Questions to Dev's - take 3

I dismissed the inconsistency myself on the count that I couldn't stop laughing. :lol: Even recalling it now puts a grin on my face :) .

[Edit]

Actually that brings up another question, will there be more of the same humour?

I mean I can't even remember all the time I spent laughing at some of the wicked exchanges the characters had. Even the options I didn't take were funny enough just reading them, the consequences were dire enough for most of them. The one that floored me though, was when (if you're using a male PC) Bastila drags you to the ****pit of the 'Hawk and starts with the melodrama. Near the end of her spiel you can drop the bombshell: "... Sorry Bastila, that starship won't fly." I didn't even get a chance to pick the line before I fell off my chair laughing. :o Of course I figured she would whack me to the deck, so I decided to play it safe :ph34r: . Found out later, she's more in control of her emotions (or at least her reflexes) than I thought. :)

I hear (or rather read somewhere) that the person who's doing up the dialogue is putting more of an edge to the humour.

I'm pretty sure I noticed it my first or second time. Probably the second, because I was too busy obsessing over the storyline the first time (it flows so nicely in the beggining, but it drops off after Dantooine, and doesn't even try to pick up until the Leviathon. Then it drops back off.). Anywho, that's just the kind of thing I notice.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

hes a sith marauder the equivalent of Jedi guardian

I believe the Sith Marauder is the equilvelent to the Jedi Weaponmaster. They are both prestege class (i.e. you can't choose them at 1st level) equivelents to Guardian.

However you can start as a Guardian, Consular or Sentinal and still take eather prestege class.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Will we get a PINK lightsaber? ;) :D :ph34r:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Two questions:

1a. I've read something about pets or something, how are they going to help me, I mean are they going to attack or give me a power boost or something.

1b. If what I've heard about pets are true can we get a gizka.

2. Can you plan your attacks better then the first game, can you make strategies, or can you line up more attacks. In the first game you could only line up 4 attacks, which was sometims annoying

sorry if these were answered already I don't have time to read 50 pages of posts.

Questions:

1. Are LS protection powers going to stay nerfed? (Force Aura-Force Armor)? 20 sec is quite useless as it is now.

2. Will it be possible to use Affect/Dominate in/before a battle to calm an enemy (preferably getting xp for this as well)?

3. Will Force Camouflage be a common power and/or better yet, be free/given to sentinels?

4. Will lightsaber throwing remain the FP hog as it is now?

Thanks.

Did you ever note that you HAVE to have Canderous with you.  Meaning you can only take Carth OR Bastila (or neither of them).  So it wasn't a Jedi and a war hero.  It was one or neither.

You'd think Bioware would have put some effort into the cutscenes...

As of that moment Malak knows nothing of the Davik Kang's final encounter so his question is quite understandable. It seems that Calo Nord uses the opportunity to unduly stress his steadfastness.

Hey Dev's I have a few questions that you might or might not be able to answer at this point in time.

1) Will we be able to upgrade the Ebon Hawk? (i.e. upgrade weapons, sheilds, etc.)

2) Will there be some lightside offensive powers this time around?

3) Will non-party NPCs react differently to you when your DS than LS? (I think this has been answered though I forget the answer that was given).

3b) will non-party NPCs react differently to you depending on the way your dressed (i.e. if your in your underwear will they refuse to talk to you or if your in DS rodes will they run with fear)?

4) Saying there is LS/ DS artifacts in the game will they be able to be upgraded?

5) will there be another way of getting around on a planet other than running?

6) How many different type of robes will there be?

7) any Idea what the system spec will be yet for KOTOR II?

;) Will there be some speacial crystals be available at the time the game is released or will they have to be downloaded after like KOTOR?

Thanks for your time and the info!

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

A question with a set-up: In KOTOR, there was a scene many players felt frustrated by on the Leviathan. Namely, in order to proceed, you had to beat Malak until he was on the verge of death before Bastila jumped in and 'saved' you while sacrificing herself.

Given that Malak was painfully easy in this fight, leading many people to wonder why they couldn't just finish him off right then and there, if there are any similiar battles in KOTOR II, is it possible to set them up so that they end when you are nearing death?

That way, your opponent could (for that battle) incredibly overmatch you and pummel you into the ground, giving you both more respect for them and making the 'NPC coming in and saving you' thing less forced.

