Please, Please, Please, automate resting in the stronghold

I don't mind going back for a nap,  but If we could just get a rest button in the stronghold ui, that we can hit when we're in Cad Nua,  but deactivated elsewhere, kind of like the party button... That would be much appreciated... and make me feel better about putting time and money into renovating the place... without a ton of loading screens between me and my investments..

Maybe right under the security token?

• Like 6

This would definitely help, but its just a band aid to the big problem of the resting limitations and having to travel to resupply camp gear in general.  Someone had a suggestion for opening resting in the open/safe locations, but limit resting in dungeons which seems more reasonable.

I don't think that you're going to get movement on resting limitations,  since it's been a foundation of the game for years.   

No save scumming for rest spammers :)  

I think the current limitations could be lifted a bit if they included random dungeon encounters on rest,  but guaranteed an rest encounter if the last save point is less then a minute :) ... though that's a bit gamey...

I personally still dont understand how this works!

So I have to go to the second level of brighthollow then USE camping supplies to rest?!

No you go to the second level and use the bed in the big room next to the stairway. Can't miss it.

Just to add as well, there's more use to the second floor than resting, such as talking with companions that aren't in your party. Had completely forgotten about one companion and got caught up in their story and started their quest by a friendly chat in the room they we're standing in.

I personally still dont understand how this works!

So I have to go to the second level of brighthollow then USE camping supplies to rest?!

No you go to the second level and use the bed in the big room next to the stairway. Can't miss it.

Just to add as well, there's more use to the second floor than resting, such as talking with companions that aren't in your party. Had completely forgotten about one companion and got caught up in their story and started their quest by a friendly chat in the room they we're standing in.

Ohhh thats cool!  I have a completely made party, all the characters Ive never gotten to play in PnP game I made here! haha

I don't think that you're going to get movement on resting limitations,  since it's been a foundation of the game for years.   

No save scumming for rest spammers :)

I think the current limitations could be lifted a bit if they included random dungeon encounters on rest,  but guaranteed an rest encounter if the last save point is less then a minute :) ... though that's a bit gamey...

I don´t think he´s talking about that, but rather that you have to go all the way up to Brighthallows 2nd floor if you want to rest in your Stronghold.

I second that. It´s a rather small annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. Would be nice to not always have to pass this four (!) loading screens, just to rest. :-)

The Brighthollow sleeping bonuses are terrible. The only one I notice is +1 to Mechanics skill. They are so small I initially thought it would grant ALL of the listed bonuses upon resting, especially that you can't take the stronghold with you and traveling to-from it is not feasible. It's basically only for Endless Path, and even that teases you by dropping camping supplies every now and then.

I don't mind going back for a nap,  but If we could just get a rest button in the stronghold ui, that we can hit when we're in Cad Nua,  but deactivated elsewhere, kind of like the party button... That would be much appreciated... and make me feel better about putting time and money into renovating the place... without a ton of loading screens between me and my investments..

Maybe right under the security token?

I like the stronghold quests and the building fb game, but I agree with the OP, four loading screens to go sleep is too much. When you exausted the dialog options with your companions there is no real reason to go there ( in fact, there is no real reason to go anywhere in the stronghold except the salon and your bed)

Maybe you can rest outside, or in the first floor?. It would be nice if you can take your taxes and stuff outside too, because you have another two loadscreens to go...

Maybe it is my pc, but my loading time is a little slow, so its kind of annoying.

Loading Screen to Caed Nua.

Loading Screen to Brighthollow.

Loading Screen to Second Floor.

Sleep.

Repeat in reverse.

Yeah, no, this might not be an issue for people with a top of the line computer and an SSD, but this is pretty damn annoying to the rest of us. I never go to Caed Nua to rest because of it. I'm not sure I would, even if this was "fixed", but that's somewhat beside the point.

The way every single area in PoE has a major loading screen is pretty annoying, actually. In the IE games, interior locales loaded instantly, save for a few cases.

t50aJUd.jpg