Killed Raedric 2nd time, lost rep with Gilded Vale

A lesson to learn by americans who are assured other people neccesarily hate their tyrant leaders.

• Like 3

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I was also suprised with this outcome. I had thought i was doing a good thing. I guess if people live in ignorance, they wouldn't know any better.

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

You killed Raedric and everything was good for a time. Then Raedric came back and killed everyone in the castle. It's because of you that a freaking Death Knight, er... Death Guard is terrorizing Gilded Vale. A mortal tyrant is one thing, but an undead abomination? Maybe the Watcher should've left Gilded Vale alone in the first place...

It's not [Rational] but it's how the people might think.

A real life example would be helping a battered wife escape her abusive husband, only for him to retaliate by killing their kids. Chances are that she'll blame you and herself for getting her kids killed, never mind that it's entirely the fault of the husband.

You killed Raedric and everything was good for a time. Then Raedric came back and killed everyone in the castle. It's because of you that a freaking Death Knight, er... Death Guard is terrorizing Gilded Vale. A mortal tyrant is one thing, but an undead abomination? Maybe the Watcher should've left Gilded Vale alone in the first place...

It's not [Rational] but it's how the people might think.

A real life example would be helping a battered wife escape her abusive husband, only for him to retaliate by killing their kids. Chances are that she'll blame you and herself for getting her kids killed, never mind that it's entirely the fault of the husband.

But that still wouldnt make sense why youd lose reputation for killing him. If they were mad at you blaming you for his return then why wouldnt they be relieved when you destroy him. This really doesnt make any sense. ):

I had another quest that seemed backwards reputationwise like this. forgot the name but its in the area of the broken northern bridge of defiance bay. The shopkeeper from defiance bay has lost her cargo to destitute farmers gone looters. If you retrieve the cargo for her she smiles heads back to defiance bay and promises you a discount in her shop, and then you lose minor reputation with defiance bay. At least i did....

Remember that undead Raedric's first act when he came back to life was to kill Kolsc and everyone in the entire keep. So if you go over there and kill Raedric afterwards it's basically means the Vale now has no ruler at all. So they might be a tiny bit upset you basically cut the village of from the left of the nation and left it to tend for themselves since they no longer have any ruler at all. Never mind that both of them where horrible, at least they had someone to make sure the law was followed. Now they have nothing!

This seems to be a bug -- you get positive rep ["Extraordinary", I believe] for winning the combat.  This probably won't have any pratical impact on your reputation with Gilded Vale, because it has has been at the maximum since Act I.

However, if you enter the throne room afterwards (and it is the "quickest way out") you'll lose a significant ["Major"] amount of reputation with Gilded Vale, for no particular reason at all.  That impacts your reputation, thus it appears that you get a net negative impact.

My guess is that there is a script that fires in the throne room that checks to see if it is empty -- if it is, then it assumes that you are trying to "double dip" for equipment in Act I (by killing off both contenders), which would obviously be ground for a reputation penalty.  But that's just a guess.

If you exit the castle without passing through the throne room, all will be well, but you'll have to go out of your way to do this.

Just like the Broken Bridge Quest, it is broken (kinda funny, that).

By returning the loot, one should get a minor positive rating in Defiance.  Same goes for Raedric.

Both should be reported as bugs.

As for some of the justifications for this mentioned in this topic...the mind boggles.

A lesson to learn by americans who are assured other people neccesarily hate their tyrant leaders.

Well, that backfired, didn't it?

I suppose that is more hilarious than some of the justifications posted here.

Seriously, bugs, report, play on.

This seems to be a bug -- you get positive rep ["Extraordinary", I believe] for winning the combat.  This probably won't have any pratical impact on your reputation with Gilded Vale, because it has has been at the maximum since Act I.

However, if you enter the throne room afterwards (and it is the "quickest way out") you'll lose a significant ["Major"] amount of reputation with Gilded Vale, for no particular reason at all.  That impacts your reputation, thus it appears that you get a net negative impact.

My guess is that there is a script that fires in the throne room that checks to see if it is empty -- if it is, then it assumes that you are trying to "double dip" for equipment in Act I (by killing off both contenders), which would obviously be ground for a reputation penalty.  But that's just a guess.

If you exit the castle without passing through the throne room, all will be well, but you'll have to go out of your way to do this.

This guy is correct, if you DONT want the dip then walk over to the door that leads to the floor where the Priests were and then walk out onto the battlements to the vines you can scale down... 

I only noticed the rep drop after I'd gone down to the basement to check if the animancer was still around - I saw it just after I'd picked up the undead cat, and assumed it was because GV folks don't hold with no deathkitty