Questions to Dev's - take 3

1. for force powers, does the dmg stay the same always? will the dmg go up as you level higher?

2. if the enemy is a lot lower level than you (maybe 5-10), will there be some way to kill them in 1 hit?

3. will time of day change? (if not dynamically then when you move from one map to another on a world)

4. when you start a new game to switch from light to dark side or other way around, will you know generally whats going to happen next until the ending fmv? (will you be doing the same quests)

5. will there be any invincible enemies that you fight? (calo nord the first time you fight him and malak also the first time you fight. malak can be hurt but not killed. both fights are cheap since the game cheats to let them always win, it doesnt seem like a fair fight)

6. will you be able to kick people off your ship if they get annoying (carth)

"Whoa, now that just isn't right. Console punk, eh? I brought a Xbox, so I am a punk?

Nice way to show that you deserve something, and just how mature you are, because with that attitude, if I were in charge, you wouldn't be getting anything.

If you're going to go on being like that, then go right ahead, because it's making you look worse."

You see the abuse us xbox owners get? Just because we get a game like two months earlier all the PC users are crying and carrying on like animals...insulting everyone for no good reason....Its been five days already....let it go...jesus!!!

OK OK sorry xbox people.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

OK OK sorry xbox people.

Us PCers will probably get a game that's less buggy with more content anyway. I'm not too worried.

1. The "extra content" will be the X-box live material, if anything.

2. Just because the release is delayed, doesn't mean the game gets extra work in terms of bug fixing. You have to consider that the game is/was scheduled to be done at a certain date and that the devs left on it were to move to a new project or position on NWN2 after that. They can't push those commitments back just because they have more time to polish K2 for the PC. Plus, LA still might want the game in their hands and completed by the original specified date. As the devs have said, that date didn't change just because the release date got moved up 2 months.

PC isn't delayed, Xbox was just moved up.  ;)

Wrong, but you'll have to read a few threads to figure out why, I'm tired of explaining

Akari said somewhere that Febuary '05 was what they were shooting for origionally, and he said nothing has changed. LucasArts just decided that they could massproduce USA Xbox KOTOR2 discs, maybe, or maybe KOTOR2 has been going well, we don't know.

We do know that they're still working on the game. Adding languages.

Febuary 2005 was the release date if you'd read game sites from about a month or two back. Moving up a release date does not mean that the other version is delayed - a delay in a game is something along the lines of a Half-Life 2 delay, or a Doom 3 delay or a Warcraft 3 delay. . .Et cetera. That means that the date has been moved back from the origional date. That is not the case with KOTOR 2.

A question for the arteests:

What does the basic "clothing" look like now? Will we get something along the lines of Bastila's surcoat from k1? Or will we get more klunky unpleasant to the eyes outfits? (The soldier outfit. The only nice thing about that was the dagger strapped to your leg. Mmm, dagger.)

Fnord.

Akari said somewhere that Febuary '05 was what they were shooting for origionally, and he said nothing has changed. LucasArts just decided that they could massproduce USA Xbox KOTOR2 discs, maybe, or maybe KOTOR2 has been going well, we don't know.

We do know that they're still working on the game. Adding languages.

Febuary 2005 was the release date if you'd read game sites from about a month or two back. Moving up a release date does not mean that the other version is delayed - a delay in a game is something along the lines of a Half-Life 2 delay, or a Doom 3 delay or a Warcraft 3 delay. . .Et cetera. That means that the date has been moved back from the origional date. That is not the case with KOTOR 2.

Yes, but thats not entirely the case, as the DID say the game would be out "before the holidays ...winter 2004"

This thread will explain it, but lets not continue this here

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=17563&st=0

Just as a general question, whats the deal with "Winter 200x" meaning the whole season the winter begins in and ignoring the change of year in the middle?  Why do companies use this system?

The simple answer is that it is the season, and the year asscoiated with it is the year the season starts.

as far as why companies use this system... I don't know. maybe because if you said "winter 2005" people would wonder if that means Jan-Feb or December. but then I have never understood why the calendar splits the seasons either.

Just as a general question, whats the deal with "Winter 200x" meaning the whole season the winter begins in and ignoring the change of year in the middle?  Why do companies use this system?

The simple answer is that it is the season, and the year asscoiated with it is the year the season starts.

as far as why companies use this system... I don't know. maybe because if you said "winter 2005" people would wonder if that means Jan-Feb or December. but then I have never understood why the calendar splits the seasons either.

My guess is for the exact reason that's happening now. LucasArts can now use the excuse of the "prolonged" calendar to suggest they never intended a december release, whereas if this absurd calendar didn't exist, they'd have no excuse.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's curious how devs have stopped posting, even to answer the so-called legitimate and on topic questions. If there's stuff they can't say, then they can say that their contract doesn't let them say such and get on with answering real questions. If they just don't want to talk about it, they don't have to. If it's that there's nothing positive they can say then perhaps that should be considered in future business with LA. Things don't go away when ignored. If they're just too busy working on the game, then good for them!

the devs already said all they need to. its pretty easy to figure what happened, why the pc is coming 2 months after the xbox. if they didnt get the code for the pc for at least a couple months after they got the xbox code, there is no way its going to be a dual platform release without pushing the release date of a finished one back.

also if you notice, its lucas arts that makes all the official announcements about release dates and that kind of thing. so if they're in charge of all that stuff, it'd be up to them to announce correct themselves when a dual platform release was no longer possible. lucas arts being all about the money now saw no reason to announce this in terms of making them more money so it didnt get out.

there is nothing more to ask obsidian or any dev working on the game about why the pc and international xbox is being released 2 months later.

that being said, i have a question about the pc version. i know we're not allowed to mod the game, but based on what you know about kotor 1 mods how hard will it be to mod kotor 2?

that being said, i have a question about the pc version. i know we're not allowed to mod the game, but based on what you know about kotor 1 mods how hard will it be to mod kotor 2?

Unless it's changed since they last responded to this, I believe the Morgan man stated that it wouldn't be any more or less difficult than KOTOR 1. A vague answer, but basically saying if you found KOTOR 1 hard to mod, then KOTOR 2 will be as well. If you found KOTOR 1 easy to mod, then KOTOR 2 should be as well.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

if they didnt get the code for the pc for at least a couple months after they got the xbox code, there is no way its going to be a dual platform release without pushing the release date of a finished one back.

Based on what the devs have said: that is misinformed and just wrong.

I posted a link a few posts up, follow it and read if you want "what we know" laid out.

Oh, I'm sure that if it were their eighth game they would just phone it in. :)

Also: Does somebody actually pay you to be such a ****wit?

You don't think this being their first project allows for any more emphasis?

A lesser product doesn't mean no effort. There are other things then all out effort, and no effort, if ya didn't know.

I was just curious if they pushed harder then they may normally, because they want the name 'Obsidian' to take a big recognition to the people who havent heard much about Black Isle. In the gaming industry I think a lot of emphasis is put on the name of the game, or developer then probably should be.

And I'm not a gaming business expert. But it seems to me a first title from a developer is very pivitol. I find your rant rather angry and feeble. Even if they worked as hard as they would on anything. I dont think the question is so off that it merits your flaming.

Ambrosia3.gif