Or is it a problem with the game engine?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

As of that moment Malak knows nothing of the Davik Kang's final encounter so his question is quite understandable. It seems that Calo Nord uses the opportunity to unduly stress his steadfastness.

I can't remember the exact quote, but Malak questions Saul as to where he got the information, then Saul says it was an eyewitness. Calo then walks up as if on cue.

Now, where would Malak have gotten the idea that Bastila and Carth were there? We know it was an eyewitness. And they imply SO FREAKING HARD that Calo provided them this specific information, it isn't even funny.

I can't remember the exact quote, but Malak questions Saul as to where he got the information, then Saul says it was an eyewitness. Calo then walks up as if on cue.

Now, where would Malak have gotten the idea that Bastila and Carth were there? We know it was an eyewitness. And they imply SO FREAKING HARD that Calo provided them this specific information, it isn't even funny.

It becomes even funnier when you complete Davik's estate with Mission in your party.

I wonder if they would have hired Calo if they knew he was spanked by a 14 year old girl?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Do Sith bases have more security systems than just mines and turrets? How about lasers? If you trip one, some prototype assault droid comes and attempts to kick your butt all the way to the Core Worlds. The only way to detect a laser is to use a droid.

Or a security skill check (which I would prefer...make skills more useful).

[offtopic]

I can't remember the exact quote, but Malak questions Saul as to where he got the information, then Saul says it was an eyewitness.

Now, where would Malak have gotten the idea that Bastila and Carth were there?  We know it was an eyewitness.  And they imply SO FREAKING HARD that Calo provided them this specific information, it isn't even funny.

I'll check, if you want me to, but as I remember it was M: 'Who assisted her' S:'a decorated war hero' M:'Interesting. How did you obtain this info?' and so on and so forth. As for Bastila - she was M's original target on Taris, was she not? So Malak's lines are good and sound, imo. If you'd ask how did Carth get identified at all, that'd be teh meestary.

I say, give BW a slap when they deserve it, give them the benefit of the doubt otherwise. ;)

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]
I can't remember the exact quote, but Malak questions Saul as to where he got the information, then Saul says it was an eyewitness.

Now, where would Malak have gotten the idea that Bastila and Carth were there?  We know it was an eyewitness.  And they imply SO FREAKING HARD that Calo provided them this specific information, it isn't even funny.

I'll check, if you want me to, but as I remember it was M: 'Who assisted her' S:'a decorated war hero' M:'Interesting. How did you obtain this info?' and so on and so forth. As for Bastila - she was M's original target on Taris, was she not? So Malak's lines are good and sound, imo. If you'd ask how did Carth get identified at all, that'd be teh meestary.

I say, give BW a slap when they deserve it, give them the benefit of the doubt otherwise. :huh:

[/offtopic]

Yeah Malak was there to get Bastila so that makes sense. As far as Carth remember that you Calo sees you twice before you actually finish. In the Cantina and he's in one of the apartments in the Undercity. And it's pretty guaranteed you have Carth in your party during those times. So it makes sense. Now if Mission had been mentioned I might have frowned.

As far as Carth remember that you Calo sees you twice before you actually finish.  In the Cantina and he's in one of the apartments in the Undercity.  And it's pretty guaranteed you have Carth in your party during those times.

Pretty guaranteed? :lol:

That's not good enough. Actually, that's pretty ugly, as far as arguments can be.

edit: PC can be alone at both Lower Cantina/ Lower apts, and the PC+Canderous is the minimum party at the Davik's estate.

edit: anyhow, your reasoning does not explain the identification piece.

Also, it's not "A Jedi and a war hero; crap." It's "A Jedi and a war hero; it's a wonder you escaped the encounter alive." You know, as in alluding to him having said Carth and Bastila were with you at Davik's. Unless you're talking about his heroic stand against you, Carth, and Bastila's (invisible) spirit in the cantina when you first encounter him. It IS amazing that he survived THAT...

He auto-kills, and our damage is automatically reduced to zero. Worst. Fight. Ever.

As far as Carth remember that you Calo sees you twice before you actually finish.  In the Cantina and he's in one of the apartments in the Undercity.  And it's pretty guaranteed you have Carth in your party during those times.

