If PoE was made using Skyrim's engine...

Hold your pitchforks! 2D rules! 

In all seriousness, at times I'm reminded of wandering in Oblivion. Justin Bell was credited as the composer yes? His tracks remind me of Jeremy Soule's style. When I was strolling through Defiance Bay, I felt like I was walking through Imperial City. Rushing through Magran's Fork and Black Meadow are also reminiscent of wilderness treks in Oblivion/Skyrim. 

Still turn based tactical combat won't work in a Fallout-esque context. VATS to cast Fan of Flames and Blizzard? Chokepoints in an open world? Even the dungeons of Skyrim don't have much tight corridors if memory serves.... But solo stealth would work. And at least dps magics have the right numbers in PoE. 

Ah one can dream. Ok, rant over. The 2D defense force can get to work now. 

"So? Go back and play Skyrim!"

"This is for IE fans, if you want 3D go play DAO or Witcher 2!"

"Meh, I'll gladly take polished pre-rendered backgrounds over buggy 3D crap anyday!"

• Like 2

TES is my favorite game series, but... what? A tactical party-based RPG on Skyrim's engine? Lol no. But at least it would be wonderfully moddable, so there's that.

DAO is probably the closest thing to what you want.

"So? Go back and play Skyrim!"

"This is for IE fans, if you want 3D go play DAO or Witcher 2!"

"Meh, I'll gladly take polished pre-rendered backgrounds over buggy 3D crap anyday!"

Ah are these for us to choose from? How kind of you!

I would take 2 and 3 please:) 

....although - please don't compare DAO with Skyrim:)

• Like 2

If we're making requests that'll never happen, I want edgelord Avellone to find a way to squeeze in Mortal Kombat levels of disquieting gore.

Not saying being an edgelord is a bad thing providing you're not being edgy for the sake of being edgy. I'm just calling it like I (metaphorically) see it.

• Like 1

First, it has nothing to do with 2d/3d, it's more a matter of which perspective you prefer. I just love the isometric view, it's so much better suited for tactical combat, the latest Dragon Age made this very obvious. Dragon Age: Origins or Divinity: Original Sin on the other hand were proofs, that 3d graphics also work with isometric view, even though I prefer Pillars more detailed backgrounds, 3d graphics tend to look way more comic like, the details are simply not good enough with our current tech.

Oh and I enjoy Elder Scrolls games for what they are, immersive exploring action adventures ;)

• Like 1

In Skyrim of Eternity...

1. Quest critical NPCs would Leeroy Jenkins into the bad guys and get killed. In fact, there is a very popular mod that makes NPCs hide indoors in case of vampire/dragon attacks. In the unmodded game, unarmed NPCs, including merchants, would charge into dragons and die in droves. My Imperial Dovahkiin was dismayed to see several Nordic NPCs fight a dragon barehanded. The stupid blacksmith got killed so I couldn't sell off my loot, though I did get a letter a while later saying that I was named one of his heirs (because he liked me) and that he left some stuff for me.

2. Watcher: *Puts on amulet of marriage*

Random NPC: Are you single?

Watcher: Yes.

Random NPC: Do you like me?

Watcher: Yes.

*Wedding*

• Like 5

The combat music in magran's area was amazing, I hope that combat track is in other places in the game.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Hell no.

So much detail would be lost if it was put in Skyrim. 3D model acting is terrible. Think of all the dialogue and narration about describing the facial expressions and body language of characters and events that exists in Pillars of Eternity right now....90% of that would be lost if transferred over to 3D talking heads that will never be able to communicate the same depth of character.

The stupid blacksmith got killed so I couldn't sell off my loot, though I did get a letter a while later saying that I was named one of his heirs (because he liked me) and that he left some stuff for me.

Imo the blacksmith did the smart thing and faked his death:) 

....I can imagine being forced to buy all the junk adventurers like to drag (for some reason). Oh the horror!

"Show me what you have for trade! Oh just one moment to...drag...this...junk and sell you few things...."

• Like 1

The only thing I'd like to be in PoE from Skyrim is the art direction for their architecture. Buildings in PoE are a little generic, whereas in Skyrim I could tell if they belonged to the Nords, Breton, and other culture.

Otherwise 2D all the way.

Let EoS be EoS, and let PoE be PoE.

One of the things I dislike the most is when devs takes one of my favourite sagas and make a different game out of it. Why? firstly because changing it usually means never comming back to how it was, and how I liked it. If people asks for a sequel of a game is because they liked that game. If people gets tired of that kind of game and the sales drops, then let it rest.

I think the culprit is the people. We, as consumers usually buy things with a name we know. Sales of Resident evil 26, Final fantasy 8.645.32 or new super new best mario bros N+1 sells much better than new saga with a super cool new system. That's why when a formula is over or another works better, the classic gets screwed.

So, don't worry, you will have a new Elder of Scrolls and you will have a new Pillars of eternity, and certainly if PoE becomes more popular another developers will make a game that might suit your tastes better. But please, keep PoE as the PoE fan wants it. PoE is the spiritual sucessor of Baldur's Gate, and that's what the people who backed it wanted. As fans of the original saga, it was taken out of our hands once, do not ask for a second.

Yeah well, if any remake is going to happen Torment and BG 2 gets priority in the queue. Just throwing it out here...

I don't have many good things to comment about Bioware post KotoR. Let's just leave it at that. Read: didn't like DA and ME series. I did thoroughly enjoy New Vegas though. 

I don't have many good things to comment about Bioware post KotoR. Let's just leave it at that. Read: didn't like DA and ME series. I did thoroughly enjoy New Vegas though. 

...how could you?! 

Joking...I understand if you don't...especially ME (although to be fair it was a very different game - especially 2&3). Personally I liked Jade Empire and dream they will do JE2....

Any really good looking fireballs? Like FF 7's Bahamut CG level of good looking. Spell effects have really been underwhelming so far. I think the last game that did Meteor right was Kingdoms of Amalur. But that's all WoW like visuals. I'm looking at more realistic ones. Witcher 2 has some awesome background graphics and lovely models, but I'm not so sure I have fond memories of its spell animations? 

Skyrim's dragons were lively. If only Destruction magics was coded right. Stun-locking with low damage fire crackers...pfft. I want to bring a dragon to its knees with my fireballs! 

edit: Dragon's Domga's dragons and chimera were really well animated too. Too bad the town's graphics and characters look bland and horribly superficial, like dolls talking and walking. 

Edited by Blackthane