16 Might, 16 Con., and 15 Dex.   I want Constitution for additional hit points.  15 dex. to compensate for having medium armor speed.  I plan on using a small shield with 8 deflection.  I think I will steal the fighters armor for 7 damage reduction and I think piercing immunity.

I sort of wanted to get more deflection but it's only 1 point per deflection for Barbarian so it didn't seem worth it.

Any advice? should I get a medium shield?  More armor?  DW or 2-handed? 

I'm playing on easy until I get to town and then on normal.

If you want to be tanky don't raise your constitution, raise your per/res. I know it sounds weird but deflection>endurance/hp BY FAR. If you can stack it high enough you just can't die.

Like tnc is saying, it might seem counter-intuitive, but you'd be far better off dumping con and putting the points into per/res to get deflection and the other defensive stats. Deflection in this game is the most important, because it's the melee characters that are typically going to shred you.

Deflection barb is going to be pretty subpar though, since they start with 10 and have like 1 talent that temporarily increases it. Imo retaliation barb has better chances at killing all the opposition than deflection barb tanking for long enough.

if you wanna play a tank barbarian...

actually, we got nothing.  ain't seen a decent poe tank barbarian build.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Deflection barb is going to be pretty subpar though, since they start with 10 and have like 1 talent that temporarily increases it. Imo retaliation barb has better chances at killing all the opposition than deflection barb tanking for long enough.

It doesn't matter if they start with 10 deflection. There are so many buffs and items in this game that increase deflection that it's not a problem after a certain point in the game. You can reach 120+ deflection in act 2. Getting high def stats at start will just make it easier to reach that sweet deflection spot. Barbarians already have high endurance, there really is no need to raise cons. it's a really small boost anyway.

Barb makes a great off-tank that can put out obscene damage, but not so much main tank.

Carnage + Plate and Retaliation Gear + One Stands Alone and Hold the Line + Draining Weapon + Moon God = fun times.  There are too many ways to put the stats spread, I haven't decided on optimal build.  You can just dump Res/Per to get hit more, and pump Con for more damage soak while constant healing yourself. Or the opposite and try to max out Deflect.  Might 17 or more, Dex can stay 10, Int 14~.

> In the above build I recently just hit everyone around me with 30-50 damage with a Carnage procc with DW two Drain weapons.  

> Retaliation is hitting 30-50 as well, wtf. One Stand Alone seems OP bugged.

Edited by Dongom

if you wanna play a tank barbarian...

actually, we got nothing.  ain't seen a decent poe tank barbarian build.

HA! Good Fun!

exactly

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine