595daeb2efc27bcc261e3db1338249.png

It is more like a SLG rather than RPG, didn't go to endless path nor do bounties, finish the game while level 10.

As limited by my poor English, I'll try to write a walkthrough.

Character Creation:

We don't need perception, so all races that boost perception is off the table, and we need wear helm, so Godlike is off the table, so the most suitable race would be Boreal Dwarf, +15 acc against wilder and Primordials may have limited use, but it fit for major quest.

Attributes: Min Per, max Int, Res and Dex, Con 10, rest go to Mig

Chosen Abilities:

level1: Tenuous Grasp, Whisper of Treason

level2: Mind wave

level3: Mental Binding, Mind blades

level4: Not important

level5: Puppet Master

level6: Not important

level7: Mind Lance, Silent Scream

level8: Body Attunement

level9: Ring leader, Borrowed Instinct

level10: Not important

Chosen Talents:

level2: Fast Runner (MUST HAVE!)

level4: Draining Whip

level6: Two weapon Style

level8: Gunner

level10: Deep Pockets

Important Items:

Carow Golan, Blacsonn, sold by merchants in House Doemenel and Scriveners Dormitory

Gaze of the Adragan Trap: One can be disarmed in the Skaen cult basement, sold by merchants in Copperlane and

Hearthsong, both need to finish there quest first(and side with them)

Iridescent Scarab Figurine, Oaken Scarab Figurine, Obsidian Lamp Figurine(see StrategyGuide Figurine section)

Unfinished...

Edited by Emeus
  • Like 5

Nice. Couple questions:

1. How did you feel you did before Caed Nua with the phantoms?

2. How'd you beat the final boss?

3. Why two-weapon style... and gunner?

Edited by Lasci

Congratulations ! Interesting choice to go with the cipher, I've read a lot of vets raise the idea that the chanter would probably be the best option for this achievement, why didn't you go with a chanter ? Or did you try/want to and then, what made you switch to cipher ?

Qu'avez-vous fait de l'honneur de la patrie ?

Congratulations ! Interesting choice to go with the cipher, I've read a lot of vets raise the idea that the chanter would probably be the best option for this achievement, why didn't you go with a chanter ? Or did you try/want to and then, what made you switch to cipher ?

I'll take a bunt at this one.  Ciphers can attack every possible defense by level 3 (if not at first level!), scale better (speaking from limited Chanter experience, though, so take with a grain of salt), and get accuracy buffs on a good number of their spells (if not most).

I'll take a bunt at this one.  Ciphers can attack every possible defense by level 3 (if not at first level!), scale better (speaking from limited Chanter experience, though, so take with a grain of salt), and get accuracy buffs on a good number of their spells (if not most).

the accurcy buffs on spells are so OP...cipher is a jake of all trades with no weakness...

It is more like a SLG rather than RPG, didn't go to endless path nor do bounties, finish the game while level 10.

Character Creation:

We don't need perception, so all races that boost perception is off the table, and we need wear helm, so Godlike is off the table, so the most suitable race would be Boreal Dwarf, +15 acc against wilder and Primordials may have limited use, but it fit for major quest.

Chosen Abilities:

Chosen Talents:

Important Items:

Carow Golan, Blacsonn, sold by merchants in House Doemenel and Scriveners Dormitory

Gaze of the Adragan Trap: One can be disarmed in the Skaen cult basement, sold by merchants in Copperlane and

Iridescent Scarab Figurine, Oaken Scarab Figurine, Obsidian Lamp Figurine(see StrategyGuide Figurine section)

Unfinished...

I can't edit my topic, because I can't find the edit button, so let's continue here, all question will be answered in the walk through, I hope.

Skill:

Athletics 1~2

Lore 2 (to use fan of fire scroll)

then it goes to stealth and Mechanics, see walkthrough

Tips:

Always save before combat and important conversation and remember S/L would still be needed, and you need it more than often.

Game will auto save if you quit the game while out of combat

In combat, if you feel something is wrong like your character is going to die, quit the game, then reload

Out of combat, if you chosen a wrong selection through dialogue and did not result a fight, attack anyone nearby, then quit the game, and reload

A lot of enemies won't chase you for too long after you run out of their distance if they didn't get close to you

Tenuous Grasp can confuse enemy, a confused enemy will attract other enemies, after confusion is over, if no PC in sight, the combat stop, sometimes a single enemy will chase

you, but it can also be confused, so if you encounter some group of enemies that can not sneak pass through, use Tenuous Grasp, and run through them quickly while they are

fighting each other.

The food Farmer's Spread increase your move speed by 1, it also affect sneak, so remember gather ingredients.

You get almost infinite focus from hit after quaff a Carow Golan or Blacsonn.

Don't bring pet, sometimes they will mess things up.

Walkthrough:

I'll explain how to resolve some fight that should be difficult, the rest you can dig it up by your self.

There are some quests can be done with high Resolve, see Strategy Guide.

You can find a lot of hidden items by using the scout mode, see Strategy Guide.

