Patch 1.03 on GOG - won't run

prvincent

Question

I just discovered that Patch 1.03 was available on GOG, so I downloaded it and ran the package file (I'm on a Mac, and the Patch fileneme was patch_pillars_of_eternity_2.1.0.pkg). It seemed to go through the process but then existed with a message saying "This patch will not work with your game version!".

Any idea what the problem is? When I start the game, the version number in the bottom left hand corner is v1.0.2.0508.

• Like 2

14 answers to this question

Wanted to chime in as an OS X user that's been stuck in Raedric's Keep – waiting on a patch – for 8 days now. Stupid me, I know ....

GOG finally released the original patch for OS X around 4 hours ago – sans hot-fix, mind you – and managed to create a broken file that is not compatible for OS X users.

The GOG experience has been pretty miserable so far and going forward I would never support them again.

It'd be great if someone at Obsidian could pass on a gentle note that they could be doing a better job, because GOG is not replying to emails or forum posts.

I tried to install GOG patch but it said some errors occured and to check patch log.

I have tried to attach the patch log to this post but it won't allow me too.

Now when I try to launch the game it instantly crashes and tells me to send the crash log to the developers but again it will not allow me to attach the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

so... so tired of this new patch-through-retail-sales-outlet bull****.

remember when it used to be that you downloaded patches for a game straight from the developer or publisher?

there wasn't a "steam version" or "gog version", and there wasn't this insane bull**** DMCA crap; you had ONE version of a game per platform, and you simply downloaded and installed the patch version you wanted/needed.

those days are gone, I guess, much to the lament of every sane gamer in existence.

/rant

• Like 2

those days are gone, I guess, much to the lament of every sane gamer in existence.

/rant

Virtual Programming offer patches for the Linux build of the Witcher 2 for example. So some still do it. But it makes sense to offer it for specific version (so either GOG or something else), since it's usually an incremental patch.

I had the same problem on my Mac but i fixed it somehow:

1.) Deleted the game (dumped it into trash)

2.) Downloaded it via GOG Downloader a second time (...another 7 gb traffic)

3.) Installed it

4.) Installed the patch

5.) Done

The game saves are stored in another place, so the progress didn´t get lost.

no... the only reason there even IS a "gog version" or a "steam version"... is because those retail outlets INSIST on in house patch review for purely propietary reasons.

it's bloody stupid.

Gog should have nothing to do with the patch process, since the entire idea of GoG was SUPPOSED to be dmca free releases (though they have even specifically violated that from time to time).

it's irony at its finest.

retail outlets should bloody SELL games, not control them and their updates.

I tried to install GOG patch but it said some errors occured and to check patch log.

I have tried to attach the patch log to this post but it won't allow me too.

Now when I try to launch the game it instantly crashes and tells me to send the crash log to the developers but again it will not allow me to attach the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

sounds like the font bug.

check the "known issues and workarounds" sticky at the top of this forum.

no... the only reason there even IS a "gog version" or a "steam version"... is because those retail outlets INSIST on in house patch review for purely propietary reasons.

it's bloody stupid.

Gog should have nothing to do with the patch process, since the entire idea of GoG was SUPPOSED to be dmca free releases (though they have even specifically violated that from time to time).

it's irony at its finest.

retail outlets should bloody SELL games, not control them and their updates.

You mean DRM-free releaes I assume. GOG has QA process. They don't accept patches without testing them first. It's a good, not a bad thing. No idea how Steam do it, but if they don't test those patches - too bad for them. The problem here is not with QA, but with the fact that GOG delayed the patch for OS X and for Linux even more (it's still not out).

Same problem here, wrong version message. :(

Re-downloading the game is not a good option, bad dsl in India, literally took me days to get it in the first place. Checked the known issues post but didn't see anything that looked relevant to this problem.

They don't accept patches without testing them first. It's a good, not a bad thing.

right, so you entirely ignored what I said.

no, it's NOT a freakin good thing.

did the Witcher dev need to have an outside party test its patches?

no.

think about it.