Pretty guaranteed? :unsure:

That's not good enough. Actually, that's pretty ugly, as far as arguments can be.

edit: PC can be alone at both Lower Cantina/ Lower apts, and the PC+Canderous is the minimum party at the Davik's estate.

edit: anyhow, your reasoning does not explain the identification piece.

Actually it is pretty guaranteed that you'll have Carth considering the fact that he's automatically added when you step out the room. Now might some people take him off? Sure. But IMHO 9 times out of ten he's probably going to be traveling with you. At the very least this would be the case the first time you play the game.

As far as what you do in Davik's estate that's really irrelevant. Like I said before Bastila's presence on the planet was already known whether you take her with you to Davik's estate or not. Now whether or not Carth's presence is known is debatable but only to a small degree.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "identification piece" but if you make it more clear I'm pretty cure I can explain why my reasoning explains it. Peace.

-Samori

Also, it's not "A Jedi and a war hero; crap."  It's "A Jedi and a war hero; it's a wonder you escaped the encounter alive."  You know, as in alluding to him having said Carth and Bastila were with you at Davik's.  Unless you're talking about his heroic stand against you, Carth, and Bastila's (invisible) spirit in the cantina when you first encounter him.  It IS amazing that he survived THAT...

He auto-kills, and our damage is automatically reduced to zero.  Worst.  Fight.  Ever.

Yeah it was pretty horrible that you didn't even have a chance. You don't level up THAT MUCH before you fight him. But the one I hate the most is the Sand people and their turrets. If you ever advance towards their building without the right clothes on it's automatic death even before one of the turrets fire. It's freakin ridiculous. Plus there's a bug that if you go into that area and come back then the turrets shoot you even if you have sand people on. It's maddening.

Also, it's not "A Jedi and a war hero; crap."  It's "A Jedi and a war hero; it's a wonder you escaped the encounter alive."  You know, as in alluding to him having said Carth and Bastila were with you at Davik's.

That's right. I don't see how Malak could have said anything other than this pertaining to the Calo Nord's presumed encounter with a Jedi (i.e. Bastila).

Unless you're talking about his heroic stand against you, Carth, and Bastila's (invisible) spirit in the cantina when you first encounter him.  It IS amazing that he survived THAT...

By 'you' do you mean me? It was not my line. It's Malak's. It would be completely wrong to judge it by the information available to you, me, or even to Malak's later knowledge, imo.

Actually it is pretty guaranteed that you'll have Carth considering the fact that he's automatically added when you step out the room.  Now might some people take him off? Sure.  But IMHO 9 times out of ten he's probably going to be traveling with you.  At the very least this would be the case the first time you play the game. 

'Pretty guaranteed' is nonsense. '9 of 10' is a bogus fact.

Let's move on and conclude that you've meant 'most of the playthroughs Carth will be present at your encounters with Calo Nord'.

Now whether or not Carth's presence is known is debatable but only to a small degree.

It's, most probably, unknown, if I have understood you correctly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "identification piece" but if you make it more clear I'm pretty cure I can explain why my reasoning explains it. 

Ok, let's say PC had been spotted with a guy by some informant or Calo himself. How would Calo Nord know the guy is Carth Onasi? He doesn't wear a badge, no 'WANTED' posters on the wall. He should be just a guy, associated with Bastila through a third party (PC).

This is way off-topic. If you'd like, we can continue that in a new thread. Or better yet, you can look up info in bioware's forum archive - there were a lot of discussions about story inconsistencies.

"You" being used in the conversational sense, basically implying that Malak was being unclear (even though he wasn't) and that we have to make up his mind for him.

That's what I get for trying to be social...

Anyway, it's not possible for the encounter that he survives to contain Carth and Bastila at the same time (heck, it may contain neither, as it has several times for me). So yeah...

Anyway, it's not possible for the encounter that he survives to contain Carth and Bastila at the same time (heck, it may contain neither, as it has several times for me).  So yeah...

True. And it felt awkward listening to that conversation. :blink:

Nevertheless, our stately anti-hero in a red uniform is not to blame.

This brings up a question to devs, though.

Do many of scripted encounters depend on stats/skills/abilities/skills of characters, otherwise unattainable/unusable/unapplicable/etc?