Stronghold question - prison

Anyone? Seems like nothing I can do stops prisoners from escaping... Have higher security the prestige, tried power-word reload, etc.

Getting pretty bummed about bothering with a prison if all that happens is my prisoners escape.

I have yet to have a prisinor escape. I am up to 42 ish hours at the moment. I have always had higher security then prestige, with a current 

44 security/38 Prestige.

I did come across some text while talking to my gaoler, whom i visit from time to time. He informed me that my prisoner was being rather rowdy and what i planned to do about it.  Naturally i said to "Beat / whip him" .  That may have something to do with it. Or just some humorous text.Either way i havn't had any trouble with prisoners yet.

In saying that, i think it could be a rather nice feature. If a prisinor escapes a new bounty quest to 'Hunt him down' might be an intresting feature.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

I have yet to have a prisinor escape. I am up to 42 ish hours at the moment. I have always had higher security then prestige, with a current 

44 security/38 Prestige.

I did come across some text while talking to my gaoler, whom i visit from time to time. He informed me that my prisoner was being rather rowdy and what i planned to do about it.  Naturally i said to "Beat / whip him" .  That may have something to do with it. Or just some humorous text.Either way i havn't had any trouble with prisoners yet.

In saying that, i think it could be a rather nice feature. If a prisinor escapes a new bounty quest to 'Hunt him down' might be an intresting feature.

I told my dungeon keeper to "beat them off". After that they started escaping. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

44 security/38 Prestige.

I told my dungeon keeper to "beat them off". After that they started escaping. 

I am not sure. The only thing i can think of is to increase security, and purchase all the extra buildings and or upgrades. Other than that... *shrugs*

[Edit] As a second thought prestige also affects bad events. So having that high would also, i imagine,  be helpful.

Edited by BLnoT

Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life...

Prison breaks are also getting me down.

I nearly maxed my security, yet Gramrfel keeps giving me the slip, and no amount of reloads seem to prevent it.

I'd jail my jailor for letting his only prisoner escape, but he'd probably also break out!

I wouldn't mind so much if there was some way to ransom or otherwise use the prisoner, but nothing has come up.

Gramrfel offers no conversation, no visitors have offered to buy prisoners, and the jailor only offers to flog him.

At least an option for recapturing escapees would be nice, either as a "companion task" or doing it manually.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Now what the hell is the point of this "prison" if they all just dance out ? The guy guarding the cellblock is WORTHLESS.

For instance i just put some bandit leader behind bars and after 24 hours and even before i had a chance to see him behind bars, he already broke out!

Is this is a bug or expected behaviour?!

Edited by Carados

I have six hirelings, two of them special expensive ones and security in the forties.  Prestige is only in the twenties currently.  I have had Gramifel escape.  Don't think it is a bug but a scripted even but based on what I have no  idea.  All walls are build, towers, bastions, training grounds, barracks and anything that gives security.  I didn't have that problem in a prior play but my prestige was higher.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

You cant prevent prison breaks . Even if you have 1000 security. Isnt that cool ?

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Seriously you tell me this is bugged?  What a letdown. 

I god some wizard jailed and 1 day passed, puf, prision break.  I have only 2 hirelings and i dont remember how low the security, but I havent played much.  1 day is nothing! what , was I supposed to delay the encounter?

This needs polishing

I've taken a grand total of one prisoner - and nothing happened.  No ransom offers, no prison breaks.  He must like the food or the way we redecorated :p

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

in 2 playtroughs i had one prison break, couple of animancer offering to buy prissoners, couple of slavers doing the same, and 2 'family members' offering to ransom the prissoner (which was strange since the prisoner in question was a vhitrack)

its possible there are two random tables:
good events (prisoner ransoms/buyofs, good guests, wandering merchant)
bad events (attacks, bad guests, prison break)

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

I have to concur, the prison system is more than a little worthless in its current state. I only took one prisoner, a wizard drug dealer impersonating a house owner, and he just sat around my dungeon doing absolutely nothing.  My criticisms are as such:

• What was the point? I was not an official lord so imprisoning him on my own authority seemed iffy at best. 
  • Keeping the prisoner gives no benefit, save for the chance to ransom the prisoner or sell him to a slave driver (as I heard) for a pitiful sum either way. 
  • Lastly, the prisoner is instantly transported to Caed Nua when we capture him. A little immersion breaking don't you think?
  • There are I believe 10 cells, are there even 10 possible prisoners in this game?

My proposal for making the dungeon useful is this: Let us rent out the space! Does a local authority need someone imprisoned until a trial or extradition? Send him to Caed Nua, we'll take care of him... provided you pay room and board plus a little extra. Does a wizard need an "experiment" stashed until he can retrieve it? Sure, no problem. Does a big game hunter need a place to put his prized beast before transporting it to a zoo? Yes yes, give us the money. Would there be the chance that, with a low security, the prisoner can escape and attack us during a raid? Well, we need more excitement I say!

Edited by Venatio

escapeee hunting quests/tasks/bounties could be fun

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Having said what I just said - I've just had an animancer and a slaver show up (2 separate incidents in one gaming session) offering to buy the prisoner (Me being nice and all, didn't sell him - maybe with a different PC on my next playthrough).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

You people let people live? I only have 1 prisoner and that was by accident.

I sold her to a slaver. I only promised they'd live. Not comfortably.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

There already exists "security" in the game, how hard is to fix this?

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

• 4 weeks later...

In my case the number of hirelings was the critical factor, basically one of my two prisoners (random) kept escaping until I had 8 hirelings (their "class" did not matter).

CONTEXT

• Game version: 1.05 (linux platform)
  • In-game time: over three months
  • Main quest: beginning of act II. All Act I side quests and tasks completed, about 50% of Act II side quests and tasks completed.
  • Stronghold: prestige 22, defense 35 (I had all the upgrades granting a defense bonus plus 1-2 granting only prestige bonuses)
  • Number of prisoners: 2. The first one was captured no more than 10 days before the unavoidable "prisoner escape event".
  • A "prisoner escape event"  took place after my parted rested without fail (I had saved just before taking this "critical" nap).

TEST

I reloaded multiple times my saved game and each time I increased the number of hirelings and their type until I stopped getting the "prisoner escape event". What I noted is that this event only stopped showing up the moment i got 8 hirelings, which in my case meant either prestinge 22 and defense 42, or prestige 28 and defense 37.

Another thing worth noting is that after resting I always got an event. Before getting 8 hirelings it always was a "prisoner escape event", while afterwards it was random and it could be indifferently good or bad (as I already said the event itself changed randomly after each reload).

Interesting enough, I did similar test to check something else.

In my game I was always getting those bad visitor events. At that point of time I had 0 hirelings and prety well build up prestige and security.

Then I experimented before one such event triggers by adding hirelings.

What I noticed was that after I reached specific threshold in sum of prestige and security that I started getting other events. Bandits, good guests etc...

I know it depended on sum of prestige and security, since I had as an option crucible knight (+4p +2s) and bunch of +2p, +2s, +1s/p hirelings and in all tests crucible knight was worth as much 3 other hirelings.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.