I tried a wiz build in 2.01 and the minor blights aoe hits did not trigger blasts. So that was either a bug (as there was a trillion in 2.01) or they nerfed it. In White March the blights itself were also quite stupid because there are a lot of enemies that are immune (or have very high DR) to certain elemental damage. And the blights just switch from fire to ice and so on. You have no control what kind of element will be used and so a lot of shots just end up in an "immune" message. I retrained the wiz to use Tall Grass and an arbalest and to summon a spirit lance when fights got tough. That was way more powerful.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I tried a wiz build in 2.01 and the minor blights aoe hits did not trigger blasts. So that was either a bug (as there was a trillion in 2.01) or they nerfed it. In White March the blights itself were also quite stupid because there are a lot of enemies that are immune (or have very high DR) to certain elemental damage. And the blights just switch from fire to ice and so on. You have no control what kind of element will be used and so a lot of shots just end up in an "immune" message. I retrained the wiz to use Tall Grass and an arbalest and to summon a spirit lance when fights got tough. That was way more powerful.

I'm not sure about Dangerous Implement's improve damage for Blights as as well. Dont really see this 25% in 2.02 comparing  with/without Implement.

Maybe I'm wrong and still Implement works with Kalakoht's Minor Blights , but hard to tell with opinion based on combat log and RNG accuracy value and output dmg.

edit: tested  in the easiest way,caster 's healt/endurance reduces with Impement trigger turned on , so Implement still works with Blights  in 2.02 

Blast seems to works also. but not 100% sure

Edited by Gs11

Yeah, Dangerous Implements and Blast both work with Blights. Blast is what really makes the Blights such amazing trash cleaners, as they fire off of each target in the Blight AoE. If you fire off a Blight auto attack, check the log, and it'll show like, 5 hits with the Blight, then 18 or something Blast hits. It pretty much will pressure cook packs of mobs. As for Dangerous Implements, it's only a +.25 mod, so it's only going to add about 5 damage per hit. Not terrible, mind you, but it's easy to miss off an eyeball test. Not a must have talent at all. I'd take elemental damage up, it'll

As for Spirit Lance, that's an amazing spell, but it's sorta the single target version of Blight. Blights a way to burn one spell slot and mow down packs of trash, while the Lance, with it's massive damage, acc bonus, and speed  (37 base+25 aoe+15 acc with speed) is great for single target. That's not to say only use it on the few bosses or something, but some things like Ogres have hit boxes too big for Blights, and the lance does a great job tearing through those. It does draw from the level 5 spells though, which are a bit more useful, and being near the frontlines can be dangerous unarmored if the battlefield isn't secured, putting you at the whims of the AI playing poorly. (It usually does though).

Main issue with Spirit Lance it doesn't come up at all until level 9, when the Wizard gets per encounters. At that point, it doesn't matter a great deal what you're doing, as 7 Slickens will keep any battlefield locked down. Blights at least get Act 2 to shine in.

I think Penetrating Shot is better pick than Dangerous Implemets, because of how DR calculated and because Pen Shot affect some spells without affecting casting time.

Wait, it does? Are you positive?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Heh? Sprit Lance has an aoe blast itself and does lots oft damage to mobs around the primary target.

Spirit lance hits the primary target with 37 base, then fires a 25 base damage AoE from that center. Blights hit everything in the area for 22 base, modified by elemental talents, then each of those targets fire of an 8 base damage, 10 penetration blast from their center. With multiple targets in the AoE, it'll easily far outpace the single higher blast the Lance would do, plus all the benefits of being a ranged wand, rather than a reach pike, plus using a level 3 slot instead of a level 5 slot.

Edited by Teioh_White

I think Penetrating Shot is better pick than Dangerous Implemets, because of how DR calculated and because Pen Shot affect some spells without affecting casting time.

I tested it now with almost every direct damage spell it's not working, the only case where it works is with Kalakoth's because of weapon(spell) and of course it works only for the main target and it does not apply on the aoe. So I think we can officially call this myth busted or a really really cheap trolling attempt from that guy unless he cares to give us further detail on which are these exact spells supposedly being affected by a pure weapons talent.

As for blast stacking with blights and procing off from every target withing blight's aoe I second that, yes it does proc multiple times, it's ok midgame and it's almost useless lategame as Teioh pointed out.

Nah, the Blights replace whatever is in your hand with the Blight weapon wand, so it doesn't matter what weapon, if any, you have equipped when casting it. Which is just a wand that has 22 base damage, has a random element type for it's damage type, hits in a 1.5m radius, and comes with +20 acc.

I tested it now with almost every direct damage spell it's not working, the only case where it works is with Kalakoth's because of weapon(spell) and of course it works only for the main target and it does not apply on the aoe. So I think we can officially call this myth busted or a really really cheap trolling attempt from that guy unless he cares to give us further detail on which are these exact spells supposedly being affected by a pure weapons talent.

As for blast stacking with blights and procing off from every target withing blight's aoe I second that, yes it does proc multiple times, it's ok midgame and it's almost useless lategame as Teioh pointed out.

Much obliged. That seemed unlikely.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.