Valewood

You will first encounter an outlaw, attack her with a ranged weapon or mind wave then run, after running enough distance she will turn back, attack her with mind wave then run

again, and then she will turn back again, get closer to her or stand still but do not attack, you should leave combat and get into combat immediately, with refreshed focus, do

the hit and run multiple times, she would be dead. Then sneak closer to the bandit camp, shoot the nearest bandit with a ranged weapon and run, then do the hit and run again

to finish him, go back to the bandit camp, cast Tenuous Grasp on the archer and attack her, before the confusion were off, charm the other bandit, and kill the archer, use

hit and run to finish the left bandit, and talk to the cook.

If you don't want to come back to this map again, head to the bear cave, sneak closer and cast Tenuous Grasp on one of the young bear then run to the entry, that bear can kill

young bear with a single hit. After all young bears are dead, cast Tenuous Grasp on the bear, see if it is moving a little bit far from the soul, if it is, go talk to the

soul, after finish talking, cast Tenuous Grasp on bear immediately, then run to the entry, leave the cave after leave combat.

Gilded Vale

You should have 4 stealth and 4 mechanics after reach here, go steal around, finish tasks and The smith's shipment quest, it is simple, just sneak and steal the quest item

then take it back to the smith. Leave other quests along. After all finished you should be level 4, put all skill points into stealth.

Before leaving, buy a rope from smith.

Caed Nua

0ba240aa5d086fd576b0a5aa97dfbf.jpg

Sneak through the bottom edge, then you will encounter a group of elements, confuse one or two of them then head to the door of main keep. Now prepare for S/L, in the main

keep, confuse those ghosts for many as you like, then run to the north east corner, that corner blocks enemy sight and you can talk to housecarl safely. Sneak head down to Old

Nua level 1, unlock the door lead to Maerwald by mechanics 4, after fight start, 3 elements will be summoned by Maerwald, confuse the Fire Blight(with +15 acc), then run out

of the room, if you are lucky Maerwald's fresh new chill fog and fire ball will clear those elements out, if not, confuse another element and do it again, don't forget you

can still attack with ranged weapon and elements are moving slowly. After elements are cleared out or left by1, lure Maerwald out, run around quickly to avoid his aoe attack, then lure the spiders out from the room in south east, if you didn't stuck by spider web, lure spider to attack Maerwald, charm the left element, the rest fight should be easy.

Unfinished...

Edited by Emeus

Character Creation:

Chosen Abilities:

Chosen Talents:

Important Items:

Unfinished...

I can't edit my topic, because I can't find the edit button, so let's continue here, all question will be answered in the walk through, I hope.

Skill:

Athletics 1~2

Lore 2 (to use fan of fire scroll)

then it goes to stealth and Mechanics, see walkthrough

Tips:

Always save before combat and important conversation and remember S/L would still be needed, and you need it more than often.

Game will auto save if you quit the game while out of combat

In combat, if you feel something is wrong like your character is going to die, quit the game, then reload

Out of combat, if you chosen a wrong selection through dialogue and did not result a fight, attack anyone nearby, then quit the game, and reload

A lot of enemies won't chase you for too long after you run out of their distance if they didn't get close to you

Tenuous Grasp can confuse enemy, a confused enemy will attract other enemies, after confusion is over, if no PC in sight, the combat stop, sometimes a single enemy will chase

you, but it can also be confused, so if you encounter some group of enemies that can not sneak pass through, use Tenuous Grasp, and run through them quickly while they are

fighting each other.

The food Farmer's Spread increase your move speed by 1, it also affect sneak, so remember gather ingredients.

You get almost infinite focus from hit after quaff a Carow Golan or Blacsonn.

Don't bring pet, sometimes they will mess things up.

Walkthrough:

I'll explain how to resolve some fight that should be difficult, the rest you can dig it up by your self.

There are some quests can be done with high Resolve, see Strategy Guide.

You can find a lot of hidden items by using the scout mode, see Strategy Guide.

Valewood

You will first encounter an outlaw, attack her with a ranged weapon or mind wave then run, after running enough distance she will turn back, attack her with mind wave then run

again, and then she will turn back again, get closer to her or stand still but do not attack, you should leave combat and get into combat immediately, with refreshed focus, do

the hit and run multiple times, she would be dead. Then sneak closer to the bandit camp, shoot the nearest bandit with a ranged weapon and run, then do the hit and run again

to finish him, go back to the bandit camp, cast Tenuous Grasp on the archer and attack her, before the confusion were off, charm the other bandit, and kill the archer, use

hit and run to finish the left bandit, and talk to the cook.

If you don't want to come back to this map again, head to the bear cave, sneak closer and cast Tenuous Grasp on one of the young bear then run to the entry, that bear can kill

young bear with a single hit. After all young bears are dead, cast Tenuous Grasp on the bear, see if it is moving a little bit far from the soul, if it is, go talk to the

soul, after finish talking, cast Tenuous Grasp on bear immediately, then run to the entry, leave the cave after leave combat.

