Sorry can i hijack this thread? I like the helmets for their bonuses. Can we have the option to hide the helmet when in adventure & inventory screen?

I want to continue on this line - I hate that feature in other games.  Not because it's not a good feature, but because it really means "We can't render what long hair looks like under a helmet, so here is your option"

But barring someone finally being able to render and mesh long hair that works under any headpiece, yes - I'd like this feature.  The women-folk and their long hair under, say, the pirate hat make them look bald

Back OT:

Yes, helmets do nothing.  Not even protect you in any meaningful way, so unless they have a bonus on them, they are useless.

Why we can't enchant hats , I dunno.

Sorry can i hijack this thread? I like the helmets for their bonuses. Can we have the option to hide the helmet when in adventure & inventory screen?

I want to continue on this line - I hate that feature in other games.  Not because it's not a good feature, but because it really means "We can't render what long hair looks like under a helmet, so here is your option"

But barring someone finally being able to render and mesh long hair that works under any headpiece, yes - I'd like this feature.  The women-folk and their long hair under, say, the pirate hat make them look bald

Back OT:

Yes, helmets do nothing.  Not even protect you in any meaningful way, so unless they have a bonus on them, they are useless.

I suspect helmet is not the main focus as some races like godlike or aumaua has big head and could not wear helmet. And that is 1 less slot for them and in terms of powergaming, this is bad.

Back OT:

I suspect helmet is not the main focus as some races like godlike or aumaua has big head and could not wear helmet. And that is 1 less slot for them and in terms of powergaming, this is bad.

But they have very good racial abilities to compensate...

Although there is no toggle in options there IS a command line option to hide them.

Press tilde ~ (or remap the key in the keyboard control settings if you are using a non-US keyboard layout, then press that)

Press enter

Type in:  HelmetVisibility <value>

With <value> being true or false

This apparently only affects only currently selected party members.

WARNING: Activating the console may cause achievements to be disabled for that game! (You can use the console to cheat in lots of ways). Some commands do effect achievements and some don't! I would recommend trying a new save just in case :)
Edited by AgentZeus