is fairly sad and pathetic in virtually every possible way.

Darcozzi's/GoldPact 10 accuracy/Charm defense upgrades on Liberating Exthoration is nice.. to put on a Barb at least.

OP, it probably isn't working that way.

The Ranger's Mark ability ALSO says that it adds +20 damage (for both the ranger and their pet). This is a lie. I can't figure out how much damage it adds, but it sure isn't a flat +20. It might be +20%.

There's a mod that makes his Flame weapon have infinite casts, and he still sucks on anything but being an zdps off-tank.

• Like 1

OP, it probably isn't working that way.

The Ranger's Mark ability ALSO says that it adds +20 damage (for both the ranger and their pet). This is a lie. I can't figure out how much damage it adds, but it sure isn't a flat +20. It might be +20%.

You're right about the ranger ability, but the barbarian's One stands alone definitely gives a flat +20 damage boost. I tested this before for the op and now again because of your post and i'm pretty sure it adds 20 damage. my barb hit for over 30 damage with 11 might while dual wielding on the wolves and 3 dudes at the start. It also shows it on the character page (think my damage was 31-39 with it on).

• Like 2

I think it is a bug, maybe it's intended to be +20% instead of flat 20.

That's what I would expect... but then again apparently there's a high-level Chanter chant that grants AoE +25 fire damage to everyone, which would be ridiculously more powerful since you A) don't have to put yourself in a risky situation to make it happen and B) it affects everyone, not just one character... so who knows? :p

That's what I would expect... but then again apparently there's a high-level Chanter chant that grants AoE +25 fire damage to everyone, which would be ridiculously more powerful since you A) don't have to put yourself in a risky situation to make it happen and B) it affects everyone, not just one character... so who knows? :p

I was pretty sure it was 25% before 1.0.3 (according to my reading of the log). Was I wrong? D:

Barbarians have terrible deflection and go do reasonably fast when they're surrounded (not immediately, but they're not going to be tanking like a Fighter). I thinking it's just to give them more of a chance in these situations, but yeah it is a pretty powerful ability.

I don't think Paladin is bad until you play PotD, which lot's of the time you need to prioritize accuracy and Pali is one those good candidate to have.

I was pretty sure it was 25% before 1.0.3 (according to my reading of the log). Was I wrong? D:

Eh, I'll test. All I can really tell is I mow through things in seconds with it and have rather large damage numbers. It says something like "has effect +25 burn damage", so I took it at its word. But I suppose it could be 25%, considering my damage was already fairly high.

Looks like I was wrong. Even though the explanation says +25 Fire damage, it's more likely +25%, as while the damage is pretty significant - it's not as high as +25 flat fire would be with DR vs. Fire taken into account. Difference less noticeable on my rogue, more on my weaker characters. Overall, still more damaging than a single character with +25 flat - but, I suppose a full party of dual wielding barbs might be fun. ;)