Pilgrim's Crown (for Fine enchantments) a limited resource?

Is there a renewable source of this crafting ingredient, or am I limited to how many are in the open world? I made a few Fine enchantments that I now regret - not a big deal if I can get more Pilgrim's Crown, but probably going to reload if not.

I don't remember for sure, but I found that there's quite a few around, and after a while you'll be moving on to Superior anyway. I don't think a few unwise enchantments will screw you over.

The ONLY enchantment that has a hard cap on how many you can do is the Superb armor enchant. You can only do that one twice, as far as I know.

The Superb weapon enchantment may also be the same.

Every other enchant you'll be able to do almost infinitely, if you have the money.

Yes, I was starved for Pilgrim's Crown so I can give +2 Might to the hottie Sagani. I finally generated it with Botanical Garden. Just when I found it, I also got a +3 Might belt, and with stat suppression mechanics it meant I no longer needed the Crown :-).

Also, I wouldn't be so sure about not generating ingredients for Superb enchantment. Curio shop generates body parts in your treasury chest, much like Botanical Garden. Unless someone knows for sure Storm Dragon Eyes don't generate because they're a special case, it's possible.

In a way, the hardest type of ingredient is gemstones. You can buy some, but not all of them in shops. Botanical Garden can generate plants, Curio Shop body parts. There's nothing for random generation of gems.

Edited by b0rsuk

I think you can also buy them in Twin Elms, at lest some times. I did. Also, at night in Ondra's Gift there's a secret merchant that sells all the rare gems. You have to complete a task before you talk to him, to get a password, but I did it on accident without even knowing it.

Edited by Katarack21

Botanical Garden = unlimited pilgrims crowns so don't shy away from using up the ones you have. At first they are rare (only 4 before act 2), so save them to add fine to unique weapons. Try to get the botanical garden built first and then you will get lots.

I thought its per turn or day or something?

If that's the case then in my next game I will rush to Caed Nua, and rest spam until the garden is built before doing anything else.

Stronghold turns are based on quest completion.

If that's the case then in my next game I will rush to Caed Nua, and rest spam until the garden is built before doing anything else.

That's kinda crappy. Are there only a limited number of turns in the game, then? If so, are they more than enough to get everything done? Or are there repeatable quests of some sort? I've only just taken Caed Nua, so I'm not very far in the game.

That's kinda crappy. Are there only a limited number of turns in the game, then? If so, are they more than enough to get everything done? Or are there repeatable quests of some sort? I've only just taken Caed Nua, so I'm not very far in the game.

You have a lot of time to do stuff.

If you're really worried, then just rest in Caed Nua over and over to pass the time while you build it up. Then resume doing quests.

Yes so for future playthroughs do Caed Nua right after taking to the dead dwarf without finishing a single other quest, then rest spam until the botanical garden is built, and then do the rest of the game.

I'm not sure you understand it correctly - it's not just the plants that are quest-driven, it's everything in the stronghold. They're driven by "turns", which happen when you do quests. So you'd have to keep questing in order to unlock the ability to continue building stuff anyway. Or at least that's what I thought.

Not to mention that to do the fights and boss battle to even unlock the stronghold you'll have had to do at least some questing. I had a full party (4 companions + 1 adventurer) at level 4 and I still got my ass kicked a few times unlocking Caed Nua.

It's probably not that big a deal - I'd imagine that even though they are technically limited, you get more than you need as long as you're somewhat judicious with your enchants. I think I will reload to before I enchanted that stuff though. Gonna save enchants for unique items. Especially since enchanting vanilla armor and weapons doesn't even make them look any different (though that could be a blessing in the case of padded armor - I hate the Fine padded armor :p). 

Edited by Matt516

You have a lot of time to do stuff.

If you're really worried, then just rest in Caed Nua over and over to pass the time while you build it up. Then resume doing quests.

Better:

Go to Stonewall Gorge prior to the opening of the river. Click the little plate down on the left side of the dungeon opening. It has a "Wait and see" button that you can just click to pass 8 hours, over and over again, as much as you want until Act 3 opens the path and that thing is no longer clickable. Don't have to wait on the sleep screen.

• Like 1

Yes so for future playthroughs do Caed Nua right after taking to the dead dwarf without finishing a single other quest, then rest spam until the botanical garden is built, and then do the rest of the game.

I'm not sure you understand it correctly - it's not just the plants that are quest-driven, it's everything in the stronghold. They're driven by "turns", which happen when you do quests. So you'd have to keep questing in order to unlock the ability to continue building stuff anyway. Or at least that's what I thought.

The construction itself happens in game time, not turns.

Almost everything else is turns, i.e. quest completion.

Anyway, to stop everything dead until you got the Botanical Garden is a bit extreme. The game really isn't that short on turns; there are quite some Pilgrim's Crowns in the game world and in shops, and it's not as if you needed them in huge quantities.

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Heh. No idea. They're both hyperbolic words and I don't think either is really objectively more intense than the other - Obsi just picked one, I guess. Not something I'm really concerned with. ;P

Heh. No idea. They're both hyperbolic words and I don't think either is really objectively more intense than the other - Obsi just picked one, I guess. Not something I'm really concerned with. ;P

It's true that they might not be objectively worse or better than each other but I find that the word "exceptional" is a lot stronger. If it's a machine producing magic items, that particular item was an EXCEPTION to what the machine usually produces. An anomaly, it wasn't supposed to be that good, the machine was only supposed to be producing "superb" quality items. :)

Or imagine going to an in-game shopkeeper selling a mix of good and great magic items. If you pass a skill check you can access his "exceptional" stash, which is of course much better than the "fine" and even "superb" items that he normally sells because, you know, they're exceptions.  

Edited by KingNee

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Pilgrim's was a bottleneck for me as well, there was not nearly enough in the first two acts. You can finally buy some in Twin Elms right when Fine becomes obsolete.

Rushing to Act III really is the best option since it opens up a plethora amount of weapon/crafting choice.