Questions to Dev's - take 3

Well, in case you haven't notice, the devs haven't posted in this thread so opinion is all he's going to get right now.

That might be but the fact still stands that I would like to hear from a dev as to weather or not there will be cheats in the Xbox version of the game. I realize the devs have been busy as of late an haven't posted or replied to anyones questions in quite awhile but at the moment all we can hope for is that the reason why they haven't been answering questions is becuse they are trying to finish the last little bit of the game and will soon return to answer whatever questions they can.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

That might be but the fact still stands that I would like to hear from a dev as to weather or not there will be cheats in the Xbox version of the game. I realize the devs have been busy as of late an haven't posted or replied to anyones questions in quite awhile but at the moment all we can hope for is that the reason why they haven't been answering questions is becuse they are trying to finish the last little bit of the game and will soon return to answer whatever questions they can.

Just had an 'Akari' sighting, so there might be hope yet to get questions answered (Week-end Programmer 4? or would it be 5?). I swear, I just blinked and he dropped off radar :) . The dude's faster than greased lightning (shakes head in disbelief).

There's been a seeming increase in traffic by Developers to this forum lately. Already I've seen Akari, Adam Brennecke (?), and AnthonyD (?) zip by. Maybe that's a good sign, since they seem to both have the time and curiosity to visit. It may indicate that all the rough stuff is done, and they're just cruising the forum to try and gauge what kind of reaction their work will receive upon KotOR 2's release.

Think may be it's time to pander to them so they can give us more goods on the game? :blink:

Oooh, I like being pandered to.

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

Hey hows it going?

How much more do you guy and gals have left to do on the game? i.e. how much longer before you ship to Lucas arts?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Hey hows it going?

How much more do you guy and gals have left to do on the game? i.e. how much longer before you ship to Lucas arts?

I can't tell you a whole lot about the schedule. There are many aspects of that of which I am completely oblivious to.

I know everybody is working hard.

The study of history is a powerful antidote to contemporary arrogance. It is humbling to discover how many of our glib assumptions, which seem to us novel and plausible, have been tested before, not once but many times and in innumerable guises; and discovered to be, at great human cost, wholly false.

--Paul Johnson

Hey hows it going?

I can't tell you a whole lot about the schedule. There are many aspects of that of which I am completely oblivious to.

I know everybody is working hard.

Answer us this one question, if you don't mind:

Why the sudden drop in Developer responses in these kinds of threads?

Understand I'm not really complaining; I'd rather have the game sooner than questions asked more frequently. However, it does make me a bit curious as to whether the workload has been punched up a notch recently. ;)

Thanks in advance, if you're out there.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Understand I'm not really complaining; I'd rather have the game sooner than questions asked more frequently. However, it does make me a bit curious as to whether the workload has been punched up a notch recently. :p

Thanks in advance, if you're out there.

I'll second the talking bear's post. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, I think the answer to this has been guessed already. We are all working really hard.

--Paul Johnson

Is there a definate number of sith lords or will the number vary based on KOTOR?

More than one, less than a million. Hehehe, sorry for being dodgy but you guys know we can't answer specific questions about things like that.

Has to be vague and unassuming in order for us to make a comment :lol:

--Paul Johnson

Do you DEV's actually take what we have to say into consideration for game development?

Or do you guys just sit back and laugh at our stoopid discussions?

I hope it's both! :angry:

I guess I'm angry about it.......I dont know.

Absolutely, we do both. Hahahaha.

Seriously, in 'idea' that manages to reach us we at least take into consideration. After all, we are making the game for YOU. Honestly though, at some point you have to cut bait and realize that there are a never ending stream of good ideas and you simply cannot implement them all.

--Paul Johnson

^Can you tell me if Mira's model is being altered?  ;)

How have you responded to reports that she may

not be as "easy on the eyes" as claimed by LA?  :lol:

I don't know what you are talking about. You have to be more specifc (in a vague sort of way) and maybe even include some examples.

--Paul Johnson

I don't know what you are talking about.  You have to be more specifc (in a vague sort of way)  and maybe even include some examples.

I can't handle that kind of Jolee talk, fizzled the question I had. Oh well, at least I can pander.

You Devs are doing a great job (judging by what has been shown so far: I like the new Jedi Robes :rolleyes: ), and I've got every confidence you'll be able to vault past the high mark of KotOR.

I don't want to harass you guys about when your going to be finished, cause I realize you guys probably only touch one piece of the puzzle, but try to answer this.

Everyone wants this game out soon... There's several different sources on release times. Lucasarts.com lists it as winter 2004, lucas arts via mike gallo's walkthrough lists it as February 2005. EB games has changed it overnight from 6 Dec. to 7 Dec? Various online purchasing sites have different dates..

Any idea on what's up with all of the confusion?

Hi,

I was wondering that since it was said that your alignment affects which NPCs join your party, what happens if your alignment is neutral such as in the grey zone? Would that mean that any NPC could join your party?

Btw, thanks for working so hard. Can't wait for the game to come out :D

Hi,

I was wondering that since it was said that your alignment affects which NPCs join your party, what happens if your alignment is neutral such as in the grey zone? Would that mean that any NPC could join your party?

Btw, thanks for working so hard. Can't wait for the game to come out  :D

Not trying to dodge here, but I honestly don't know. I know your alignment affects the party members, but as to restrictions on party members joining based on alignment? That is a designer question.

--Paul Johnson

How about this:  I can probably guess the answer, but I don't want it to be true: Will you guys fix the "good" glitches, that can be used to make other NPCs Jedi?  This added a LOT of replayablity to the first one...  Cheat codes, maybe?

I honestly dont know what glitches you are talking about. Can you elaborate?

--Paul Johnson