Field Triage does not scale with level

Hey,

I don't know if this was discussed before, but Field Triage does not improve when you level up. I'm level 10 now and the skill is quite useless. I can have 3 of my characters use it someone and their situation barely improved. I am quite sad that I have decided to pick this up on 3 of my characters, along with the more powerful self only version on my tanks. It's quite useless now.

I think this should be fixed somehow, maybe just a little bit. I chose it because I thought that I could prolong the time I could keep going between rests, but right now it's not helping at all. Not in combat either.

Field Triage is *supposed* to be minor and  talents never scale. I always understood as, combined with Wound Binding, it's simply a way to help ensure you can get to a point to rest if you find yourself stuck in a dungeon with no camping supplies or something.

Yeah, I got that on Eder, and while it was quite useful for the first couple of levels it then became redundant pretty quickly. But that's what first playthroughs are for, to figure out stuff like this so you can optimize better on your next run.

Also, since the beginning of the game is much harder than the later stages, having a talent that is helpful in the first 25% can still end up helping you more than something that provides a smaller benefit for the whole game. So I'm not sure it's a dud talent pick even on subsequent playthroughs.

Or you can have the best of both worlds, even, by giving the talent to a character you use early on but plan to replace later.

If it's something almost no one is going to pick next time around, however, then one starts to wonder what the point is of having it at all. It would have been better as something that wasn't tied to your precious talent/skill-point-spending, perhaps. Like if it was something you got after putting 4 points into Survival, for example. I consider those points less "precious."

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I find it to be a pretty valuable talent.

Oftentimes one of my party members will be low on health, but the others are good to go for another fight or two. Field Triage lets me keep fighting for one or two (or three or four) more fights. I think that's worthwhile.

It really just should scale with level.  Like OP said, it's useless outside of Act I.  Don't make players regret choosing what through careful consideration seemed like something useful.

Edited by durbal