Questions to Dev's - take 3

Threads 1 and 2 have become unweildy insize, so this thread has been started. The other two threads have been locked.

If there are questions that didn't get answered from there, please feel free to restate them, or link the old question to this thread.

EDIT: due to requests, here are links to the other two threads:

Questions to the Devs, Post them here

Questions the the Devs - Take 2, Questions to the Devs

1. Roughly how many levels will the Prestige Classes have?

2. Will you still only be able to have 3 people in your party outside of the ship? ::crosses fingers as he hopes otherwise::

1.  Roughly how many levels will the Prestige Classes have?

2. Will you still only be able to have 3 people in your party outside of the ship?  ::crosses fingers as he hopes otherwise::

the answer to to is yes you are only allowed 3 and the "pet" which will help you in battle so you could say 4

I have been working on something... pet-like over the weekend, actually.  Not for mini-games or anything like that. It will be a 'something' that augments a member of the party.  Anyway, I'll leave it to design to talk about it more when the time is right.  Need to make sure I can get it working first. ;)

-Akari

Is it the laser sphere thing Luke tries his first sabermoves with in ANH?

Or something in that direction?

Mmm... something in that direction, yeah. I think that's all I'll say on it. You'll all just have to wait for anything else about this pet-like thing. :blink:

-Akari

Here's as much as we know.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Has anything been done (or is anything planned to be done) about some of the more overpowered Force powers, ala Force Wave?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Will the starting classes gain bonus feats comparable to their related non-Jedi classes?

Ex. Will the Sentinel get implant feats for free, as it is a natural extension of the scout, what with its immunities and all.

Obviously this would not be directly lifted, as there is no precedent for a starting Consular to come with Scoundrel's Luck. But I would like to see new bonus feats that enhance the natural abilities of our chosen class, like melee attack bonuses for Guardian, attribute or save reinforcement for Sentinels and extra defense or force points for Consulars.

Thanks for reading (and hopefully, answering).

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

the "pet" starts off with one player but can be used by others evetually

Where did you see that? Have a quote?

Akari said it in one of the weekend dev threads. Tho I thought it impliued that it started off with an NPC, and later if certain events happened it could be transfered to the PC (It didn't strike me as being something you could just move around from NPC to NPC.)

I've heard that they're adding all of these new feats and force powers, which I think is cool, although a few of them sound a bit corny, but are we going to be able to use that many of them. This is considering that in the KOTOR 1 you could only pick 1 or 2 forcepower per level and you're adding like 30 forcepowers and you already have about 45 forcepowers (counting both good and evil). It seems like and overwhelming amount of forcepowers to pick even if you have more then 20 levels.

Thanks for reading my bloated question.

I've heard that they're adding all of these new feats and force powers, which I think is cool, although a few of them sound a bit corny, but are we going to be able to use that many of them. This is considering that in the KOTOR 1 you could only pick 1 or 2 forcepower per level and you're adding like 30 forcepowers and you already have about 45 forcepowers (counting both good and evil). It seems like and overwhelming amount of forcepowers to pick even if you have more then 20 levels.

Thanks for reading my bloated question.

Which might not be such a bad thing. You can always choose different force powers on a different play through the game.

Just a few Q's.

1. If we are in stealth mode, and a cut scene starts, will our stealth remain active? It was annoying on the Leviathan as Juhani when you get to the lower area and the guy on patrol comes down the ramp with a cut scene, is your not in the right place when your stealth turns off you get guys on both sides shooting at you. Fine it isn?t a disaster but there was no need.

2. Any chance of a Yoda species (can?t remember the name) in your party?

3. Is this game planned along side KOTOR 3 for better continuity and possibly save game file swap?

4. Will you still have a remarkable feel for languages or will we get a phrase book?

5. Would it be possible to use the rapid transit for getting to the ebon hawk for getting to other places on the map, it took ages to run round the large maps just to pick up one item.

6. Will we have a decent selection of robes and normal clothes so if we want to protect ourselves we don?t have to go round in 5 inch thick armour all the time.

6a. If we walk around in the desert in armour, will we sweat?

7. Please no desert planets!

8. In the turret game, could we be able to save mid fight so if we die we don?t have to replay all those cinematics (especially if you forgot to save after killing Davik the first time :rolleyes: )

9. Instead of using the turrets, could the pilot learn to touch type so we can run away faster?

10. Depending weather you were light or dark in the first game, will KOTOR2 have drastically different plots so will the same basic thing happen just a different way of getting there?

11. In KOTOR 1, is you play on the soldier side you could get through beating people up, on the scoundrel side you still had to do a lot of fighting. Would alternative routs of doing things be more present than plot specific ways as the core game play seams geared to sabre combat.

12. Will the ebon hawk actual show signs of damage after a fight?

13. With the two lots of party members (light and dark) do you just collect them or do you find times when you have two people, good and bad and you have to chose which you want to come with you (that?s dumbed down but you get the idea)

14. We collect a lot of junk, can we have an inventory box to put all the stuff we don?t need any more in?

15. Will the secret compartment in the Hawk still be there? Will the code have changed?

16. Can we store junk in the hawk neatly. Using give item into the crates is rather clumsy.

17. Will people be standing around in odd places doing nothing? What was Juhanis little hole for anyway?

Well that?s my lot for now ;) Thanks in advance.

2. Any chance of a Yoda species (can?t remember the name) in your party?

Don't ask me about if we can have one in the party, but Lucas hasn't said ANYTHING about Yoda's species (not even a name), and won't let anyone else make it up either.

6. Will we have a decent selection of robes and normal clothes so if we want to protect ourselves we don?t have to go round in 5 inch thick armour all the time.

Part of the thing is the tradeoff: You can go ahead and wear armor for a higher AC (well, if your dex isn't uber), but you can't cast a lot of your force powers.

6a. If we walk around in the desert in armour, will we sweat?

Go away.

7. Please no desert planets!

One.

8. In the turret game, could we be able to save mid fight so if we die we don?t have to replay all those cinematics (especially if you forgot to save after killing Davik the first time  )

The turret game won't be something you need to do to advance the plot (and as such, if it's too hard for you, just don't do it).

9. Instead of using the turrets, could the pilot learn to touch type so we can run away faster?

Two.

10. Depending weather you were light or dark in the first game, will KOTOR2 have drastically different plots so will the same basic thing happen just a different way of getting there?

It has been said that places will be different, depending on your light/dark actions.

14. We collect a lot of junk, can we have an inventory box to put all the stuff we don?t need any more in?

Uh... You mean like the storage crates on the Ebon Hawk?

17. Will people be standing around in odd places doing nothing? What was Juhanis little hole for anyway?

Three. *pulls out pistols and wastes Dual*

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Guest Michael Chu
8. In the turret game, could we be able to save mid fight so if we die we don?t have to replay all those cinematics (especially if you forgot to save after killing Davik the first time :o )

You won't be able to save mid-fight, but we have taken steps to make sure that retrying something like that will be as painless as possible.

There will be some noticable differences in the story of the game depending on what happened in the first game.

11. In KOTOR 1, is you play on the soldier side you could get through beating people up, on the scoundrel side you still had to do a lot of fighting. Would alternative routs of doing things be more present than plot specific ways as the core game play seams geared to sabre combat.

While fighting is a big part of KotOR2, there are many instances in the game where you can solve problems through other actions other than combat.