Hi "I am Catharsis" and congrats

Can you tell us what were your stats ? What abilities did you choose ?

Thx :)

Hi, and sorry for the late answer.

So basically, my build was not that optimised. But the core stats and skills i took were the following:

- Might and Cons maxed out.

* Might is probably the best stat in the game as it influences ALL the damages you do, including the scrolls and spells you get from your gear.

* Constitution is extremely useful when you play solo because you will have to tank, so a large HP pool is important. + A high global health pool will allow you to hold long fights.

The rest of the stats are secondary, still the ones that boost Deflection are still good to take on your gear.

For the skills and talent:

I took mainly passive ones. First because the Rogue doesn't have active skills that really deal high damages, second because with a low Dexterity, they are not that instresting.

Key spells:

- Sword and Shield Mastery: Probably the best for soloing, i took it level 2

- Shadowing Beyond: You NEED this one as a Rogue, i took it level 3

- Retaliation: This is what this build is all about. When you Parry / Dodge, you have 30% to hit back your opponent. With a high deflection, you will hit like crazy in big packs of mobs. You will get access to it level 5.

The rest is up to you. I personally played super safe and took the +5 Deflection Bonus and the +10 Deflextion for 0,8 Attack speed Bonus that have a great synergy with this build.

And to follow on the last answer, I think too that it's doable with almost all classes. I am currently trying with a Paladin, and so far I reached the Bay with no trouble. Using the same kind build (with the blood plate), it works really well, especially since Paladins have HUGE bonuses in Deflection. I'll try to keep you up to date if I manage to finish the game :)

Edited by I am Catharsis

Great post. Thank you.

I am just wondering what weapons you have used throughout to level.

I am level 4 and it is pretty bad :)

Also: weapon and shield stacks with one handed weapon talent?

And 30% grazes go to hit talent stacks with Saints War Armor (with the same stats)?

What potions you have used the most and relied on the most?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Pufulet, and thank you :)

So I have to say that i was mistaken with the "One Handed Weapon" talent. I learnt that it doesn't stack with sword and shield, so it was a waste of a point.

For the weapon used, I mainly used the Promise of Gaun all along my adventure. I swapped it with the Blesca's Labor at the 3rd Act (you can buy it as soon as you reach Hearthsong) then Purgatory at the end for the final boss.

I didn't use much potions all game long except for the final fight because they are expensive and usually don't last long. I would still advise you to buy a lot of food, and especially the ones that least for 300 seconds. They cost amost nothing and are really good. 

And i have no idea about the 30 gazes and the Saints War Armor :o Didn't use that armor at all

I'm giving it a try as well. Made it to Defiance Bay so far. Had a really hard time getting through Caed Nua. After a few tries, I was able to get rid of the shadows and phatoms in the Main Keep by using the Bronze Horne figurine and a Noxious Burst trap (lethal against spirits). Also made Maewald fight against a bunch of spiders and beatles while I run away with Shadow Beyond.

Right now I'm level 5, finally been able to get Riposte and I've gotta say... I'm probably missing something, but is not working as I expected to :p

I barely riposte any enemy, and when it finally happens, the damage is really really low.

Fox example, I tried to kill a Justicier from Defiance Bay:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8uysr34s11jhun/riposte.jpg?dl=0

Any insight?

@Pufulet: Yeah i'm talking about the Flail. The French name is "Gaun's Promise", sorry for the confusion.

*EDIT: Actually I lied, it's not called at all "Promise". I'm just stupid.

@Drumther: The Riposte is not super super effective early in the game. First because it only hit back around 20 - 30% of the deflected / avoided hits, and second because the damages scale on the damage the ennemy deals. If you want to make it really good, you need to focus on the Deflection as much as possible. Take the talents that brings you a lot of it (even if it lowers your attack speed) and find some gears having bonuses like +10 Deflection (ring), +2 Perception, +2/3 Perception, +2/3 Determination .

*Edit: I lied too. Wrong explanations at first. It should be better now. >>

But at level 5 you can't really rely on this skill only. It becomes more intresting a bit later in the game!

