Any way of turning off companion levelling?

I got Pallegina quite late around level 6. And she seems to auto level by herself and the only passive buff she has for the party is +6 accuracy. I'm like what? What kind of Paladin that giving buffs of +6 accuracy to her companions at level 6? And that's the only party buff. Anyway to turn her auto levelling off and we can manually assign her skill/talents assignment?

Edited by Archaven

I got Pallegina quite late around level 6. And she seems to auto level by herself and the only passive buff she has for the party is +6 accuracy. I'm like what? What kind of Paladin that giving buffs of +6 accuracy to her companions at level 6? And that's the only party buff. Anyway to turn her auto levelling off and we can manually assign her skill/talents assignment?

You have to get her earlier when you're a lower level if you want to chose the stuff she gets. In any case, seems she will always start at level four, but I think that means if you do get her that early that you can select a different aura... though that's a pretty darn good one IMO.

I'm playing on hard and in Defiance Bay with Eder, Durance, Kana, Sagani and Aloth. Kinda like hard as it's a little challenging but thus far all seems well. Kicking out Kana for Pallegina seems like a big kick in the arse i said with only +6 accuracy. Kana chants and 4th chants he can summon wisp already. Loving Durance for the heal and support, Sagani for the DPS, Aloth for the nuking and Kana for the chanting buffs and 3rd or 4th chant for some cool spells. What can Pallegina do? Just +6 accuracy? Seriously? If so thanks for the info though.

Edited by Archaven

I'm playing on hard and in Defiance Bay with Eder, Durance, Kana, Sagani and Aloth. Kinda like hard as it's a little challenging but thus far all seems well. Kicking out Kana for Pallegina seems like a big kick in the arse i said with only +6 accuracy. Kana chants and 4th chants he can summon wisp already. Loving Durance for the heal and support, Sagani for the DPS, Aloth for the nuking and Kana for the chanting buffs and 3rd or 4th chant for some cool spells. What can Pallegina do? Just +6 accuracy? Seriously? If so thanks for the info though.

Isn't this supposed to be the no-spoiler forum?

Since I'm not spoiling anything that hasn't already been spoiled here...

I was very unimpressed with Pallegina. +6 Accuracy may be her best aura but that still sucks compared to every other character, and that's really all she brings to the table. She's a much worse tank than Eder. Much worse DPS than other classes (like my barbarian). I just didn't find her useful at all. I dropped her for the ranger but she also disappointed me DPS-wise so I dropped HER for the druid. Durance is great, although I found him mostly useless early on. He just needs a few levels to get good. Even on hard fights don't last long enough to bother using a chanter.

But to answer the question you actually posed... no, there is no way whatsoever to turn off companion levelling.  If you want to build the companions to your liking during your first run, you have to follow a walkthrough to pick them up as early as possible, bypassing all quests until you get them.  Which is a whole heck of a lot MORE immersion-breaking then allowing players to pick abilities when they get the companions.

I'm wondering what other available Paladin buffs. Seriously Pallegina suxs. I love her alot as a character. But +6 accuracy is really bad as a Paladin. Not to mentioned i find her buff radius is superbly small and limited which is only for front-lines. I dont mind about that but serious +6 accuracy? Man what is Obsidian smoking?

Paladin should have party buff like +10 will and +5DR. And she drop like flies compared to Eder. When i got her she has the soldier talent which specialized on 2H. I think she suits better with Sword/Hammer/Mace with Shield. Her +10DR don't help much to me. Eder is standing strong when swarmed with Spectres and Shades and Pallegina drop dead within seconds.