Endurance is too low relative to health

I am having a hard time keeping my endurance up on my front line characters.

Is the secret to just always use a shield?

I am rarely below 90% health after a big fight, which means to me that the health pool needs to come down and the endurance needs to go up slightly.

I don't mind resting after big fights, I think that's the norm for RPG games.

Priest. Circle of healing or whatever it's called. Use draining weapons or such. Fighters have a constant endurance regen that is great. Never have trouble with it on the frontline. Have a lot of trouble on everyone else whenever there are archers or such.

Depends on your party really. I never really had much of a problem with this except in fights where I was clearly out leveled, then again my first play through was with a Kind Wayfarer Paladin as my main. Could have gotten even more cheese if I made him a Moon Godlike.

It means two things:

1) On Easy, Normal or Hard at least, there are ways to protect your party from being damaged significantly in many normal battles. It's probable that you are not exploring those options fully, if you feel your health is going down all the time. POE enemies are very susceptible to charm, confusion, prone, paralysis, priest spells, Eder...

2) There is no problem in another sense, because as you say yourself, of course you'd expect your health to take hits in a big / difficult fight.

How can you see an enemy level? I am stuck right now on the level 3 stronghold dungeon with the boss fight. My party is 4th and 5th level. I am using choke points, lots of pausing, no spell down time and yet my front line can't keep up their endurance. I am using Eder and a custom made barbarian that I thought would be a good tank

How can you see an enemy level? I am stuck right now on the level 3 stronghold dungeon with the boss fight. My party is 4th and 5th level. I am using choke points, lots of pausing, no spell down time and yet my front line can't keep up their endurance. I am using Eder and a custom made barbarian that I thought would be a good tank

If you try several times and the enemies are way too tough, the natural thing to do is go somewhere else. You're not going to be able to do 15 levels of Od Nua right now, anyway.

And yes, bestiary for creature levels, and also other crucial info like their DR, reflection, saves, etc.

How about you tell me which fight you're having trouble with in the Stronghold so I don't accidentally mention any spoilers? Most fights in the underground of the Stronghold can be bottlenecked at door ways to prevent from being swarmed, can easily make the fight 1 vs Party in most cases.

Heal heal and heal.

That's how you keep your health up.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

That's how it's sup to work. Health is a long term resource you manage over multiple encounters. Endurance is what you manage in single encounters.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

If your health is at 90% after a fight, then you literally couldn't have had any trouble keeping your endurance up. On the other hand, if you're taking lots of damage in a tough fight and use healing to keep your endurance up, it's not uncommon to burn over 50% of your health in a single encounter.

EDIT: In other words: it's working just fine.

Edited by Caerdon
  • Like 1

level 3 stronghold dungeon

My party is 4th and 5th level

Just an idea, but you may want to leave the dungeon alone for now, maybe explore something else? Nothing's forcing you to go down there this early

I'm stuck on the same bit, all at level 5 and on hard. I just decided to come back later. Likewise the bounties, I can't do any of them yet so I'll treat them the same. I only wanted to use storied companions initially so I could probably have an easier time of it if I recruited more - but who cares.

Its not the health thats the issue, its the endurance

Healing doesn't affect Health in the game, it only affects Endurance. So when someone like kat7ra recommends healing, they're referring to Endurance.

Sometimes the distinction becomes a bit muddled as everyone's used to calling hitpoints "health" from other games, but in the end, they're usually talking about Endurance.

As for the ogres, there's a thread which might help you a bit.

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

That's how it's sup to work. Health is a long term resource you manage over multiple encounters. Endurance is what you manage in single encounters.

Yup. You're not supposed to run out of Health in any single fight - depleting Health represents slowly being worn down over multiple fights until you can't go on any longer.

The system is fine, just play more and later in the game it won't be such an issue. The fact that this game has no "cosmetic swings" means your going to see your health/endurance go down way faster than in previous games, which might freak people out, but its really about the same.  I've already seen that the endurance part of the game keep the characters in the field way longer than other games like this.  Would you rather have it the old way? One character dies in the early stages of the game.. whelp you have to pick up his gear travel all the way back to town, pay gold to revive, rest, then rinse repeat every time one or more characters gets killed? That way the old way, it took a long time, trust me.

The endurance levels are fine it really does keep your party going longer. and here's a tip.. Use more ranged weapons or characters.

• Like 1