Edited by I am Catharsis

And yes exactly! Currently the early part of the game is a real pain, especially Caed Nua with the main room filled with Phantoms (I honestly think they should rework it by the way). After that, all the part where you can farm XP thanks to small quests in he Bay is actually quite easy. 

Anyone have nay tips for how to do this room? I have 3x fire traps and the figurine. Playing with Cipher level 4. 

6ej155.jpg

And yes exactly! Currently the early part of the game is a real pain, especially Caed Nua with the main room filled with Phantoms (I honestly think they should rework it by the way). After that, all the part where you can farm XP thanks to small quests in he Bay is actually quite easy. 

Anyone have nay tips for how to do this room? I have 3x fire traps and the figurine. Playing with Cipher level 4. 

with the figurine you should be able to position yourself in the corner in a way that they cant reach you, from there 4 scrolls of fan off flames should be able to kill them all, as a cipher you should also try to be mind controlling them

• Like 1

with the figurine you should be able to position yourself in the corner in a way that they cant reach you, from there 4 scrolls of fan off flames should be able to kill them all, as a cipher you should also try to be mind controlling them

Thanks ! Got 1st first time.... Mostly. One Shadow dodged all the fan of flames, and trolled me with daze so I had to quit. Cant get that far in any subsequent attempt. I think my figurine managed to absorb 2 fan of flames the first time round which helped.  I am trying whisper of treason but it does not seem effective for this size mob. I aggro with Psycovampiric shield and pull them to a trap where I cast my figurine so they bunch up before I run though, then I run into the corner. I usually do not take damage from this. Then I use mark of nature  and mind blades and start spamming fire fans. I always end up to at least one guy alive who stunlocks me :/ 

EDIT: Whoohoo! Got it :) For any other Ciphers out there:

Start Aggro with bow (target phantom) or eyestike (target shadow) . Pull mob into corner by the front door. You will get there before the phantoms. Quickly summon your figurine (and swap weapons if you were ranged, need large fine shield). Now NB, the space is big enough for two people, so place your figurine warrior next to you in the corner. Now you can fan on flame the group without hitting him. Mark of nature recommended before you start with the fan of flame. If you run out of flames and there are one or two enemies left then stunlock with mental binding (1 opponent) or use whisper of treason (2 enemies). My figurine survived to the end, and I could stunlock the last phantom :)

Edited by Omnicron

6ej155.jpg

Thanks ! Got 1st first time.... Mostly. One Shadow dodged all the fan of flames, and trolled me with daze so I had to quit. Cant get that far in any subsequent attempt. I think my figurine managed to absorb 2 fan of flames the first time round which helped.  I am trying whisper of treason but it does not seem effective for this size mob. I aggro with Psycovampiric shield and pull them to a trap where I cast my figurine so they bunch up before I run though, then I run into the corner. I usually do not take damage from this. Then I use mark of nature  and mind blades and start spamming fire fans. I always end up to at least one guy alive who stunlocks me :/ 

What are your stats? Mainly Fortitude?

The key is indeed to engage only as many as possible and only Shadows. You should have potion, yellow at least I always have it, which reduces duration of effects on you. I believe it works in this situation. Can you boost your Aim? Misses here are deadly.

edit: In this screen shot you can see that Phantom was not able to stunlock me, as it grazes me for 50% effect, due to my For

Edited by knownastherat
  • Like 1

I've gone for Maxing Might, Int, and Resolve. No dump stats, so everything else is around 10. I want max duration for my effects and max might for damage and my Moon Godlike heals. Then Resolve helps with Deflection and concentration. Figured those are the best three to focus on and so far it has been pretty easy before I got stuck here. I did not think it though too much, still got a long way to go with my main party :) I just wanted to see what was involved for solo and do it while I still remembered everything about the locations :)

Anyway, edited my previous post becasue I finally managed it :) Thanks for the advice :)

Edited by Omnicron
  • Like 1

6ej155.jpg