Can we please get some decent item tooltips ? [minor spoilers]

Heya :)

So, I'm close to finishing Defiance Bay, been questing like mad and got a ton of items, and vendors selling a whole lot of items. The problem is, I don't know what any of them do.

The Larder Door for example, the shield you get from the blacksmith quest at Gilded Vale. It says it grants bashing, but there's no explanation what it does. Now, I googled it and got an answer, sort of. All I understood it's used as an off-hand weapon of sorts.

But there are a TON of items like that, especially on vendors with high prices, that I have no idea what they do.

Shod-in-Faith boots you can buy from the forge-master at the Crucible Knights place. It's well and good it says Spell Holding: Consecrated Ground - Grants Consecrated Ground. But what is this Consecrated Ground ? What does it do ? I tried to buy it, and equip it, but I see no added effects or spells.

Also, a lot of Spell Striking items. I read somewhere what they do, and I understand. But all of those items need to have proper, clickable, tooltips that show the proper spell description and an explanation how they work. I can't go around buying everything and looking for a fight to test those items :/

Edited by Maydawn
  • Like 3

Yeah I agree some info on items is lacking, I think it's mostly on effects that grant other effects, there is description for the parent effect (which basically just says that it's granting the effect) but not for the child effect

You could try the official wiki and unofficial wiki people will update it with items' effects as they figure out what they do

Join the Orcz and help scribe everything that goes on in the world of Pillars of Eternity!

The Unofficial Pillars of Eternity Wiki

Oh, some of this is slighty spoilerz.... I haven't been to these places yet

Sorry, fixed the topic :)

Thanks for letting me know !

Yeah I agree some info on items is lacking, I think it's mostly on effects that grant other effects, there is description for the parent effect (which basically just says that it's granting the effect) but not for the child effect

You could try the official wiki and unofficial wiki people will update it with items' effects as they figure out what they do

Tried those places, atleast for the boots I couldn't find anything :\

I just wish the parent effect [as you described it] would be on the cyclopedia, and the spell effect clickable for a tooltip popup with spell / effect description

EDIT: After googling "consecrated ground" I found it's the same effect as the 2nd level priest spell of the same name, but still, would be handy if I didn't have to google stuff each time <.<

Edited by Maydawn

The unoffical wiki is miles beyond the official wiki, btw. Official one has so much misinformation I'm not even sure what's true anymore after I read it. :p

Regarding the OP: Absolutely. Need moar tooltips.