There was an extended discussion on Wood elf vs Orlan bonus (+5acc vs 10% hit to crit) which concluded with +5acc being superior in almost (if not) all situations (as the increased accuracy resulted in more crits and less misses). While the .3 multiplier is different than the 10% hit to crit, I would think the same logic applies (it is better to, overall, hit more). But maybe you could build a character to take more advantage of the .3 modifier. A crit focused build.

The 2nd link is broken not sure how to edit the post. But basically it's +5 accuracy vs +.3 crit dmg modifier (i guess +100% dmg becomes 130% dmg on crits is what it means).

So which one would be better?

Regular crits do 50% more base damage, not 100%.  So the altered crit would go from +50% to +80%.

wait, what? I thought myself to be a completionist, but I never got one of those three bonus talents. What the hell did I miss, another bug? lol

Kindly answer this gentleman's question, someone! For it is also mine.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

wait, what? I thought myself to be a completionist, but I never got one of those three bonus talents. What the hell did I miss, another bug? lol

you can't get both the Dozen's and the Knight's bonuses, because they are rivaling factions, when you progress beyond the 2nd quest with 1 faction, the other will stop dealing with you.

Not sure about the Doemenel(sp?) guys, since I didn't deal with them

Kindly answer this gentleman's question, someone! For it is also mine.

Check your main character's character sheet.  If you represented one of the factions in the hearings then you should have gotten one of the faction's faction-specific talents.  (I believe it is possible to get none of them, if you aren't friendly with any of the factions and get into the hearings the fourth way.)

For those out there who consider themselves completionists, sorry, but you can only get one of the three on any given playthough.  Maybe playing the game three times and side with a different faction each time will satisfy.

+0.3 crit multiplier is huge because the default is +0.5... Definately go for house doemenel if your main character is dps. Buff your acc in fights and you'll hurt a lot with crits.

Edited by tnc