Gilded Vale

You should have 4 stealth and 4 mechanics after reach here, go steal around, finish tasks and The smith's shipment quest, it is simple, just sneak and steal the quest item

then take it back to the smith. Leave other quests along. After all finished you should be level 4, put all skill points into stealth.

Before leaving, buy a rope from smith.

Caed Nua

0ba240aa5d086fd576b0a5aa97dfbf.jpg

Sneak through the bottom edge, then you will encounter a group of elements, confuse one or two of them then head to the door of main keep. Now prepare for S/L, in the main

keep, confuse those ghosts for many as you like, then run to the north east corner, that corner blocks enemy sight and you can talk to housecarl safely. Sneak head down to Old

Nua level 1, unlock the door lead to Maerwald by mechanics 4, after fight start, 3 elements will be summoned by Maerwald, confuse the Fire Blight(with +15 acc), then run out

of the room, if you are lucky Maerwald's fresh new chill fog and fire ball will clear out those elements out, if not, confuse a another element and do it again, don't forget you

can still attack with ranged weapon and elements are moving slowly. After elements are cleared out or left by1, lure Maerwald out, run around quickly to avoid his aoe attack, then lure the spiders out from the room in south east, if you didn't stuck by spider web, lure spider to attack Maerwald, charm the left element, the rest fight should be easy.

Unfinished...

The save load thing i noticed too but I avoid using it,its like editing iron man saves, its not really in the spirit of trial of iron-EG when i aggroed the entire of gilded vale i let it play out.

Like dont get me wrong still impressive but you dont have a legit triple crown if you didnt play with trial of iron properly

Edited by Ceranai
  • Like 7

Wait, what is the point of ironman mode, if it allows you to quit the game in combat without saving? I mean, you can't even blame player for using it, since its not cheating or bug/exploit. Its like adding new icon "god mode", next to player's inventory.

It's still very impressive and I congratulate you, but I want to see someone do it without cheesing in-combat reloads.

You'll never know unless they record the whole run :). Even then video can be just edited. So you'll never know unless they stream the whole run :).

Edited by MadDemiurg
  • Like 1

Actually you know if you can reproduce it.

---

edit: I am lead to believe that it is safer to draw beetles than spiders. As noted spiders can stuck. Also that corner did not work for me as it was closest to Phantoms and they could attack me there in 2.

Edited by knownastherat

It's still very impressive and I congratulate you, but I want to see someone do it without cheesing in-combat reloads.

You'll never know unless they record the whole run :). Even then video can be just edited. So you'll never know unless they stream the whole run :).
I know, but I'm very trusting and I'll probably believe their word. ;) But really, Obsidian should figure out a way to save in combat to avoid this situation. Edited by Rosveen
  • Like 1

I know, but I'm very trusting and I'll probably believe their word. ;) But really, Obsidian should figure out a way to save in combat to avoid this situation.

In my trial of iron run i pulled the skirmiser on the broken bridge onto the quest giver thinking i could kill him in time... turns out i cant and he died. too late now but i really regretted playing trial of iron in that moment as i neeeeeed the exp to hit lvl 4

Edited by Ceranai

Thing is, PotD ironman solo is still luck reliant due to everything having rolls (no no save you die spells makes me sad :)), and there are cases when you absolutely need that petrify trap to work. Maaaybe you can have enough accuracy to eliminate rng fails, but I'm not sure. Otherwise it can ruin your whole run without being able to reset the combat with exit.

Edited by MadDemiurg

The achievement is not interesting to me, how it was done it is.

ive found as a moonlike monk you can deal with most fights as you have crazy high DPS, stuns galore, and you can build tanky as you like. The main issue with this build is the lack of any kind of magic damage meaning vs foes with high deflection you are doooomed

Okay, I mean, sur congratulations on getting the achievement! But it's not a legit way to get it.

The point of ironman is to play the entire game with only ONE chance. Not multiple chances. By allowing yourself to quit and reload fights, you are giving yourself multiple chances. Which is, like I said, not the way it should be done.

There is also other issues I have with the way you got the achievements.

First, you have avoided the fights as much as possible by kitting the mobs using your mind control spells (tenuous graps, weapon of treason (which can be used out of combat)). So it is definitely not difficult to just use your spell, run away, use your spell, run away, use your spell, run away UNTIL there's one last mob standing. And from there you would just use tenuous graps and run past the last mob.

Second, you also probably sneaked past enemies when you could instead of fighting them. This is like if you would use a cheat, let's say an invisibility cheat, and you activate it and run through everything. What's the point? Really?

Third, I also think you skipped every side quests. Which is understandable, but meh, why. This game is supposed to be explored, not rushed.

So basically, you played the main quest only and skipped stuff as much as you could.

Now I'm not saying i'm not impressed. I'm actually very impressed. Especially with a cipher. Never thought it could be done! And some of the fights are scripted and you have no choice, but to go in. So I'm giving you all the credits for that.

BUT, we are yet to see someone do a triple crown legitimately.

Still, congratulations on your achievements!