Questions to Dev's - take 3

Do you know when the next bit of info will be released on lucas arts?

That is all Lucas Arts, not OE. Sorry if that sounds like a dodge.

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

what the perosn ment about miras model is, there was an original model of mira on LA site character page and numerous screenshots, but the model recieved criticism and the pic of mira is now her concept art, is the model being changed like atton rands was?

what the perosn ment about miras model is, there was an original model of mira on LA site character page and numerous screenshots, but the model recieved criticism and the pic of mira is now her concept art, is the model being changed like atton rands was?

Does anyone have a picture of the old one?

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

I was writing about this thousand times and don't know if it's wise to quote same thing endlessly but here it goes:

"The duel with Malak is the most stupid part of any game ever. This

guy didn't even SCRATCH me but devs forced his victory. Whole part of Leviathan is ridiculous - begining with capture of ebon hawk which was intended to be untouchable and ending on Bastila's ridiculous fight and blocked doors (sooo powerful Revan and cannot open door with his lightsaber?). Like devs didn't have any other ideas on that part of a game.

The real fun would be a changing storyline: make capture by Leviathan accidental

not determined, make killing Malak on the Leviathan POSSIBLE, make Bastila resist dark side under Malak possible and her defection optional. This wouldn't take much of game's memory and this is devs' BAD WILL that we have forceful linear storyline. Even fans could create a mod that will enable all these things - but we'd never get required original voice acting for such mod."

So here's my question: will KOTOR 2 contain such linear bugs? Will players be slaves of forced storyline? I mean there is some scenario backbone but in KOTOR 1 were obvious situations that should be at least random. I consider that whole Leviathan-Bastila-Dark Side as biggest bug of modern RPGs ever. My opinion about the game radically changed after Leviathan and I want to know if KOTOR 2 is intended to have such bugs or not

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Does anyone have a picture of the old one?

mIRA.bmp

As I said before, it adds replay value.  After you've beaten it 8 times, giving everyone a lightsaber gives you reason to beat it 8 more.

:blink:

If thats the your idea of "replay value".....wait forget it: I hope you have loads of fun investing 160+ hours on making various NPCs jedis.

Then again, I never saw the value of replaying KOTOR1 because someone made a mod that changed Bastilas hair color. To each his own, I guess.

lowiej, Sep 7 2004, 11:15 AM

"what the perosn ment about miras model is, there was an original model of mira on LA site character page and numerous screenshots, but the model recieved criticism and the pic of mira is now her concept art, is the model being changed like atton rands was?"

Number one, I'm a person, not a perosn. I've never seen a perosn,

and I hope I never do. (No offense.) :p

Number two, thanks for your help. I think there's a decent chance this will

be answered now. :)

And Anthony, you should check Sirius's link. That should give you all the

information you need. B)

Well, that link makes it hard to tell. For exmaple, the old Atton looked similar to the New Atton, though the New Atton looks much better.

I can only tell you that based on that small picture, Mira looks the same or similar.

--Paul Johnson

Well, that link makes it hard to tell.  For exmaple, the old Atton looked similar to the New Atton, though the New Atton looks much better.

I can only tell you that based on that small picture, Mira looks the same or similar.

Well, does the current Mira model have an attractive face or does she look like a goldfish with botox?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Are the new lightsaber styles/stances that are being added gonna look sort of like lightsaber combat in Episode III? Like did you use some Episode III footage to help you in creating the new stances coming out with this game?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Are the new lightsaber styles/stances that are being added gonna look sort of like lightsaber combat in Episode III?  Like did you use some Episode III footage to help you in creating the new stances coming out with this game?

I dont think anyone in the office has even SEEN episode 3 yet. Maybe some people on the lucas arts side, but that is pure speculation on my side.

--Paul Johnson

Are the new lightsaber styles/stances that are being added gonna look sort of like lightsaber combat in Episode III?  Like did you use some Episode III footage to help you in creating the new stances coming out with this game?

I dont think anyone in the office has even SEEN episode 3 yet. Maybe some people on the lucas arts side, but that is pure speculation on my side.

Ok thanks

Anything more about the new lightsaber stances you can tell me?

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Hi,

I was wondering that since it was said that your alignment affects which NPCs join your party, what happens if your alignment is neutral such as in the grey zone? Would that mean that any NPC could join your party?

Btw, thanks for working so hard. Can't wait for the game to come out  :D

Not trying to dodge here, but I honestly don't know. I know your alignment affects the party members, but as to restrictions on party members joining based on alignment? That is a designer question.

Ah..I see. Sorry, my bad. Thanks, anyway.

Since you have released a beta for XBN is there a chance that this could be releasd as a playable demo? For either x-box or PC (preferably). Since you have already given a trial to one group, why not for everyone?

Or is this all down to Lucasarts rather than Obsidian?