Let us use our force powers in conversation more

Specifically, things like Force Choke. Force Persuade, obviously, showed up quite often....but there was only about one or two instances in KOTOR where you could show off your Darth Vader impersonation and choke someone in conversation who was displeasing you.

I wanna force choke people, dammit! I wanna see the fear in their eyes as they writhe helplessly in the grasp of my power, their throat slowly constricting as they desperately, silently plead for mercy!

The only time I remember you being able to do that in conversation in KOTOR was at the Tatooine Cantina to some low-life Czerka flunky.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Whoa! when do you force choke in dialogue, KOTOR?

Once, at the Tatooine Cantina. You know that obnoxious Czerka guy who is whining about how Tatooine has 'garbage ore, good for nothing. My name is mud in three systems now!'

If you take the route of, 'I don't like your tone', you eventually get to a part where you can say 'You WILL show me respect! (Use Force choke)'

It's great. You don't kill him, unfortunately, but it says he avoids your eyes when you let him go and keeps silent. :)

Couldn't you do that when killing the "terrorist" in the Republic enclave on Manaan ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Couldn't you do that when killing the "terrorist" in the Republic enclave on Manaan ?

That's the second time I was thinking of. Thanks. :)

can light-side characters use force-choke? i can't remember.

p.s. i liked force persuade but i don't think it should necessarily be more common. in fact, there should be more penalties for using it unwisely (at least for light-side characters). otherwise it just becomes unbalanced.

dumber than a bag of hammers

can light-side characters use force-choke? i can't remember.

You betcha.....but it costs more to use.

You mean the mission given to you by Hulan? Well, that was technically illegal to begin with. I prefer the obnoxious Czerka guy on Tatooine. heh, he just didn't know what trouble he was getting into.

^Agrees with the initial post.

Jedi use their powers all the time in the movies :) I want more force power use options. :)

While there were a lot of persuade options (which got a lot of use from me) I want more force choke options :D

Wishlist...

The ability to use Stun Droid on chatty droid, The ability to use Stasis Field on chatty people, the ability to create a bit of background "Force Lightning" to emphasize a point, the ability to use the Cause Fear (name?) when talking to kids, the ability to use Force Jump to get to a conclusion fast. The list is endless. Force powers are way underused :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There were quite a few times you could intimidate people around the swoop track with your force powers.

It seems to ring a bell somewhere. You could haggle for lower prices or free rides ?

Same thing with "airport taxes" ?

I didn't bother with Force Persuade after my first game, putting more points in the destructive and offensive powers. :)

There were quite a few times you could intimidate people around the swoop track with your force powers.

Pretty much all Force Persuade.

"(Force Persuade) Give me money and leave my presence!"

That sort of thing.

I want to use my force powers to pick up just legal teens in dance clubs and make them my willing slaves.

You don't need Force Powers for that. Tell them you're with 'Girls Gone Wild.'

I want to use my force powers to pick up just legal teens in dance clubs and make them my willing slaves.

You don't need Force Powers for that. Tell them you're with 'Girls Gone Wild.'

Yea, but then I have to find some guy to hold up a flashlight and pretend it's a movie camera! And he'll want a share of the booty as well!

Force powers are better.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Pretty much all Force Persuade.

"(Force Persuade) Give me money and leave my presence!"

That sort of thing.

Which would be using a force power in dialogue...

Which would be using a force power in dialogue...

Force Persuade, obviously, showed up quite often

I specifically mentioned this in my first dialogue to clear up confusion as to what I meant.

But not the topic title. Or even the subtitle. :lol: Besides it's the same gist as using force choke because you couldn't use force persuade on them like that without cackling wildly and getting DS points. I think you could piss off/scare almost every NPC in the tattoine swoop track office.

Why limit it to the powers you take at level-up? Even the basic force stuff could be useful in dialogue.

PC: "Hey, is there any chance I could get through into that super-cool restricted area you're guarding?"

Guard: "Keep dreaming, ya' robe-wearing pansy!"

PC: "Oh I just wanted to take a look. Say, would you be interested in..." [Reaches out with The Force to pull the trigger of the blaster tucked into the Guard's severely overstressed belt]

Of course, that would be a rather evil option. Lightside characters could, say, pull his weapon out of his reach, or create some kind of a diversion get him away from the 'general alarm' switch.

Of course, that would be a rather evil option. Lightside characters could, say, pull his weapon out of his reach, or create some kind of a diversion get him away from the 'general alarm' switch.

That would be nifty. Good thought.

You could force massage his colon, making him soil his pants, so that he runs to the hypertoilet and leaves his post unguarded.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I want to "force persuade" the admin to ban Karzak.

Ahem, other than that, I mostly agree with the points made in this thread.

Use the force, Luke!

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin