Can't install the patch on my mac

Jojobobo

Question

When I try to install the mac patch from GOG I get the message "This patch will not work with your version!" and then the install fails, any ideas?

Here's my specs:

Processor  2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Software  OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

It's not just you – GOG botched the patch and no OS X users are able to apply it. The only advice so far is to delete the entire game, re-download from their site, then re-download the patch and backer add-ons, and that _might_ work.

Maybe Obsidian can comment on this – I've contacted GOG again but have yet to receive any response in the last 72 hours.

Well this is interesting ... I deleted everything on my computer & re-downloaded the game, plus the patch and two Kickstarter DLCs from GOG.

I then re-installed the game from scratch, then ran the patch and it said it was successful. After that I ran the two DLC packs without issue. 

But when I launch the newly installed & patched Pillars of Eternity, the version number still reads 1.0.2.0508 and no fixes/patches have been applied to the new installation. 

Anyone go to all this effort and run into the same problem?

I replaced the game with the one downloaded earlier (GOG version), added the patches without problems (although they seemed stuck for a while).

Save games is located at ~/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

Currently at work so can't check the version or confirm save games work, will do later.